Oia's Sunset Apartments
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Pezoules(Oia)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewscaldera viewgreat hostsnice poolapartment was cleanbus stopeasy accesscar rentalgyrosperfect locationbeautiful oiafull kitchenstayed for nightsvisiting santorinifantastic stayamoudi bayrestaurants and shopsprivate balcony
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

We were very pleased with the apartment we got - spacious and well set out. It was on the second level with a reasonably good view of the famous Oia sunset. Each evening people would gather from all over around the streets next to our room to catch a glimpse of the sunset. So I guess we were on a good thing. Panos and Stavros were easy going hosts, always cheerful and willing to help. Oia's probably a good choice of place to stay in Santorini and you couldn't go far wrong with Oia Sunset apartments if you choose it as your base and don't want to pay top dollar on accommodation.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Trooperoz
Reviewed 24 July 2014

I made my reservation at Oia's Sunset after finding positive reviews on Trip Advisor. I found Santorini and Oia's Sunset so incredibly beautiful that I started to cry tears of joy upon arriving. Our room (#15) was a suite that could have comfortably slept 5 people, and it had three balconies with views of the sea. I could not believe how beautiful it was. It was a very short walk to the Calvera (popular walking path that was the main pedestrian zone in Oia). The location was perfect, because it was just far enough away from the Calvera to be quiet at night, but close enough (really just the equivalent of a city block). We could watch both the sunrise and the sunset from our balcony. Panos and Stavros were very gracious and fun hosts, as were all the people who worked at the hotel. The rooms were spotless, and included a small kitchen.

We have only been home from our trip to Greece, and I already miss Oia's Sunset.

Room Tip: I don't think there's a bad room in this hotel, but ours (#15) was particularly good for its view of the Ionic Sea.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Karen R
Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

Location, apartment, pool all totally amazing (oia really is the most beautiful part of the island) but what most blew us away was the staff, they were amazing, bending over backwards to accommodate or help in any way they could. We had the best trip to santorini, made even more amazing by this gorgeous hotel. The apartment was spacious had 2 balconies, one of which had a beautiful view of the sunset which we watched most nights. Cannot recommend this hotel more!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Simon T
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Santorini is beautiful and Oia is a great area to stay in but what made our trip extra special were the hosts at this hotel. Oia's Sunset is wonderful. The location is great, the rooms are spacious, clean and functional. The pool is the perfect temperature for those hot days. You have easy access to local transportation when you're ready to explore the island. All of Oia is safe but Oia's sunset felt extra secure. Your room gets cleaned while you're off swimming, shopping, exploring, fishing, etc. All of these things are great but like I said at the beginning of this review, what made our trip extra special were the hosts at this magical hotel. Stavros and Panos are amazing. They were so helpful and so funny. They know the island inside and out. They know the people, they know the culture and they know how to help their guests. They take care of you. I think my girlfriend fell in love with both of them and I can't blame her. These guys are great. I'm not the kind of person who is overly complimentary so believe me when I say you will not be disappointed if you stay here. I left them my contact information so that if they are ever in Oregon they can look me up and have a free place to stay...that's how much I liked these guys. When you are at Oia's Sunset you feel like you are being cared for like a family member. If I was going to open a hotel I would try as hard as I could to steal these guys away. I watched them interact with other guests at the hotel and they adapt to the type of person they are dealing with. Not everyone wants to be social with their hotel managers and Stavros and Panos respect that. They are not pushy, they just are there. If you want to talk to them and hang out at the bar for a while you can. If you just want directions to a great restaurant or help setting up a private boat ride they can help you with that too. There might not be a caldera view from this hotel but the view of the sunset from your terrace more than makes up for that. Plus the caldera is about a 45 second walk away. I don't know what more I can say? The price is more than affordable, especially if you are travelling with a partner. We stayed at another hotel for a few days before and we were so glad we booked Oia's Sunset afterward. Enjoy Santorini and enjoy Oia's sunset. I am aware that this sounds like a fake review but it's not. I just simply loved this place. Cheers!

Room Tip: If they are available ask for an upper level room.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Shanklin33
Reviewed 10 July 2014

We truly enjoyed our stay at Oia's Sunset. The best part of the hotel are the owners Panos and Stavros (we didn't meet Stavros, he was away, but Panos is amazing). He gave us great advice, made arrangements for us to do the boat tour of the islands, and called our previous hotel in Athens for us looking for a lost item. He was a terrific resource. We got a family room (two bedrooms, bath and kitchenette) which had three balconies, overlooking the water and with a sunset view. The hotel has a lovely pool as well. It is on a main pathway and therefore easily accessible to Oia, but not noisy. What more could you ask for??

Room Tip: Ask for a caldera or sunset view.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family