Santorini visit was spectacular in thanks to our hosts, Rosa & Erika, proprietors of Chelidonia Villas. We had personal attention by having the fridge stocked with simple necessities and a bottle of Santorini wine. Kitchen had fruit, coffee & drip coffee maker, as well as electric hot water pot. Toaster and hot plate for cooking. Located among shops, bakeries and restaurants. Perfect location for watching sunrise & sunset on villa patio. We wanted rest and relaxation and the villa provided that environment. Daily maid service and assistance with getting to and from the hotel was much appreciated. This was a step back to a simpler way of life with no TV and noise. We stayed in larger villa that had kitchen, dining room (table for 6-8), private bedroom and full size bath with shower. The decor is simple but elegant. Picture of actual grandparents of former owner on wall in living area. We learned a lot about history of Santorini and how the hotel survived the earthquake in the 50's. This place is lovingly maintained by the owners and it was an honor to stay in their "home." For a full glorious 5 days we basked in the beauty of Greece and all of it's culture. I can't imagine staying anywhere else on a return trip!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Chelidonia is a family run set of carefully restaurated traditional dwellings on the caldera cliffs in the heart of Oia, Santorini. We offer panorama and privacy for individual travellers who contact us directly. We are proud to have been recommended by the New York Times as the preferable accommodation to stay on Santorini island. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com so you can book your Chelidonia Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chelidonia Villas Hotel Oia
- Chelidonia Hotel Oia
- Chelidonia Villas Santorini/Oia