Ikies - Traditional Houses
  • Pool
  • Pool
  • Room Service
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsikies staffhot tubsteam roomcook's houseour honeymoonevery morningthe room service menuprivate terracesmallest roomchampagne breakfastother hotelscaptain's suitetraditional housewalk into towndinner reservationsbeautiful villageplunge pool
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 September 2008

We stayed at Ikies for the first three nights of our honeymoon and everything about the place was absolutely superb. I cannot say enough about the place that hasn't already been said but one thing that I will say is that if you don't go, you will regret it!!!!

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 September 2008

My best friends and I just returned from a lovely stay at Ikies.
We really didn't know what to expect as we were four single
girls traveling together in a town known for romance and honeymooners. However, the staff at Ikies made us feel instantly welcomed and at home. It was so nice to have Katerina and Alex standing outside to greet us when our cab arrived to personally welcome us and escort us to our room.
When we got to our room we were in complete awe of it and our surroundings. Words simply cannot describe the beauty.
We stayed in the Cook's House which was perfect for four people. We had a queen bed upstairs in the loft and two single sofa beds in the living room. We were pleasantly surprised to find that the staff had stocked our mini-fridge with beer, wine, soft drinks, and water which was complimentary for the first round.
The room was immaculately clean and the decor was lovely.
As for modern conveniences the flat screen television on the wall and our CD player/radio was put to good use. There were a wide variety of breakfast items from which to choose and the portions were extremely generous and the food delicious!
We also had lunch and dinner there and I highly recommend the chilled cucumber soup! Loella, Katerina, and Eleni helped us in everything from arranging a car rental and boat excursion to having a pair of shoes I left behind at a previous hotel delivered to the Sofitel Airport Hotel where we were staying our last night.
I will never forget our stay at Ikies and hope to return again some day in the near future!

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled with friends
3  Thank anitashea
Reviewed 8 September 2008

My husband and I stayed at Ikies for 3 nights in early September. From the moment the room was booked, the hotel staff were in contact with me finalizing all of the details and making sure we were taken care of. Once we arrived at the hotel, the staff was extremely helpful, thorough, and made sure we were comfortable. They really went out of their way to make sure you were happy and had everything you needed.

The views were breathtaking, the rooms were well-equipped and clean, and the food was delicious. It is conveniently located within walking distance of "downtown Oia" but far enough away to feel secluded from the tourist noise.

I would definitely recommend this hotel as a great value and for its excellent customer service.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ElaWils
Reviewed 25 August 2008

This hotel was great! I would absolutely recommend it to my friends and family. I am a picky hotel person - close to being a hotel snob and I thought this was great.

I am the type of person that thinks vacations are to be "lived up" and that the hotel makes all the difference. This hotel was wonderful. Things I liked:

Breakfast each morning (get the breads, yogurt, & meat and cheese)
Comfy bed - the best we had in Greece
Great A/C
Excellent, friendly staff
Beautiful views and great balconies
Clean grounds and room
nice flat screen TV

This hotel is a little bit out of town which I was grateful for. You can easily walk into the town of Oia (about 10 minutes). After walking through the town I am really glad we stayed here. I would not have liked to stay in the town as it is louder, busier, and more congested with people there. Staying at Ikies gave me the secluded island feeling I wanted. But, if I wanted the crowds that was only 10 minutes away.

The hotel will make dinner reservations for you if you ask. There is a great restaurant right by the hotel - called anemomilos (nothing fancy - good food and a great place to watch the sunset).

We rented a car and easily found the parking lot to the hotel- but it was a little difficult to find the hotel the first time we arrived. Just call them from your cell when you get in the parking lot and they will send someone to get your bags and take you there.

When you park the hotel is on a path to the right of the desalination plant (if you are looking at the plant as you drive into the parking lot). I really appreciated having the big parking lot. Other hotels we stayed at on other islands did not have this and so we really appreciated the place to park - definitely an added benefit as parking is so scarce in Greece.

I really recommend this hotel. It was great. The staff was so nice, it was clean, comfortable, and beatiful.

The hotel will make dinner reservations for you if you ask. There is a great restaraunt right by the hotel - called anemomilos (nothing fancy - good food and a great place to watch the sunset).

When you park the hotel is on a path to the right of the desalination plant (if you are looking at the plant as you drive into the parking lot). I really appreciated having the big parking lot. Other hotels we stayed at on other islands did not have this and so we really appreciated the place to park - definately an added benefit as parking is so scarse in Greece.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with friends
2  Thank SATrip
Reviewed 25 August 2008

There is not much that I can say about Ikies that hasn't aleady been said. Ikies is truly a memorable experience; the location, the friendly staff who go out of their way to ensure you enjoy your stay, the breakfasts on the terrace, a really enjoyable and memorable experience. My wife and I stayed three nights in the Gardener's cottage. Yes, it is small, but not much smaller than the average hotel room.... but the overall experience is so much better......and the breakast terrace for the Gardeners cottage is the definitely the best. If you are looking for somewhere special to stay in Santorini, than Ikies is definitely the place to stay.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled as a couple