“Wonderful destination with Amazing Staff”

Ikies - Traditional Houses
Ranked #5 of 58 Hotels in Oia
Reviewed 7 June 2010

We spent 3 nights in Ikies, staying in the Cook's house, and we would highly recommend it to anyone wishing to visit Santorini.

The traditional houses are beautiful with a magnificent setting over the caldera. However, the holiday experience was greatly enhanced by all the staff, Katerina, Loella, Maria and others I do not have the names for.

Their friendly welcome and assistance throughout was outstanding and added so much to the enjoyment of our holiday. We felt so relaxed from the very start of our stay, and I have no doubt this was greatly helped by their kindly attitude.

A wonderful experience, highly recommended.

Reviewed 6 June 2010

We stayed at Ikies recently and had an absolutely wonderful experience. The staff were wonderful and the hotel in general was beautiful. Of course it helps when the hotel is situated in such a beautiful place, but so many things about the hotel made our experience in Santorini much better. The hotel is about a 10 minute walk from the centre of Oia which is nice as it is very quiet, and the path to town is nice and provides some wonderful photo opportunities.

The staff are willing to help you with anything, and just have a chat if you are interested in learning some more about the town and the island in general, but they are also not overbearing which can also ruin an experience too.

The breakfasts they serve are absolutely amazing, you can order almost anything you would ever need and it is served on your terrace which is wonderful. You can also order food during the day which is also very good, and a nice option if you choose to take a day and stay at the hotel.

They also provide free wifi and computers, and I never had a problem accessing anything or watching video with the connection. They will also provide a laptop to those who don't travel with one which is fabulous.

Yes, the hotel is expensive, but the rooms are nicely appointed and very comfortable. We also had a kitchen in our suite which allowed us to make ourselves things whenever we chose to. It is a nice quiet hotel where you can sit, relax, and enjoy the beauty of Santorini. I would not hesitate to stay at Ikies again, it was absolutely the highlight of our trip.

• Stayed: May 2010
Reviewed 31 May 2010

THis is the first time I am writing a review for a hotel. We absolutely loved it!!!

We stayed in the Gardeners Room - room was so lovely and bathroom was v modern (a huge plus in Oia). View was breathtaking!!! Besides the view and modern facilities, the service was a standout - the staff went out of their way to help us out. Only downside is that it is a bit far from Oia town centre (maybe 20min walk), but who cares - its the price you pay for complete tranquility. It's close enough to the buzz but far enough so you have the serenity!

An amazing breakfast in our balcony looking out to the volcano was the highlight! Highly recommend this hotel!!! WIll stay here next time I vist Santorini!

1  Thank sydneyst
Reviewed 28 May 2010

Overall, very pleased with Ikies. Superbly located and with fantastically helpful staff, our stay was unforgettable. Thank you for that. Room prices are high, but can of course be justified when the hotel is fully booked .

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 May 2010

I recently spent 4 days in Santorini at Ikies with my parents who are in their 60's, and I cannot say enough about the wonderful staff and our time at Ikies. I have used trip advisor many times to plan vacations, but I have never actually made a review. I decided I had to repay the kindness and wonderful treatment of the Ikies staff by writing a review. As soon as we arrived my father needed to use their printer and fax for a large document for his business, the ladies in the reception, happily assisted us. Then offered my father the use of a laptop in our room, which he was supposed to return the next day, but kept our entire stay. No ne asked for it back, which was really nice, since he is a computer addict. The staff also took care of all of our many reservations and plans, from taxies to restaurants, to sailboat trips, as well as recommending us our favorite meal in Santorini at Dimitris, as well as our favorite day, which was our sailing trip with Captain Ted. Anything we needed, and trust me we needed alot, they took care of and were nothing but sweet. Two of the staff even came to our room to say goodbye, as they wouldn't be there when we were leaving for the airport. This was truly touching. Besides the wonderful service, Ikies is lovely, with I believe the best views of any hotel in Oia, perhaps all of Santorini. I would highly, highly recommend this hotel to anyone, and I hope to go back again, soon, this time with my boyfriend!

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 May 2010

My husband and I spent 3 nights at Ikies and it was amazing! We had heard Oia was beautiful and the website did not disappoint!
We stayed in The Captains House which was pricey but not as expensive as some of the other houses. We spent the majority of our time sitting on our balcony looking out at Oia and the sea. We, honestly, felt as if we were in a movie.
The Captain's House has an outside jacuzzi that you can also access directly from the bedroom which is a nice touch.
The staff was very courteous and helpful (for example, they went into town to pick up our ferry tickets).
Ikies is about a 10 minute walk to the heart of Oia (which we preferred).
There is really nothing negative to say about this place. It is pricey but if you feel like splurging, it is a once in a lifetime experience!

Reviewed 8 May 2010

My husband and I went to Greece (Athens and Santorini) for our honeymoon. We were really looking forward to our stay at Ikies, and it did not disappoint. From the moment we made the booking, Ikies staff was very helpful and communicative. Our trip was almost cancelled due to the Icelandic volcano (our flight was cancelled and we had to rebook for a flight that left 3 days later), and Ikies staff tried to be as accommodating and flexible as possible, giving us extra days to decide if we needed to cancel the reservation. We made it in the end, and it was a great stay! Ikies' location on the edge of Oia is perfect--it afforded a gorgeous view of Oia and the sunset over the village (much better than if we had stayed in the heart of Oia itself). We stayed at the House of the Captain, and it was perfect for us. It was not as large as some of the other suites, but it had a private terrace, a hot tub that was tucked away, and a beautiful view. It made it feel like it was "our" house for the few days we were there. The suite itself was very comfortable--clean, low-key, but it had everything we needed (wifi, flat screen TV, DVD player--we even checked out movies from Reception to watch on a quiet evening!). The bed was very comfy. The terrace was lovely for lounging and had a gorgeous view. Breakfast was enjoyable (as many others have noted) and we looked forward to it every morning. Ikies staff was warm, friendly, and helpful. This trip was a splurge for us, and Ikies was pricey, but very much worth it for a honeymoon. Most places don't live up to what they look like online, but Ikies absolutely did--the grounds were beautiful and the views stunning. Staying at Ikies, combined with the beauty of Oia, made it feel like we were living in a postcard!

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple