Stayed here for surprise Birthday Trip in April. As so many of prev reviews mention, Oia is beautiful and the view from our room (The Captain's Suite) of the Caldera was pretty darned lovely. The suite was quite nicely furnished in a simple style. Champagne in the hot tub on arrival v cool too (although at extra cost). So, it seems a little churlish to be saying this, but I was surprised at just how effusive and glowing the past reviews are, and wonder if the massively high expecations were what made my partner (arranging the surprise) feel the tiniest bit disappointed overall. Its certainly not cheap, and we had a little trouble with the hot water; the service was very nice, but a bit ... fake. Of concern was the slight lack of privacy - the balconies do overlook each other quite significantly, and breakfast (dare I say mediocre, but served rather grandly on the balcony) every morning was a bit of an uncomfortable affair - stumbling out a bedraggled mess isn't the done thing with the Buck Fizz sipping neighbours (below and above) in matching bathrobes and shades, eyeing you with open interest. Still, the bubble of pretention does burst a little when one of Santorini's many scrawny stray cats pops in for a bawl at you to share your breakfast ham. I guess epitomised by the relentless hosing down of the rustic white exteriors in order to keep them looking pristine, my main issue with Ikies was that it seemed to struggle trying to be authentic, but pompous enough to justify the super high price.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ikies Traditional Houses is a special type of hotel. Its small size, exceptional location, traditional design, range of accommodation (honeymoon, maisonettes, and studios) and professional operation result in a rare blend of intimate and personalized service offered against a setting of unique physical beauty. Located at the edge of the picturesque village of Oia in the northern part of Santorini and with commanding views over it, into the caldera and of the surrounding Cycladic Greek islands, our guests at Ikies quickly tune themselves into the complete tranquility of the romantic village. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Bookgreece.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Ikies - Traditional Houses reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ikies - Traditional Houses Hotel Oia
- Ikies Traditional Hotel
- Ikies Traditional Oia
- Ikies - Traditional Houses Santorini/Oia