“Wonderful place to stay”
Review of Fanari Villas

Fanari Villas
Ranked #23 of 56 Hotels in Oia
Reviewed 26 June 2014

We stayed at Fanari Vills last week in the sunset honeymoon suite. the location is superb with a great view of the sunset, the room was lovely and spacious and the staff were very helpful.
The villas are at the quieter end of the village but is only a short walk into the centre and the many shops and restaurants.
We would definitely recommend the hotel and will be returning soon.

Room Tip: Go for the rooms at the top of the resort
Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank alexf81171
There are newer reviews for Fanari Villas

Reviewed 25 June 2014

My fiance and I had an absolutely amazing experience at the hotel. From the minute we walked in, we were greeted with nothing short of friendly and happy people. Alexandra and her team (Nicholas and Maya) were extremely helpful in helping plan my engagement, and were there to answer any and all questions throughout the trip. The complimentary breakfast was absolutely delicious and the service was again wonderful. Combine this wonderful experience with the beauty of the hotel and the surrounding views and it makes for one of the best trips that I have ever been on. If you want to stay in a hotel with a perfect view of the sunset, the best choice in Oia is by far Fanari Villas. As you watch the sunset from your balcony with unobstructed views, turn around once to look at all the tourists clamoring over the walls to maybe get a quick snapshot and enjoy your glass of wine happy and comfortable!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Joseph A
Reviewed 24 June 2014

We stayed here for 3 nights after a sailing holiday. The staff are very friendly and helpful and the rooms are really lovely, as long as you are in a superior suite as this is higher up. We had a lovely room, with our own hot tub and view of the sunset.The wifi had troubles and the light in our hot tub was broken which they failed to fix. so no evening dips for us. The hairdryer was useless, bring your own!

I booked in for a massage, which is behind the pool. Not a great place for treatments. They said it would be quiet, but a maintenance guy came down making a load of noise and ruined my massage. In fairness to Fanari, they refunded the cost, but if you want a massage in a quiet, remote spa, I wouldnt get it here.

The breakfast was really disappointing. The OJ was not fresh, the milk tasted like UHT milk, the fruit was fruit cocktail from a tin and there were very few hot options. The fruit was limited and the meat and cheeses processed. Greek yogurt was nice. They need to improve this. We paid a lot per night and felt that we did not get value for money.

The location however is perfect and the rooms are superb!

Room Tip: Request a room high up, as others have to pass and you wont have privacy on your balcony.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Emily B
Reviewed 22 June 2014

As we left Fanari Villas, we told Nikolas (the hotel manager) that their hotel raised the bar for the rest of our trip in Greece. I can honestly say that no other hotel we stayed in throughout our Greece travels could even slightly compare to the genuine hospitality provided by Fanari. The entire hotel staff is great and very friendly. Additionally, the hotel managers take the time to understand their guests and their interests. From there, they can help plan your day and the logistics within minutes. I remember Nikolas saying upon arrival "whatever you want to do, just say it and we will make it happen". He was not kidding! They provided great recommendations for dinner, activities, and beach hopping. And they also were able to secure a last minute car rental with ease. The hotel itself is so beautiful and we really felt it was like a home away from home. It is a few minutes walking distance from the main square, yet also in a very quiet location. Our room was very spacious and got a lot of sunlight. We had a private outdoor jacuzzi and a large semi-private balcony (shared with only one other couple) with your own sun beds and outdoor dining table. We actually ordered room service twice and watched the sunset in private from our balcony. This is also a perk since you can avoid the crowds of people waiting for the sunset each night. Dinner is also really delicious and highly recommended! And the buffet breakfast is also very nice.
As we made our way from island to island, we would reminisce about how great Fanari was and that we wished we were still there!

Room Tip: Highly recommend to book a room with a private outdoor jacuzzi.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Aaron B
Reviewed 26 May 2014

We stayed for our anniversary in September '13. Great location walking distance 10mins from the old town. Quite nice to wander down the steps right to the bottom but only if your are keen on your seafood and happy to pay a lot of money for it! We found old town dining had many more options. The rooms were dated and could do with some sprucing up I thought particularly the old and uncomfortable beds- but the balcony and the view is priceless. You can see all the people all crowded around to see the sunset and you can just watch the show from your balcony. Our room is one to avoid as we found our neighbour horribly rude- a German man who owns the villa next door and sort of ruined our view and our mood a little, the restraint was shocking and I wouldn't advise acting there we did book one evening and being vegetarian there was limited choice as we went to order we were told they didn't have pitta or humous or other veg dishes! U are far better off wandering into old town. For what you pay it's not a 'luxurious' hotel but has a good location and view.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Rosh7
Reviewed 23 May 2014

