This is truely an amazing hotel. Book in plenty of time to ensure you get the room you want. This was our second hotel in Oia and we had such a great time at the first one we were a little anxious if this place lived up to its great reviews. I can tell you is that it surpassed them. It was faultless. When I first went to book about 4 months in advance the hotel was completely booked up. I really wanted to stay there so about a month before we left I sent an email to see if they had any cancellations, and they did. It was fate!. The only catch was that I had to split our three day stay between two rooms, the sailor house on the pool level and the cooks house. They organised free transport from our other hotel and there were two people waiting to meet us, one to guide us to our rooms and the other to look after our luggage. As Oia is like no where else on earth we were guided down the steps to the small reception, they brought us to our room where our luggage was waiting for us and I was so impressed. The website gives an acurate indication of each room and they come with the most fabulous beds, reception has a great collection of dvds if you would like to stay in and the room service food was delicious, Greek Salad, Taziki and Club Sandwich are highly recommended! The breakfast served on the terrace was a highlight, served at your preferred time with a changing selection of fruit and pastries and then of course what you have ordered. The only thing that I could possibly disappoint (and I am afraid to mention this as it could unneccessarily put people off) is the pool, it was smaller then I anticipated but perfect for cooling off, and most of the time we had it to ourselves, on the rare occassion that we had to share it was a great opportunity for a chat and find out some tips on what else to do locally. As most of the rooms have their own private hot tub (we couldn't get one of these but I definately will next time!) The staff were amazing and would do nearly anything to help you. And most of all it was such a relaxing place, the atmosphere was so laid back, its a really fabulous and expensive hotel although you don't get any sniff of pretention that can commonly exist in similar hotels in that price bracket which generally puts me off! Lastly but certainly not least, the views, percehd perfectly to see the sunset for most if not all of the high season months you can most likely watch the sunset from your terrace. Trully amazing!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ikies Traditional Houses is a special type of hotel. Its small size, exceptional location, traditional design, range of accommodation (honeymoon, maisonettes, and studios) and professional operation result in a rare blend of intimate and personalized service offered against a setting of unique physical beauty. Located at the edge of the picturesque village of Oia in the northern part of Santorini and with commanding views over it, into the caldera and of the surrounding Cycladic Greek islands, our guests at Ikies quickly tune themselves into the complete tranquility of the romantic village. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Bookgreece.com, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, Hotel.de and HotelQuickly so you can book your Ikies - Traditional Houses reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ikies - Traditional Houses Hotel Oia
- Ikies Traditional Hotel
- Ikies Traditional Oia
- Ikies - Traditional Houses Santorini/Oia