“Tranquility” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ikies - Traditional Houses
Ranked #4 of 55 Hotels in Oia
“Tranquility”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

From the moment we walked into the reception we immediately felt welcome and relaxed. Not only are then views amazing but staff friendly and genuinely interested in you as a person. The rooms were unique, slightly worn for the price but comfortable none the less! Pros: Views, amazing food (breakfast was a feast) friendly genuine staff, location Cons: Pricey for level of finish, crampt room area

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jason O

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
Bloomington, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

I'm not sure where to start in writing this review... Some of the words that come to mind are.... Awesome, incredible, amazing and top notch!

First let's start with the area... You can walk to almost anything you need late into the evenings. There are restaurants and stores everywhere! The view from your room cannot get any better!!!!!!

The rooms make you feel like you are in your own vacation home!!!! They are spacious, we'll kept, each with a little kitchen area and spacious bathroom and living room. We were in room 6 where you can walk out to your own very private oversized tiled hot tub! Literally one step from inside your bedroom door to the hot tub..... And when I say private I mean private!!!! You also have your own spacious private balcony!!!

The view.... All I can here is look at the pics I've posted all taken from the private balcony of our room!!!

The staff and service!!!!!! WOW!!!! They always seem to read your mind! Maria, Loila, Inesse, Stofon (sp) and all the rest of the staff... to the guys who deliver your breakfast everyday to the ladies cleaning the rooms! They bring new meaning to "at your service"!!!! These guys are 100% top notch! Kind, considerate, efficient, polite and they go out of their way to please. You can have any and every meal delivered to your room. Within minutes.... Thus includes drinks!! We had the breakfast option ( you definitely want this)... Where you order the night prior. They'll deliver your food to your patio and set it up.... White tablecloth and all!!!

The food was to die for and extremely reasonable in price!

An example of their service? It was my boyfriends birthday and I mentioned this to Maria. I asked to have a bottle of wine sent to the room. They were happy to do so AND sent it complimentarily. Unbelievable!!!

I will definitely be back!!!!! Wonderful experience

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jmelissaprentice
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

Just finished a 4 night trip to Santorini (after Corfu and Mykonos) and it by far exceeded expectations. I stayed in the Boatman's Room and absolutely loved it. Sitting outside in private balcony was bliss. But while the place was wonderful the staff at Ikies made it so much better. All so friendly, but special thanks to the girls in Reception. Special note to Maria and her drawn maps for directions! Will be back and cannot recommend the place enough.

Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014

My wife and I booked the House of the Carpenter at Ikies for four nights during our ten day stay in Greece. The hotel is in Oia, the more romantic part of Santorini. We couldn't have been happier with our stay. The room was beautiful, the outdoor patio had amazing views of the caldera and the sunsets, the breakfast each morning was delicious, and the customer service at Ikies was the best we had on our entire trip. My wife would walk out our door every morning and immediately start snapping pictures. I would joke that she had the same picture from the day before and she would laugh and say that she can't help herself, its just that amazing!

The hotel is about a 10 minute walk away from Oia. We like to walk and this was fine for us. Plus being a bit outside of Oia provided more peace and quiet, ideal for a honeymoon. The rooms aren't cheap, but it is worth it.

Room Tip: House of Carpenter is at the far end of the property so has a bit of additional privacy. Mattress w...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

My wife and I recently returned from our honeymoon in Santorini, and we both agree that it would not have been the same if we had stayed at Ikies. The staff was unbelievably helpful when I reached out to them beforehand to insure I was able to get exactly what I was hoping for in my stay.
We stayed in the Captain's House which in my opinion is the best room to stay in especially if you want your own private jacuzzi. There are 1 or 2 more rooms that are technically supposed to be better, but I wouldnt have traded rooms for anything. The jacuzzi is not on the ledge like some of the others but is sheltered by walls on 2 sides which blocks all of the wind that the Cyclades are known for especially at night. This was the one room that had a jacuzzi that you could not look down into from above which made it much more romantic and private. The views from the jacuzzi/veranda cannot be beaten. You get the view of the caldera plus you can see the entire town of Oia. This goes into the overall location of the hotel. Some of the other hotels you may find are actually located right on the main path of Oia which is great location and all but you are not really in as much of a private setting. Ikies is just off the beaten path but not more than a 5 minute walk to the main part of town. The location is absolutely perfect so you do not have to hear the tourists and other people walking around the shops and restaurants just above you and you can still stumble back to your room late at night with ease. My wife and I walked everywhere during our stay and did not once think it was too far of a walk. It doesnt take more than 20 minutes to get down to Ammoudi Bay on the oppsite end of Oia for a great lunch by the water (just be sure to walk down and take a donkey back up because the stars up are really tough.)
One of the best parts of the stay I forgot to mention was the breakfast that was served every morning. When you first arrive they will have you select a time you want breakfast and you can pick any and everything you want. Without fail they will show up within that 30 minute window you choose, and you can either eat on your porch if it isnt too windy or eat inside. This was the perfect way to start off every day while we were there. I can go on and on about the service and sheer perfection of our stay, but all I really need to say is that you are missing out if you dont stay at Ikies while you were in Santorini. They will arrange shuttles for you if you want to go anywhere and will recommend fantastic places to eat and things to do while you are there. Huge thanks to Ikies for making our honeymoon everything we hoped it would be and more!

Room Tip: Captains House!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Lucas T
Beirut, Lebanon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

Friendliest staff, and very welcoming .
Hotel location is perfect, walking distance to the town.
Rooms are very cozy ,clean and comfortable.
You have an amazing view as well.
everything you need to relax!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2014

I have always wanted to stay at Ikies, so my husband and I decided to book a trip to Santorini for our anniversary this past June. This hotel, and the people who work here are AMAZING! We stayed in the Captain's House..which was perfect. We had a private outdoor jacuzzi with doors that opened into the bedroom. The breakfast served to you on your balcony is such a treat... so nice to linger over breakfast gazing at that incredible view! A great way to start the day.
I can't say enough good things about how great the staff is, especially Maria & Loella. They were very helpful, friendly and knowledgable. We received some great recommendations for places to visit that were a little off the beaten track. When we arrived, my husband needed medical attention for an unexpected minor injury, and Maria did everything possible to make sure he was OK. It really meant a lot to us. Thank you Maria! You are the best!
The room was very comfortable, and still had a traditional vibe to it... just what we wanted.
I give this hotel 5 stars for location, hospitality, comfort, food, and ambiance. If we ever return to Santorini, we would definitely stay at Ikies again!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple