“Wonderful views, spacy & unique cave rooms, excellent service and free breakfast, could not ask for more! OK...missing a pool bu”
Review of 160 Thea Hotel

and 1 more site!
160 Thea Hotel
Ranked #24 of 34 Oia B&B and Inns
Decatur, Ga
Reviewed 12 September 2012 via mobile

Hard to find their actual website: www.160thea.gr/en/

Only reason I gave location a 4 and not 5 is because you have to walk 5 min into town (which is very easy level walk once you are on road) but drivers here are crazy so walking on road makes me little nervous, But hotel is on cliffs, absolutely beautiful view and that location is perfect.
We have rooms 33 and 34 (Exec Sea View rooms) w shared patio, small wall giving each hot tub privacy.
Staff could not be friendlier in this 11 room hotel, sister hotel to Mystique which is right next door... Can use their bar and spa but not pool.
Natalie is great, she will assist in taxis, transfers, etc making tour stay easy and carefree, also a wealth of local knowledge. Her and her staff should be rated 10, not 5!!
We have 66 steps to road into town, so like any cliff hotel in Oia mobility may be an issue, but we walk slow and enjoy the scenic views as we climb up/down.
Water pressure/showers great on this dry island, little fridge nice, great room!

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank NEBock

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
London
Reviewed 10 September 2012

We stayed at 160 back in June this year via a special deal on the Secret Escapes website. Having never been to Santorini or looked at many pictures (we prefer finding our own way) we were blown away by the amazing view of the caldera.
I must admit I was somewhat disappointed by our room and wished we had paid the little bit extra for room with a jacuzzi. While the rooms were beautiful I had not expected to be next door to reception with guests walking in front of our room frequently. It made it a little difficult to sunbathe. But Natali and Lia were absolutely amazing, and even though the hotel was fully booked we managed to spend the last night of our 4 night stay in one of the jacuzzi rooms. They are both so helpful and go out of their way to make you comfortable.
The breakfasts are amazing - we even cook a version of one back in the UK for ourselves regularly. We highly recommend a visit to Akrotiri (car hire needed) if you like your classical civilisations - one of the best Greek archaeological sites I've seen - although I hope they've got more tourist information now the new centre has opened.
We stayed very early on from the hotel opening and we know they have been improving the facilities even further - looking forward to coming back one day.

Room Tip: If you can afford it the jacuzzi rooms are very much worth it!
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Louise A
Anaheim Hills, California, United States
Reviewed 9 August 2012

First off I want to thank Natali, Lia and Fred. They really went out of their way to make sure we were happy. We would mention that we were going somewhere, and they would prepare it for us, give us best recommendations, setup a car. Fantastic. Hotel is brand new, air conditioning was the best of my trip to Greece. The little outdoor jaccuzi's are perfect after a day on the island. I recommend calling them and arraigning the airport transport, as how things are built on Santorini(everything is built ontop of each other), the hotel sign is easy to miss.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Daniel_S_1234567
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 16 July 2012 via mobile

My husband and I spent a week at 160 Thea for our honeymoon. We had such an amazing time that we are already talking about celebrating our first anniversary there.

The staff, particularly Natali, Lia and Fred, were incredibly warm and welcoming - they went above and beyond, literally from sunrise to sunset, to make our stay special.

Our room was absolutely beautiful, clean, comfortable and cozy, with a view that took our breath away. The hotel is perfectly situated in the heart of Oia.

We cannot speak highly enough of our experience at this hotel and the sincere kindness and hospitality offered by Natali and Lia. Everything was top notch from A-Z.

We look forward to returning in the future and highly recommend it to anyone seeking the PERFECT place to stay while visiting Santorini.

Laura & Matt

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank LauraAndMattTravel
Moscow, Russia
Reviewed 6 July 2012

The best spent money. The hotel is new. Airconditioning worked perfectly.The beds are impeccably clean and comfortable. An amazing view of a deep blue sea is with you when you wake up, and even when you shower in a very cozy, clean and spacious designer's bathroom. Breakfasts are delicious. Service is impeccable. There was even a gym space with a treadmill in our room! Very warm and welcoming atmosphere. One week in Oia and in the hotel specifically just wasn't enough.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Angelina F
New York City, New York
Reviewed 5 June 2012

Summary: This hotel is great. Pay a little more for a more secluded room and you will never in your life think that money was not well spent.

We took a risk as two of its very first guests and had no reviews to go by, so I hope I can help anyone out there searching, as we did, through the seemingly endless choices of hotels, bnb's, apartments and 'villas' in Oia.

Thea 160 is about 100m from the start of the pedestrianized main street of Oia. It commands a jaw-dropping view of the caldera. There are no rooms without this view. The units are well furnished with brand new everything and very nice big beds, robes, beautiful new sun beds. Simple, even sparse aesthetic, but very elegant and certainly comfortable; and just what we craved for an escape from our cluttered city lives.

