“Santorini Idyll”

Andronis Boutique Hotel
Ranked #5 of 56 Hotels in Oia
Reviewed 26 June 2014

My wife and I had decided to take a short break in the Greek islands and recently spent a week in the Andronis in Oia. We had previously researched the hotel in some depth and were pleased to find that it lived up to all of our expectations. The location, in the middle of Oia, could not have been more perfect, the view out over the cadera was stunning. Staying in a cave for a week was different but nevertheless an interesting experience. The only gripe with the room was the air-con which was very noisy.
As many other guests have commented the staff were exceptionally attentive and helpful, particularly George (guest relations), Methos(?) (maître d'), Sebastian, Isaac and Ireni in the restaurant, and the very strong porter, Vangelis.
We would recommend the island, the resort and particularly, the Andronis, for anyone wishing to take a short break in a beautiful tranquil spot.

3  Thank Paul W
There are newer reviews for Andronis Boutique Hotel

Reviewed 25 June 2014

This hotel is absolutely amazing. You look out your windows to the Agean. You get room service twice a day to make sure you always have clean towels and water. Everyone who works here is extremely friendly, and always wanting to know if there is anything they can do for you. The rooms are completely made of stone and absolutely gorgeous. There were two minor things I would have changed if I could. There is no way to hold the windows open at night to feel the breeze, the wind keeps shutting them, and they start scrubbing the steps in the morning, so if you are trying to sleep in you hear "scrub, scrub, scrub". If you have problems with steps, this hotel has ALOT of them, and it could be difficult.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 22, which had two floors, but you had to shut the windows to get around the bed (s...
Reviewed 24 June 2014

It's more than wonderful, it's incredible. Beautiful place with the best service, very welcoming people, accommodations, view and feeling. One of the best vocation ever and the most delicious croissants for breakfast that I've ever tried. Thank you Andronis Boutique Hotel for this pleasure.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 June 2014

My husband and I just got back from our honeymoon in Greece. Santorini was our second stop after Athens, followed by 2 other islands. If we had known how amazing the Andronis hotel group was, we would have stayed in Santorini for the entire two weeks. Upon arriving at the hotel, we were greeted by George who made us feel right at home. George gave us a tour of the hotel and our room... we instantly fell in love! The rooms are big and very unique - cavelike with great views from every room. The hotel is located in the middle of the caldera which provides great views of the sea and the unbelievable architecture. The private jacuzzi was a nice surprise to both of us. My husband and I felt we had our own private area with amazing views. We each got a massage from Gregory in their cabana by the pool which was such a great start to our vacation! Our first morning waking up in the hotel was pure bliss. Each room has a tempurpedic bed which made our sleeping very comfortable. We decided to spend some time at their beautiful pool area to enjoy the views and sun. Each person working there was friendly and personable and made us really feel at home at the hotel. The food at the Andronis was also a highlight of our stay. Their breakfast takes place in a beautiful setting and has delicious, fresh options. I could eat their fresh, homemade crossants cappuccino fredo everyday! After the first day, George offered an upgrade to the AltaMare which we happily accepted but still wanted to come back to the boutique to hang out with everyone and enjoy the pool and food. We decided to have dinner at the Boutique one night which was a FANTASTIC meal, overlooking the ocean. We had the fresh Sea Bream, caught by their own fisherman and enjoyed other authentic, delicious food! That meal was one of the best on our trip and since George was behind the bar we were able to say hello and tell him how much we were enjoying our stay! It was very hard to leave Santorini because George and Panos at the AltaMare made our stay so special! We will DEFINITELY be back in Santorini and plan to stay longer than 5 days!

Room Tip: Lots of stairs but a good workout!
Reviewed 19 June 2014

We are still here and I don't normally like to make negative reviews I just feel disappointed. We both travel a lot and stay in 5 star hotels for business and holidays. The service on arrival was good if not a little rushed. I booked this hotel as you can have breakfast in your room so far we have been offered a bread basket and coffee which doesn't seem fair since it's what was stated in the brochure in the room that you can have anything on offer also there are pics on trip advisor. I have complained and after a discussion it was agreed that we could have breakfast. The main reason being I've had an operation and can't walk up and down the stairs over and over again. Over dinner it seemed that other guests had much more care and attention compared to us. I don't like a lot of fuss but so far this holiday has not met expectations and I have certainly not noticed the service and friendliness that others have mentioned. Lastly the pool is so far from our room it's not even worth going to.

• Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank Sasha100
Reviewed 6 June 2014

I have been all over the world and have stayed at myriad-rated hotels from 2- to 5-star, and staying at the Andronis Boutique Hotel was the single best traveling experience I've ever had. My husband and I began our honeymoon in Rome and ended it at the Andronis Boutique in Santorini. With Aegean Airlines canceling our flight, putting us in much later than expected, and with our driver not showing up at the airport to take us to our hotel, we could have easily started our trip with a chip on our shoulder. However, the people at Andronis made that impossible, and any memory of the hiccups at the start of our trip were erased by the first sip of champagne with which we were greeted. When we got to the hotel at around 11 p.m., we were given champagne, a tour of the hotel, shown to our room, and George, our gracious host, stayed late to tend bar so we could unwind from our stressful travels--even though he's the first one there in the morning. It was this kind of selfless service we received throughout our entire 6-night stay. Please see below for a breakdown of all the wonderful things that await you should you choose Andronis (and you should):

Rooms:
I hate to begin with a platitude, but sometimes life calls for one--our room was fantastic. The cavernous shower in the bathroom made getting clean extra fun. The bed was so comfortable that my husband and I slept until almost 1 p.m. the first night. Bonus: The picture window opposite the bed opens up to the 2nd floor balcony, offering panoramic views of the Aegean Sea and white-washed villages, and makes you feel as though you are waking up in heaven every morning. And the hot tub on our 1st floor was the perfect end to every evening.

Staff:
For me, a hotel can have every amenity, view, and comfort I could ever want, but if it has a staff with a snobbish or bad attitude--as most 5-star hotels do (I'm looking at you Four Seasons)--it might as well be a roach motel... I just can't stand it. I have never seen a staff more client-oriented, professional, and warm as I found at the Andronis Boutique. George, Chrisa, and the Maitre d' at the hotel's restaurant (I'm sorry, but I don't have the spelling of his name) have created a one of a kind experience at their hotel. They are so hard-working, kind, gracious, and humble that they have made anticipating their clients' needs into an art. They somehow can make you feel as though you're their only guest, when it's clear you most certainly are not. The staff at the Andronis Boutique made all the difference for my husband and me.

The Extras:
I love a hotel that goes above and beyond for their client. It would have been enough for my husband and me to stay at this beautiful hotel with its wonderful staff, but coming home to a different treat every day/night was the cherry on top of a fabulous stay. One night, we were greeted with yogurt w/balsamic and a bottle of white wine; then, after a conversation with George in which I disclosed I love to read, I woke up to find a rocking chair on my 2nd floor balcony and a Jane Austen quote on my bed that night; also, my husband and I had bought some honey and oils and spices from one of the hotel's boutique shops. When we asked the Maitre d' if their oregano happened to be for sale and if we could buy some, he sent it to our room as a gift; and finally for our last night, George upgraded us to a pool-side suite at their sister hotel Andronis Luxury Suites with a complimentary bottle of wine.

Cleanliness:
My husband and I call the cleaning staff at Andronis "the ninjas". We could be gone for only 30 minutes and they would have come in and cleaned our entire room before we got back. The brochure says they clean twice a day, but I'm pretty sure it's more like ten. Every time you leave the ninjas come in and clean up after you.

The Food:
My husband and I are major foodies. We pretty much plan our trips around gastronomic experiences. The restaurant at Andronis Boutique is a fantastic gourmet restaurant. We had the ink risotto with cuttlefish, the grouper with prosciutto-wrapped asparagus, and the sea bream with mashed cauliflower. Everything was wonderful and I would recommend the restaurant to any one of my foodie friends.

Also, the breakfast (which is free every morning) was one of the highlights of our trip. My husband looked forward to it every day. Great coffee, an incredible buffet with as many sweet and savory choices you could imagine, and a cook to order menu that offers something for everyone. My husband got the poached eggs; I fell in love with the ham and cheese toast which is simple but surprisingly delicious and addictive.

As for food outside the restaurant, George and Chrisa are full of recommendations for both moderate and gourmet dining. We followed all of their recommendations and had a fabulous dining experience every time. To quote the man himself, "Always listen to George... you will like it."

Side note: We stayed a night at the Andronis Luxury Suites down the street, and with a basis for comparison, can unequivocally say that Andronis Boutique Hotel is above and beyond our favorite. The room and hotel at Andronis Luxury was lovely, but Andronis Boutique is far more client-oriented and gives you way more for your money. Andronis Luxury may have an inifinity pool, but Andronis Boutique has George and Chrisa. Choose the Boutique--you'll pay less and leave with twice the great memories!

If this review wasn't telling enough--we loved our stay. You will too.

Room Tip: To be honest, the view (and I'm sure the comfort level) would be fantastic from any of the rooms...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Suzanne M
Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

We had the most wonderful time in Andronis boutique. Krista and George and the entire staff made our stay so special. The views are spectacular and the rooms and amenities were perfect. We had a delicious last night dinner at the hotel resturant. The good presentation and service was flawless.
We will definitely be returning. Tres bien!!!!

Stayed: June 2014
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oia
Andronis Luxury Suites
Atrina Canava 1894
Kirini Suites & Spa
Kirini Suites & Spa
#11 of 56 in Oia
Art Maisons Luxury Santorini Hotels Aspaki & Oia Castle
Iconic Santorini, a boutique cave hotel
Katikies Hotel
Katikies Hotel
#14 of 56 in Oia

Been to Andronis Boutique Hotel? Share your experiences!