1864 The Sea Captain's House
Anemomilos Hotel And Villas(Oia)(Great Value!)
US$362
Priceline
US$569
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
All reviewssailing suitevenetian suitecaptains suitelargest suitefour postereach morningour honeymoonantique furnituretourists taking photosrecommending restaurantspost officebeautiful balconydelicious breakfast every morningjacuzzi tubthe perfect hostgreek islandstake photos
Reviewed 29 May 2011

The accomodations are gorgeous, the views breathtaking. Everything you could hope for and wish for. Fantastic massages. Excellent location, a few steps from all the action, yet quiet and secluded. This is the place to fulfill your dreams. Great suggestions from staff, excellent care, gracious manners.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Denise2517
Reviewed 26 April 2011

Stayed 3 nights would have loved to afford longer. Oia is not cheap. We were able to sample the restaurants Ambrosia and Nectar and Ambrose which both served terrific food in different but beautiful atmospheres. Tony was able to help with all our travel plans geting to the island and providing all the information required. The massages available were superb, inluded in our package! We heard from another couple staying elsewhere on the island that they had also indulged and loved the massages by Stefan. Champagne breakfasts are not to be missed on the private terrace. Oia is spectacular and the Sea Captains House takes advantage of the relaxed charm starting from the arrival of our luggage by Yiannis the local donkey!

Room Tip: Sailing suite best terrace
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank travelerCeels
Reviewed 11 April 2011

We stayed in the Sailing Suite on the recommendation of Tony, the owner. And the views are absolutely incredible. The hotel is in Oia, Santorini, which unlike the over commercialized Fira, is quiet, and almost tranquil. If you are not sure how you want to spend your time in Santorini, Tony, is extremely helpful with suggestions. And he has a terrific equilibrium regarding that. He is not pushy, in the least. We were on a tight timetable, so we could only stay for two nights. Three would definitely be better. Especially, if you wanted to take advantage of their spa. There is a terrific restaurant in the nearby town of Pirgos, which Tony graciously drove us to. The name of the restaurant is Selene, and it is a terrific change from the traditional Greek fare. If you are going to Santorini, this is the place to stay.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank tomshille
TheSeaCaptain, Owner at 1864 The Sea Captain's House, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2011

Thank you - it was a real pleasure to have you visit. And I was glad that as it was the low season, I had time to chat more and introduce you to Selene. It was one of the first restaurants I discovered when I was a first-time visitor here - some 14 years ago, no some 18 years ago. But now I'm busy with my own restaurant/hotel/spa and only get to Selene at the start or end of the Season. We'll await your return visit to Oia.

Reviewed 29 October 2010

Tony greeted my husband and me warmly when we arrived by the taxi he had arranged for us (airport transfer highly recommended). We stayed at the Falling Star House and to be honest we were dazzled by the caldera views from the balcony terrace of the House. There before our eyes were the blue Aegean Sea, the caldera cliffs and the famous blue domes of the church in so many postcards.
Ratings:
Location was quaint setting in charming Oia with unobstructed view of the caldera.
It was situated just off the Oia shopping strip and without many steep steps to climb to the house.
The house was comfortable and clean. The house design was simple village style with character
Hotel and Restaurant staff:
• Tony and his staff provided excellent service.
• Tony was most gracious and kind for he offered us (without our asking) late check out because he was aware of our late flight. How thoughtful is that.
Services and facilities:
• Breakfasts were served on the terrace and it was the best time of the day for us. We just soaked in the magnificent views of the blue ocean, caldera cliffs and the changing clouds and clear blue sky. We could even see the cruise ships in Fira.
• The small fridge in the kitchenette was well stocked with complimentary soft drinks.
• Dinner and welcome drinks we had at Nectar & Ambrossia restaurant were delicious. We got 10% discount for this and their other restaurant.
• Hotel provided free wifi with strong connection not like some of the other hotels we stayed in.
• Hotel did offer their car for rental at very reasonable rate but we decided not to drive around as we were not familiar with right hand drive.
I was so overwhelmed by the beauty of Oia, that on the first night of our stay I had to comment in my Facebook that Santorini was the most beautiful place on earth I had visited. My dream is to bring my family to stay at this hotel again. I strongly recommend this hotel to anyone who wants a relaxing holiday. The Nectar and Ambrossia restaurants must not be missed also.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank JoyL_7
Reviewed 7 October 2010

To be quite honest I am a little cheesed off this place doesn’t have a better rating on Trip Advisor? I think because they only have a few rooms they don’t get as many reviews which puts them at a lower place than other hotels . . . . .but if you read the reviews you will see that they are 5 stars! Not because this place is 5 star luxury (lets not confuse this place with 5 star luxury). Its vintage, antique-y (as one guest put it before), and rustic. We stayed here for our honeymoon and in my opinion it was way better than the 5 star luxury resorts we stayed in, Amirandes in Crete and Le Merdian in Cyprus. So much more character! You almost feel like a movie star when you walk out of your room because there tourists trying to get a picture of the beautiful view you have right out your balcony. We stayed in the Falling Stars Suite and I don’t think you can get any better than that, its one of the most famous views in the world!

Let me ask you one question . . . Why are you going to Santorini? The view of course! Then choose this place, and you will love it. It’s more authentic Santorini, not as sterile as the 5 star resorts. I will level with you, I too at first wanted the 5 star luxury hotels on my honeymoon I thought nothing but the best on my honeymoon but places like this have character and history . . . . . Plus you are right in the heart of Oia, the most beautiful place in all of Santorini.

Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple