My wife and I stayed at the Collector's House for 1 night in mid June and it was one of the most unbelievable experiences of our lives. The Collector's House is the largest and most expensive suite of IKIES, positioned 1 floor aboved the main reception and hence, it enjoys by far the best view of the town of Oia and the caldera. Importantly, not many hotels in Oia can boast sunset views but the view from IKIES is far better than any other on this beautiful island.
The Collectors House had everything- 2 large and separate kingsized bedrooms, each with its own luxurious ensuites, a massive sitting room with huge plasma tv and free wireless broadband internet on the inroom hotel laptop, and most impressive of all was the indoor jacuzzi which extended to become the outdoor balcony pool, overlooking the gorgeous town of Oia & the sunsets. You even have a separate indoor sauna. As you can appreciate, we spent the entire day at the Collectors House and did not bother venturing anywhere else as this is simply the best that the Oia has to offer!
A special note of thanks to the amazing service of Katerina, Loella, George, Lazerus (chef) and Savros! The service that we received from them made our stay even more special and nothing was too much work or effort for them.
Finally, location wise, IKIES is situated furthest from the centre of Oia of all the hotels but it is still only a mere 15 minutes of stroll. In most people's opinions including mine, this location happens to be the best given that it affords guests the best view of Oia. Food is fantastic at IKIES and Lazerus is the friendliest chef that you will ever come across.
All in all, we can't wait to return to IKIES and the Collectors House. Having travelled quite extensively around the world, Oia is one of the most special and romantic places & a stay at IKIES simply made this trip one that we will remember for the rest of our lives!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ikies Traditional Houses is a special type of hotel. Its small size, exceptional location, traditional design, range of accommodation (honeymoon, maisonettes, and studios) and professional operation result in a rare blend of intimate and personalized service offered against a setting of unique physical beauty. Located at the edge of the picturesque village of Oia in the northern part of Santorini and with commanding views over it, into the caldera and of the surrounding Cycladic Greek islands, our guests at Ikies quickly tune themselves into the complete tranquility of the romantic village. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Ikies - Traditional Houses reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ikies - Traditional Houses Hotel Oia
- Ikies Traditional Hotel
- Ikies Traditional Oia
- Ikies - Traditional Houses Santorini/Oia