We spent a week in the Captain's House for our Honeymoon and it lived up to its billing in superior view, romance, and service in every way. It is a relatively private large veranda with a wonderful hot tub tucked in to the balcony just outside the bedroom. I could really go on forever about the romantic feeling the hotel gives off. Their staff makes you feel truly special, even though many honeymooners come through frequently. We never wanted to leave our home-y room and gorgeous view, especially since the food provided by the hotel is outstanding.
I truly hope that this hotel pays its staff enough money because once you get past the view it is the incredible staff, including the chef, that makes this hotel worth staying in. They are friendly, thoughtful, and do everything to make you feel like you are their most important priority.
I have to admit though, this place really is ALL view and staff. If you were to take those two incredible factors away (and again they are both incredible and I almost gave the hotel an excellent rating strictly based on that) you would be left with a nice room, not luxurious in any way, a small bathroom, and an uncomfortable futon bed.
I hate to stray from the predominantly excellent ratings that this hotel gets but I do think its worth preparing others that this is not "Luxury" but rather closer to "no-frills." The price we paid is extreme, and for that money I must be critical. I still recommend Ikies for an amazing honeymoon and would go back in an instant!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ikies Traditional Houses is a special type of hotel. Its small size, exceptional location, traditional design, range of accommodation (honeymoon, maisonettes, and studios) and professional operation result in a rare blend of intimate and personalized service offered against a setting of unique physical beauty. Located at the edge of the picturesque village of Oia in the northern part of Santorini and with commanding views over it, into the caldera and of the surrounding Cycladic Greek islands, our guests at Ikies quickly tune themselves into the complete tranquility of the romantic village. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Bookgreece.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Ikies - Traditional Houses reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ikies - Traditional Houses Hotel Oia
- Ikies Traditional Hotel
- Ikies Traditional Oia
- Ikies - Traditional Houses Santorini/Oia