“Such a Fun Boat Tour”

and up
Sailing Catamaran Cruise in Santorini with BBQ and Drinks
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: As an expert of organized sailing tours, Sunset Oia organizes yacht excursions and romantic private and semi cruises around the breathtaking caldera bay including the therapeutic waters of hot springs and the famous red and white beaches. Sunset Oia invites you to embark on a thrilling Santorini island adventure as well as the most romantic private or semi yacht sailing tour in Santorini from the port of Ammoudi in the picturesque village of Oia.
Reviewed 10 July 2014

My husband and I did the Ocean Voyager 74 Sunset Tour, and it was amazing! We had so much fun with people on the boat, and enjoyed the beautiful sunset at the end of the tour. They took us to an area to swim inside the Caldera by a Volcano, where the water was a little warmer. The food on the boat was excellent as well. They made all the food on the boat and asked what you wanted them to barbecue for you. I would go back and do this tour again in a heartbeat. If you are looking for a fun and relaxing tour, I would choose this one for sure.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,725)
All reviews
in 18 reviews
"well worth the money"
in 21 reviews

Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

Our family with teens went on the daytime sailing adventure to soak up some sun, swim, snorkel, and have a great bbq lunch. We were picked up at our hotel which was perfect! We met so many nice people on board and truly had a wonderful day. We were able to lay out on the front of the catamaran and take lots of photos too. It was such a fun day! Thank you George for being so informative, emailing me so quickly, and even allowing us to change the day we went on the boat due to rough winds. I highly recommend this trip!

Reviewed 7 July 2014

Did the sunset cruise from Oia (more specifically Ammoudi bay) on the brand new Lagoon 560, which doesn't seem to have been included in the brochures yet but presumably will soon. It's the biggest catamaran in the 'fleet' and has a capacity of 22. There were 20 on our cruise and it didn't feel crowded at all. Beware that the publicity materials were misleading as they claimed the tour would start in Vlychada, in the south, and finish in Oia for the sunset, meaning the route went close to the volcano. Actually, it can only go to and from Oia because it's too big for Vlychada port, and we didn't do the volcano up close. I presume they will correct this at some point.

Staff were friendly and lively and by chance we had a young, predominantly couples/honeymooners crowd, which made it a nice fun atmosphere. We didn't get to alight at the beach because it was too windy but it didn't really matter, being on the boat was great fun, although bumpy at full speed! Very tasty BBQ was served at about 6pm and then we headed back to Oia for the sunset.

Transfers there and back are provided but my recommendation would be to stay in Ammoudi and have dinner at one of the fish tavernas along the harbour (although we weren't impressed with the service or attitude at Katina's, with the orange furniture). The restaurants will call a taxi to take you home afterwards.

It's not a cheap trip, the Lagoon 560 was 170 euros per person, but it was unlimited white wine, soft drinks and beer on board, plus the food, so we didn't feel too hard done by.

Definitely worth doing if you are in Santorini!

1  Thank CityLawyerLondon_UK
Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

Highly recommend. The company is super organized with pick-up, etc. The trip itself is awesome. At first when everyone has to take a seat for the departure it can seem a little cramped, but 2 minutes in when you can spread out to the "trampoline nets" everyone has enough room. Crew was super friendly, dinner was great, and the stops were well-planned; never seemed like the time spent stopped was too short or too long (one stop at sulphur springs, one by the red beach, and another for snorkeling). Lots to see on the island along the way. Of course the sunset is the highlight. So much better to watch comfortably from the boat rather than fighting all the other tourists for a spot on Oia. Also nice touches such as playing lively hip hop on the early part of the trip and then switching to low-key music for the sunset. A great opportunity to meet other travelers too. All in all a great experience!

See more reviews
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

We went as a group of six for a sunset cruise on the red catamaran (€90 each). I booked through the website for the 4th as it was my friend's birthday. Almost immediately after paying my phone rang and it was to say that they hadn't stopped the site from allowing bookings but they were full. The guy was very apologetic and we switched to the 5th. Upon learning it was meant to be for a birthday they also said they would provide a cake (more on this later).

The cruise itself was lovely. Good music, lovely crew (including a lovely physical therapist moonlighting as a bartender who fixed my toe which I managed to graze before boarding).

The boat is clean, well maintained and never felt crowded (there were 27 of us on our cruise). The dinner was yummy enough and the limitless wine and oyzo led to much merriment.

The captain told me on board that they had accidentally forgotten the cake and we would get it at the end. He apologised profusely. I was fine. But, when we anchored to watch the sunset... He motioned to me to say that he had gotten the cake delivered by dinghy. Amazing touch! We sang happy birthday and ate cake while the sun set.

Can not recommend highly enough. Spiros and his team are a slick and wonderful crew and this was the highlight of an already amazing trip. Thank you!!