“Rockstar”

Ikies - Traditional Houses
Ranked #5 of 58 Hotels in Oia
Reviewed 6 September 2013

We witnessed one of the prettiest sunsets in the world from our pool on our first night. We woke to an amazing breakfast on our balcony over looking the gorgeous views of Oia.
Staff went above and beyond our expectations & catered to our every need, from booking us dinner and giving us tips on where to go and places to see. They even brought me a glass of milk and a home remedy for a dry cough I had without any request. We had the most amazing time & you definitely get what you pay for.

Room Tip: Fishermans room is nice, don't be scared off by the entrance.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Jess J
IKIES, Manager at Ikies - Traditional Houses, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2013

Dear Jess J,
Thank you so much for your sweet review!

Reviewed 3 September 2013

I loved my stay at the Ikies traditional houses. My friend and I arrived early in the morning and the y let us check in early. The receptionists and workers are patient with all our requests and questions and we really appreciate all their help. The hotel is located at the beginning of Oia so it has a prime view of the entire village to its left. We stayed at the Gardener's House, which is the smallest of all suites. Even though we didnt have a private terrace, we had our own little balcony right at the end of the cliffs with an unobstructed view of the caldera.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Miss-lai,
Thank you for your kind review!
It was always a pleasure discussing your questions and trying to accommodate your requests.

Reviewed 31 August 2013

Thank you for your warm and generous hospitality. We loved staying at Ikies and we are already planning a trip back. I've been in hospitality for 15 years and tend to be very selective, the property is immaculate and private with a terrific breakfast. It's an easy walk to the beautiful village of Oia, really just perfect!

Dear bmarie62,
You are too kind!
We hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 26 August 2013

We enjoyed our stay at the Ikies from the moment we arrived. We booked a last minute visit in peak season and got the last room available, the Antiquarian Room. It was very large with two bedrooms / two bathrooms on two levels...more than we need as we were only a couple. It had a superb terrace with breathtaking views across the caldera and Oia which made for a spectacular private viewpoint for the famous Santorini sunsets. The Ikies team was friendly and superbly helpful during our entire 6 day visit. A special thanks to Katarina, Maria, Luella, and Stavos for their hospitality. We truly felt like a guest at a friend's home. Well done to the Ikies team for living up to our lofty expectations!

Room Tip: The Antiquarian room has a huge terrace with a private jacuzzi. From what we could see the Winemake...
1  Thank irachi

Dear irachi,
Thank you for your support and warm comments. It was a real pleasure having you stay with us!

Reviewed 26 August 2013

We just stayed two nights at the Gardener's room mid August with my partner. It was one of the best hotel experiences in our lives. We were warmly wecomed by the staff upon our arrival. The sun was slowly setting when we arrived so it gave a very magical look to the place and the surroundings. It was definitely a "wow" moment! Even though we booked the smallest room (Gardener's) we cannot fault this place. We loved that the little table at the edge near the pool was for us to use and having breakfast there looking at the incredible view was a great moment (and breakfast was yummy and plentiful). Oia town is just walking distance and there you have plenty of cafes, shops and restaurants to enjoy. Staff is very very nice and helpful. They even made us forget about the power cut on the island! My partner and I cannot wait to be able to go back there. Oh, for those who are looking for a place to spend their honeymoon, this is it ;).

Dear Katia M,
Thank you for your entusiasm despite the lack of electricity on the island!
We hope to able to offer you another “wow” when you return.

Reviewed 25 August 2013

The Ikies is perfect place to stay in Santorini.breakfast were great and staff is very very very friendly. Also the view is wonderful.We loved our stay here.
The location is good.
I recommend this resort.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank MOONnLEE
IKIES, Manager at Ikies - Traditional Houses, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2013

Dear MOONnLEE,
Thank you for your review!

Reviewed 25 August 2013

This review is long overdue: we spent 3 nights in early June at The Collector's House which has two separate bedrooms with king sized beds and a living room. This unit is located at the very top of Ikies property so no one can look down on this patio. If we stood on the edge of our patio, we could down into a patio of unit below us but we made sure to give the other guests their privacy. Since this was my first trip to Greece, I spent hours researching hotels in Santorini and now I'm convinced I made the right choice. Here is my summary of Ikies:

1) Great location: It takes less than 10 minutes walk into the centre of Oia town. On my first night walk into town, I felt a bit smug as I passed by all the hotels that I researched but chose not to stay at. As you can closer to town and within the town itself, pedestrians can look into most of balconies of these hotels. I think the town itself becomes very quite after dark without the cruise ship visitors but still I appreciated the extra privacy offered by Ikies' location. Plus, the location offered a direct view of the picturesque cliff of Oia.

2) Fantastic staff: all the staff at Ikies greet you with genuine smile and eagerness to help every day, all day. I asked for their help with car rental, restaurant bookings and tour ideas and they handled them professionally and promptly. I really appreciated their hard work.

3) Good food: breakfast was more than sufficient. Ikies breakfast was ample and tasted good. Their local yogult with honey and local tomatoes became our daughters favourite. It may seem silly to highlight yogult and tomatoe but just wait till you try them. As they make it clear up front, heir room service menu is limited (essentially mixed plates of cheese or dips) but we found them to be very good. As my daughters did not want to go out, my wife and I ate out and there are number of cafes and bakery near the entrance of town to do take aways.

4) Sunset views: I guess some Santorini PR person is laughing his head off now that the island is noted as having "the best sunset in the world." Silly claim but since some people make a huge deal out of this I will address it. My humble opinion is that Santorini sunset is similar to any decent sunset that you probably saw from some remote place or a nice beach somewhere (Koh Samui, Caribbean, Bali etc). And within Santorini, I strongly urge you not to waste any effort or time trying to see the sunset from the very tip of the Island. We made advance booking for a table at Kastro Restaurant but we had more fun watching hundred of tourists jostling for position to see something we see almost every day simply because some guide book says so. Ikies has a pretty good view of sun setting over the Oia town so it is more relaxing to sit on the patio with a glass of local white wine.

5) Can not think of anything negative. Initially I was looking for a hotel with a pool but Ikies offers private jacuzzi and the pools offered by other hotels are all very tiny anyways.

We found 3 night perfect for us after few days of touring in Athens. I could picture honeymooners and some love birds spending a week or so in this island but for a family visiting Greece for the first time, 3 nights felt just right to experience a unique Greek island stay. For us, Oia was just the right size and Ikies was the best choice.

Room Tip: The hotel website does a pretty good job explaining various room options.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Hank072010

Dear Hank072010,
Thank you for the detailed and kind review!
We are glad IKIES was the best choice for your family and that you enjoyed the Collector’s House so much. It has one of the most private terraces at IKIES and as you say, it offers a beautiful view of the caldera and the village of Oia.