Last weekend I came home from my first trip abroad alone. I could not have picked a better location. Everyone was so friendly and helpful, from the bellboy who met me when I arrived, to the front desk staff, to the waiters in the restaurant. Nothing was too much trouble for them and they helped to make what was a pretty daunting experience into nothing short of perfect. I had booked myself into the Sunset Honeymoon suite and the room was stunning down to the last detail. I had read a couple of the not so positive reviews before I travelled and I really find it hard to see where these people are coming from? I felt the design of the room complimented its surroundings. My flight home wasn't until early evening and as somebody had booked into my suite it was very kindly arranged for me to have access to one of the hotels other suites so I had somewhere to relax before leaving. Of the 3 nights I spent at Fanari Villas I twice had my evening meal in the restaurant and while I agree with others it is slightly on the pricey side it was well worth it, I would have happily paid for the views alone but the food itself and the service were second to none. The location of Fanari, as I have said, could not have been better. Stunning views of the famous sunsets and just far enough from the town centre to avoid the crowds that come in from the cruise ships. The villas are literally a few minutes walk from the centre, so fantastic for a walk around the many shops and restaurants.

Room Tip: If you are looking for complete serenity and privacy I would recommend the Sunset Honeymoon Suite
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
4  Thank ren1
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Except of the poor quality of the room, the worst was the owners attitude when we asked for an invoice. After their refusal regarding the invoice the owners attacked verbally using offending words. For example she told us that we have never stayed in a hotel, but only in hostels, that we are not serious asking about the invoice, AND THAT OUR QUALITY WAS OBVIOUS FROM THE BEGINNING BECAUSE WE ASKED FOR A BETTER RATE. We must mention that we asked for a better rate for our first night since we arrived at 10:00am!!!

Room Tip: The rooms are extremely small and bad maintained. No room service every day, by mistake i assume
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
10  Thank GeorgiaAthens2014
FANARI, Υπεύθυνος Σχέσεων με Πελάτες at Fanari Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2014

Dear Travellers,

We would like once more to express our respect to every honest opinion of our guests, in order to improve ourselves as well as to make their stay more pleasant.

Please allow us to answer to a certain individual comment which we think deserves a proper answer. In addition, we would like to resolve this issue in a best possible manner.

“Reading your recent review, we didn’t find any comment regarding your stay in our hotel, that reflects the Fanari villas image, which we nurture all these 22 years of long experience. Nor any kind of recommendation to our future guests that can be useful or they can rely on.

We had the possibility to welcome you in our complex on the 18th of April 2014, without pre-arranged reservation, late evening, assisted you immediately with your luggage from the middle of our village, (not from our parking area like where we usually welcome all of our guests) and complimentary upgrade you in one of our superior suites with the rate of a junior suite with an additional -10% off . We offered this special rate, having your insistent excuse that you had a personal mutual connection with friend of the owners of the complex, who were not informed or even present at the moment of your arrival or during your stay due to personal reasons. Relationship, that was never confirmed even till today.

We would like to add that all of our clients deserve a special treatment and that we do not favour out someone due their personal relationship with the owners or allegedly to their friends, in your case.

Having your first night stay in the superior suite, you requested to change your suite, to the one which is on a higher level and less bright in order to have firm shadows, for being able to sleep till late. We assisted you also providing immediate another accommodation in a junior suite always with a discounted rate. We provided you late room refreshing service as you requested and as you had to relax till very late.

As you understand we did have to check you in and out in two suites and official receipts had to be issued for both cases. Generally we issue invoices to travel agencies and to clients that are requesting it upon arrival. So we’ll have the possibility to prepare it, having all the demanding details add on.
In your case that kind of a request never happened.

On the contrary on your departure day we offered you among else, complimentary late check-out when ever you wished around 16:00-16:30, ( in order to show our appreciation and understanding that not all and every guest need to go out of the villa at 11:30 as official check out time)

We also gave you your receipts and while you were settling your bill, you requested a better price again due to your connection with the owners’ friends and that’s when you’ve mentioned the need of an invoice. You were informed that it wouldn’t be possible to be completed as you had already taken the first receipts and we wouldn’t be able to cancel them. So you just left some fiscal details and that you would contacted us in case that you had any difficulty with the first ones.
After almost a month (12th of May 2014), you called us claiming the invoices with an inappropriate way like we didn’t have given you any document and that we had try to deceive you.

After a long and difficult conversation, we suggested you to get in contact with our accounting department that they tried and found a way to cover your wish although you act very disrespectful”.

We are always at our guests' service.

Alexandra Darzentas
Guests' relations and sales manager