Ikies - Traditional Houses
US$1,151
Caldera Villas(Oia)(Great Value!)
US$491
  • Breakfast included
Oia's Sunset Apartments(Oia)(Great Value!)
US$222
US$1,883
US$1,539
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsikies staffhot tubsteam roomcook's houseour honeymoonevery morningthe room service menuprivate terracesmallest roomchampagne breakfastother hotelscaptain's suitetraditional housewalk into towndinner reservationsbeautiful villageplunge pool
Reviewed 15 July 2012

My wife and I recently spent 2 nights here as part of our Greek Isles holiday and it was incredible. The property sits on the side of the cliff with amazing views and an incredible staff. Each morning they serve you breakfast on your patio overlooking the caldera and the views of Oia town. At night you can sip some wine and watch the incredible sunsets without having to fight the crowds in Oia town. The town of Oia is a short 10 minute walk and has many great restaurants and things to do. I would highly recommend this property as part of your Greek Holiday.

Reviewed 15 July 2012

So this place is pricey, but if you are going to splurge this is the way to go. We stayed in the artisans house and the room was simple but beautiful. Unlike many high end luxury resorts, which cost you a fortune and then milk you further for every amenity like wifi or minibar, this place provides you with it all. You get a stocked minibar upon arrival, wifi with no issues, and the service staff at your every request with a smile. One night we even wanted to heat up our hot tub as it had become cool and one of the workers came down from her own residence (offsite) at midnight to come turn on the heater, and still did so with a smile. The views are absolutely unbelieveable, we spent almost our entire time here, unlike most other hotels where you basically go to just sleep. The breakfast they serve you is top notch. You fill out a menu card upon checkin as to what you want them to bring and what time you want them to bring it, and you get to eat this amazing breakfast while sitting on the edge of the caldera at the tables on your patio. In addition, the room service menu was phenomenal, both quality and size. We made the mistake of ordering the meze platter, bruschetta and a salad, it was so much food we couldnt come close to finishing it! And all still at a decent price. I have absolutley no complaints about this place and would recommend it to anyone wanting to come on a romantic vacation.

3  Thank Orshatt
Reviewed 8 July 2012

We researched accommodation on Santorini with Trip Advisor and to be honest, we tried to get into a few other places before trying Ikies. I am so happy we were unsuccessful elsewhere! The views and quality of accommodation are tops, but what really makes this a great choice for holiday makers is the wonderful atmosphere and service of Ikies. We actually never really ventured out of our villa, even for lunch and dinner. Breakfast was incredible - and served to your private villa. We had a 2 bedroom unit (Collector's House) which was a great way to manage a 5 person family (with teenagers). The villa was perfect for a large family - lots of space and TV/Movies for those not wanting to be out in the sun mid-day. This was one of our best holiday experiences and everyone was sad to leave. Louella and the others in reception were so friendly, helpful and even arranged for us to to use hotel facilities after checkout (as our flight was late in the day). Would go back!

Room Tip: Collector's room with 2 bedrooms is great for a large family!
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank AussieGeorge99
Reviewed 7 July 2012

If you have ever dreamed about how romantic and scenic a terrace overlooking the Agean would be, you will pinch yourself when you stay at Ikies. We were here for 4 nights and really enjoyed every second of it. Every morning we woke up to freshly squeezed orange juice, Greek yogurt, and more on our terrace. Every night we zoned out on the terrace watching an amazing sunset with a glass of Sigalas wine and fresh fruit. Louella and the other people who work at Ikies are professionals. They know how to treat you like royalty. Believe me. You will love every minute at Ikies and will want to come back again and again.

Room Tip: There is not a bad room in the hotel.
6  Thank rwaites
Reviewed 29 June 2012

I booked this hotel because it was number 1 in Oia on tripadvisor. Everything about this property is a reason for them to be number 1. The service is one of the best I have ever received on my travels. Big thumbs up to Katerina, Maria and Louella from the reception. They are all extremely intelligent and delightful, and they really make your stay personable. I normally like to stay private on my vacations but often I found myself in the reception area talking to them! You girls certainly get a 12 out of 10 from me! (And hope you guys have gone to Candonies by now)

The location is wonderful. It's about 5 mins walk from the town center of Oia. I really liked this as it was away from the hustle and bustle and noises from the restaurants etc, very peaceful at night time. The rooms are clean and tastefully decorated and some rooms have the jaccuzi outside which is a very nice touch!

If you are looking for a hotel in Santorini, I can tell you without a doubt that this property will not disappoint, and after your trip you will be writing a great review about this property like I am now!

PS: If you haven't been to santorini before then I certainly recommend going on a catamaran cruise. If you like privacy go for the private charter! My wife who gets seasick told me the cruise was one of the highlights of her holiday in fact!

• Stayed: June 2012