“GREAT”

Ranked #38 of 56 Hotels in Oia
Moscow
“GREAT”
Reviewed 18 May 2012

This hotel is really greati! View, interior, food, location, PRICE and so on... Everything that the travelers may expect to the hotel is nice. I feel sorry that I don't speak English very well enough to decribe the amazingly good points of the hotel. But I guess that I could not do it perfectly even if I were an English speaking person. I just thank the hotel for giving me such a happy memories in Santorini.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 15 May 2012

We stayed 1 night in Imperial suite and 1 night in Alexandrite cave villa during May 13 and 14 - both were upgraded which was perfect for our honeymoon. View is fantastic, although there were insects/spiders in the room. Breakfast could have provided more choices but it was fine still. Good experience staying in the cave villa :) Hotel is in a good distance from the main little town with shops and restaurants. Bus stop is right outside hotel entrance.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Florence N
Reviewed 30 April 2012

Our time at Alexander's boutique hotel could not have been more magical. Tucked inside the cliffside of the town of Oia was our charming room, individually decorated, giving it a very warm feel. Every detail was thought through with great style. Above all what made our time so special was the amazing staff. They immediately embraced us as friends and we spent many wonderful hours enjoying the views, playing music, sipping wine, sharing experiences and making great connections. We are already discussing the quickest way we can return!

• Stayed April 2012
1 Thank Rfgannon
Brisbane
Reviewed 16 April 2012

This place was the 'splurge' of our 3 months backpacking in Europe and was just perfect. We were there in April 2011 so there were hardly any other guests and our wonderful Canadian/Greek host gave us a free room upgrade. The breakfast overlooking the caldera couldn't have been better: fresh fruit, Greek yoghurt and honey, toast and the most breathtaking view imaginable. The season was a little cool so it didn't matter that the pool was getting fixed up before the tourist season. We ventured into the sea but it was about 12 degrees.

Our social host was full of advice for looking around the island and always up for a chat. The rooms were spacious (we were in a save room) and the small kitchenette was fine for making simple meals.

If I had to fault it at all, there was a bit of a damp smell in the bathroom (I don't think it could be helped with the cave room) and the Jacuzzi-bath wasn't really usable because the water took so long to fill up that it would have been cold by the time we came to use it. But that's not what we went for. 10 minutes walk from the point on Oia where everyone goes to watch the sunset, bus stop right outside the hotel, magnificent views and a friendly atmosphere - would definitely recommend.

Room Tip: Rooms all face the ocean. I think we picked the cheapest room but as I said, they gave us a free upg...
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank AusMatsuda
Reviewed 15 April 2012 via mobile

My wife, three year old and I spent 5 days at this hotel. Breathtaking views and wonderful staff support. They make good recommendations and are attentive to needs. Would recommend highly recommend this pace.

Stayed April 2012
1 Thank NW8England
Leiden
Reviewed 14 April 2012

It was my dream to visit Santorini during last few years, especially during long office hours in rainy winter days in Northern Europe. This year I finally decided: I selebrate my birthday at Oia Santorini. Why not ? I booked Imperial Suite at Alexander's Boutique Hotel and flew to Greece. Taxi was waiting for me at the airport as I arranged it with hotel. First of all, yes from Imperial Suite there is a great stunning view of Caldera and Volcano and sea. The suite, in a way it is decorated with antique furniture and modern kitchen has a personal touch from Alexander, owner of the hotel. When you enter the suite you have incredible warm and cozy feeling like at home ( there is no feeling that you stay in a hotel room at all) but at the same time the suite has a real great/fantastic view of the sea and volcano and surrounding places. That makes it really special and unique, you started to feel it immideately. So it is true, as soon as you entered the suite then you don’t want to leave this suite, and you stick to a nice terrace with fantastic view... forever. Hot tub right on the terrace what you can dream more!! In the late afternoon I enjoyed elegant Oia boutiques along Caldera. Nice to walk along very small streets of Oia and observe different houses/buildings painted in different bright colors attached to Caldera, very often in an unbelievable way as well as I enjoyed artistic souvenirs of Oia. Local food is quite good too. Staff at the hotel is very friendly and really helpful. The breakfast is served outside on the terrace of the suite that make stay really unforgettable!!! Room service is excellent, quick and efficient. Hotel ordered taxi for me to get back to the airport. Alexander, owner of the hotel is every day on site together with his Team giving warm treat to the hotel guests. This all together made my birthday really unforgettable and very special, thank you Alexander, Evita, Khan for very warm and nice treat, I will come back... !!!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Olga Z
Baghdad
Reviewed 12 April 2012

I booked this hotel as a surprise for my family (wife and three girls). We spent a little more than I wanted to, but I wanted Santorini to be memorable. Was it ever! We drove into the hotel at night so had a hard time finding it initially, but this ended up being great, becuase it was out of the hustle and bustle of Fira and even outside of central Oia. The suite was a cave! The kids loved it. The views of the caldera and of parts of Oia were spectacular. The first day, no one wanted to leave the hotel. We just sat out on the veranda and read (when we could peel our eyes off the stunning view of the caldera and volcano. The service was outstanding, the breakfast was perfect (love the yogurt and honey!) and the hot tub overlooking the caldera was paradise. We literally had to pull ourselves away to go see other parts of the island.

We really hated leaving and hope beyond hope we can return!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family