So this place is pricey, but if you are going to splurge this is the way to go. We stayed in the artisans house and the room was simple but beautiful. Unlike many high end luxury resorts, which cost you a fortune and then milk you further for every amenity like wifi or minibar, this place provides you with it all. You get a stocked minibar upon arrival, wifi with no issues, and the service staff at your every request with a smile. One night we even wanted to heat up our hot tub as it had become cool and one of the workers came down from her own residence (offsite) at midnight to come turn on the heater, and still did so with a smile. The views are absolutely unbelieveable, we spent almost our entire time here, unlike most other hotels where you basically go to just sleep. The breakfast they serve you is top notch. You fill out a menu card upon checkin as to what you want them to bring and what time you want them to bring it, and you get to eat this amazing breakfast while sitting on the edge of the caldera at the tables on your patio. In addition, the room service menu was phenomenal, both quality and size. We made the mistake of ordering the meze platter, bruschetta and a salad, it was so much food we couldnt come close to finishing it! And all still at a decent price. I have absolutley no complaints about this place and would recommend it to anyone wanting to come on a romantic vacation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ikies Traditional Houses is a special type of hotel. Its small size, exceptional location, traditional design, range of accommodation (honeymoon, maisonettes, and studios) and professional operation result in a rare blend of intimate and personalized service offered against a setting of unique physical beauty. Located at the edge of the picturesque village of Oia in the northern part of Santorini and with commanding views over it, into the caldera and of the surrounding Cycladic Greek islands, our guests at Ikies quickly tune themselves into the complete tranquility of the romantic village. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, Ebookers and HotelQuickly so you can book your Ikies - Traditional Houses reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ikies - Traditional Houses Hotel Oia
- Ikies Traditional Hotel
- Ikies Traditional Oia
- Ikies - Traditional Houses Santorini/Oia