Tony greeted my husband and me warmly when we arrived by the taxi he had arranged for us (airport transfer highly recommended). We stayed at the Falling Star House and to be honest we were dazzled by the caldera views from the balcony terrace of the House. There before our eyes were the blue Aegean Sea, the caldera cliffs and the famous blue domes of the church in so many postcards.
Location was quaint setting in charming Oia with unobstructed view of the caldera.
It was situated just off the Oia shopping strip and without many steep steps to climb to the house.
The house was comfortable and clean. The house design was simple village style with character
Hotel and Restaurant staff:
• Tony and his staff provided excellent service.
• Tony was most gracious and kind for he offered us (without our asking) late check out because he was aware of our late flight. How thoughtful is that.
Services and facilities:
• Breakfasts were served on the terrace and it was the best time of the day for us. We just soaked in the magnificent views of the blue ocean, caldera cliffs and the changing clouds and clear blue sky. We could even see the cruise ships in Fira.
• The small fridge in the kitchenette was well stocked with complimentary soft drinks.
• Dinner and welcome drinks we had at Nectar & Ambrossia restaurant were delicious. We got 10% discount for this and their other restaurant.
• Hotel provided free wifi with strong connection not like some of the other hotels we stayed in.
• Hotel did offer their car for rental at very reasonable rate but we decided not to drive around as we were not familiar with right hand drive.
I was so overwhelmed by the beauty of Oia, that on the first night of our stay I had to comment in my Facebook that Santorini was the most beautiful place on earth I had visited. My dream is to bring my family to stay at this hotel again. I strongly recommend this hotel to anyone who wants a relaxing holiday. The Nectar and Ambrossia restaurants must not be missed also.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Top-of-the world direct views to the Santorini volcano, caldera and sea from this three suite, all with antique canopy king bed, luxury guesthouse hotel with full services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Odigeo, Booking.com, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your 1864 The Sea Captain's House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 1864 The Sea Captain`s House Hotel Oia
- 1864 The Sea Captain`s House And Spa
- 1864 The Sea Captains Hotel
- 1864 The Sea Captain's House Santorini/Oia