We recently stayed for 3 nights at Alexander's Boutique Hotel in one of the 'cozy caves' and we had a mixed experience there.
- location is great
- the room is nice
- the staff was friendly during the stay
- there is absolutely no sign posted on the street, so we literally had to drive up and down the road of over 30 minutes and it was difficult to find the place. When we asked the staff about this we were told that they are not allowed to post signs, this explanation seems odd, as we saw many signs posted, including one for Mystique, a hotel near by Alexander's
- the breakfast selection is more than limited for a 4 stars hotel, even though the view from the terrace is spectacular, the food itself was the worst we had when compared with the hotels we stayed in Athens, Paros in Mykonos during our 2 weeks vacation
- the outside jacuzzi area is very small and we were not able to use it, as there were always other customers using it
- the hotel has no pool close by, you can use one at another hotel, which is at a 10 minutes walk, in a completely different location
Besides all this I also have to note that, unfortunately, I am not sure I can recommend the hotel to other friends or just others in general due to an incident that happened after we left. Unfortunately, we forgot one of our cell phones in the room and we realized this only after we returned home. Ever since we realized that the phone was forgotten in the room we tried to contact the hotel to see if they found it and can return it and they have been totally non responsive, no replies to emails, nothing. I understand that is our fault that we forgot the cell phone, but I think a reply to an email is not that much to ask for.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxury, elegance, intimacy, breathtaking views of the caldera...Alexander’s is a boutique hotel consisting of suites, cave villas and cave houses all named after precious and semi-precious stones, according to Cycladic architecture. We are a hotel with less steps. We have been recommended by the New York Times, the Independent and the Daily Telegraph. Our hotel was the main location of the film “Thira.” Special occasions are magical when held at Alexander’s. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HRS, Cancelon and Hotel.de so you can book your Alexander's Boutique Hotel of Oia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alexanders Boutique Hotel Oia
- Alexanders Boutique Oia
- Alexander's Boutique Hotel Of Oia Santorini