Thea is a 4 star hotel with better service than I've seen at most 5 star hotels. Every one of Natalie's suggestions was spot on. The restaurants she recommended and reserved for us were fantastic and put us at their best tables, her suggestions on sites to see around Santorini (we rented a jeep (pay a little more for the jeep!!)) were just right for us. She was super friendly and her staff is of the highest caliber. The hotel is a sister property to the Mystique which is a five star hotel next door. We enjoyed their wonderful breakfasts, chosen from a limited, but very satisfying menu (the full Mystique breakfast is €55) on their terrace in the sun or in the shade but always surrounded by this enormous view. Order a Greek Frappe coffee - OMG!

Our room was #35 and it was huge, had its own terrace and outdoor jacuzzi at the edge of the cliff with nobody walking past us. This is rare in Oia because of the way rooms at all hotels are carved into the hill, one generally has to walk past the fronts of units to get anywhere. If this is a concern for you, you must request a more secluded room, and generally pay somewhat more for that. At Thea, there are a few rooms like this, but #35 has to be one of the best oriented rooms of any hotel I saw. Also, the huge bed is at the front of the unit, not at the rear as you'll see in so many of these cave rooms at other hotels. Wake up on your first morning, look out the window, and you'll think twice about ever leaving. We enjoyed sunbathing on those great new lounge chairs, and playing cards and drinking cocktails from Mystique's bar at our little table on the terrace. Jacuzzi at the end of every night was a must, watching the cruise ships far below and the lights of all of Santorini spread out in front of us... I can't believe I have to go in to work today!

Bottom line, I could get a little carried away talking about our visit to Santorini and this wonderful find that is Thea 160. You will enjoy your visit to this fabulous little place!

Ps: Oia has tons and tons of steps. I've seen too many reviews complaining about this. If you are remotely challenged on the walking/standing up straight front, go to a beach!
Pps: Santorini does not have a lot of good beaches. Again, people who complain about this miss the point, and really the magic, of this very special place.

Room Tip: Thea has no pool and no fitness center that I can recall. I recommend room #35'.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank masmitch
Ayrshire
Reviewed 4 June 2012

From even before I arrived the service from Natali and her team was amazing! They e-mailed me before my departure welcoming me to their Hotel and asking if there was anything more they could provide before my arrival to make my stay more personal. I have never had a request like that from any of the many 5 star luxury hotels I have previously stayed at..

I was arriving on a very early flight 06:15 , personal transfers were included in my deal, and Natali arranged for me to stay in one of the group's other hotels, The Vedeema, until my room at Thea 160 was ready. That personal consideration was greatly appreciated, especially as it meant I could shower (or bathe), go to bed and have a few hours sleep after my night-time flight. I really appreciated that, and also thanks to the Vedeema Hotel for providing such lovely temporary accommodation equipped with every need (including Suncream!).

Natali also arranged the transfer from Vedeema to Thea 160. On arrival Dennis took care of my luggage, introduced me to Lia who greeted me with a glass of champagne, while I registered and then she escorted me to my BRAND NEW Executive suite where Natali was waiting to welcome me to Thea 160.

My suite was fabulous, as I hope you will see from the photos, each Executive suite at Thea 160 has it's own personal outside hot tub on the balcony looking out over the gorgeous blue Aegan Sea toward the Caldera - absolute bliss!!! On arrival fresh fruit, and a bottle of Santorini wine were provided free of charge as a welcome gift too. The suites at Thea 160 are built into the hillside like the traditional Greek Cave houses, adapting where possible from the original dwellings, and because of that I have to admit some clients might feel a little claustrophobic, and tall people might struggle with the height of the shower cubicle but there is a built-in marble seat in the shower and 2 shower positions. Lovely toiletries, fluffy towels, bathrobes and slippers all provided. . Tea and coffee facilities are also provided, along with Satellite TV and Blu-Ray DVD player.

During my stay Natali,Lia and all of the staff made me feel really welcome, every member of staff would greet me and ask how I was, but never became annoying or intrusive. Anything I needed, I just called reception on the room phone, and my request was fulfilled almost immediately, nothing was ever too much trouble. Breakfast in my room, was amazing, covered the coffee table with all the dishes. The food is really good, the pancakes at breakfast are super, as is the freshly squeezed orange juice.

I also made use of the Spa facilites, and cannot praise Balu's professionalism, technique, and skills enough. I tend to burn very easily, and he treated me with a cucumber wrap to soothe my skin, heaven! I can thoroughly recommend a visit to the spa during your stay.

Soon there will be other suites completed which will be equally amazing, maybe even better than mine, and a new entrance/exit with less steps to climb (a big bonus, because there are a lot of steps due to the hillside location). I can't wait to return in September to see how Thea 160 has developed and meet Natali and her team once more, knowing they will do their utmost to ensure I have a wonderful stay.

I can honestly say that my stay at the Hotel Thea 160 was the most relaxing, beautiful, and enjoyable holiday I have ever had and can thoroughly recommend other travellers to visit and try it for themselves. Natali is a woman on a mission to ensure that each and every one of her guests has the best experience ever, and as a result make Thea 160 one of the best there is in Santorini.

Room Tip: If you can afford it, book an Executive Suite to have the personal Hot-Tub/Jacuzzi as it is absolute...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled solo