We have just returned from an amazing trip to Oia, Santorina at IKIES. Oia is beautiful and quaint with wonderful restaurants. But the highlight was our stay at Ikies. First everyone connected wih Ikies is just so incredible and dedicated to making your stay top-notch. We communicated both before our trip and while we were there with Louella, George and Katarina. They were prompt, courteous and very helpful with ideas, recommendations and suggestions. Lazarus who made and brought our breakfast many of the mornings was likewise wonderful. Speaking of the breakfasts---they were wonderful-the food was incredibly fresh, and so delicious. Pair that with the outstanding view and the warm sun ---a wonderful start to each day.
What is unique of Ikies also is its location. It is located aapprox. a 10 min walk from Oia--an easy walk. It is situated above and around the caldera from Oia---so unlike other hotels in Oia you can look down on the village and see the sun set each nite. Other hotels are located in Oia and are lower on the mountain so they face only the caldera ---thus you can not see the sun set or have aperspective of the town. We would have our included cocktail and watch the sun set fro our balcony and then go to Oia for dinner later each evening. Our room was high enough up that we easily saw the sunset---some of the lower units may not have been able to see as much of the sunset.
We enjoyed the private balcony with our own hot tub so much that we never wanted to go away from our room---so we did not see much else other than Ikies and Oia for dinner.
Amazing dinners, beautiful sunsets incredible views and a wonderful staff---
Thank-you Ikies for a spectaular holiday!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ikies Traditional Houses is a special type of hotel. Its small size, exceptional location, traditional design, range of accommodation (honeymoon, maisonettes, and studios) and professional operation result in a rare blend of intimate and personalized service offered against a setting of unique physical beauty. Located at the edge of the picturesque village of Oia in the northern part of Santorini and with commanding views over it, into the caldera and of the surrounding Cycladic Greek islands, our guests at Ikies quickly tune themselves into the complete tranquility of the romantic village. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Bookgreece.com, Odigeo, Ebookers, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Ikies - Traditional Houses reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ikies - Traditional Houses Hotel Oia
- Ikies Traditional Hotel
- Ikies Traditional Oia
- Ikies - Traditional Houses Santorini/Oia