“"The Best Hotel Experience in Greece"”

Alexander's Boutique Hotel of Oia
Ranked #38 of 56 Hotels in Oia
Reviewed 23 July 2012

The hospitality that I had experienced in Greece, from Athens to Naxos, had been wonderful. But, nothing compares to the personal attention that I had received when I travelled to Santorini, and booked a night at Alexander's Boutique Hotel, in Oia. There is a breathtaking view of the Caldera. And it's perfectly situated right next to the main street in Oia, for all your dining and shopping needs. Alexander, Yvetta, and the whole staff were extremely friendly and helpful. I only had one full day in Oia and Yvetta helped me to make the most of it. Everything was impeccable. Alexander and Yvetta made sure that I had everything I needed to feel comfortable. They had booked me a cave suite with a bedroom, kitchenette and jacuzzi tub, which was everything that I needed to just relax and enjoy my last day in Greece. I highly recommend this Boutique hotel to anyone thinking of staying in Oia. I was a very happy staying here as a solo traveller, but could also see that this place is great for everyone, from honeymooners to families. I felt very welcome not only by the staff, but by the other happy guests staying there as well. Everything was very low stress, which allowed me to leave with the most important thing of all... wonderful memories. I can't thank Alexander and Yvetta enough. Tricia (Los Angeles, California, USA)

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Tricia247

Reviewed 10 July 2012

It is really very impressive experience to stay in Alexander's Boutique Hotel

First of all, we meet Mr. Alexander and his family, they are really very friendly, we enjoy a short while of chatting time. And they are very nice to invite us for drink and talk about Oia and the city that we are coming from.

Secondly, we are staying in Diamond room for 1 nights, the decoration inside the room is really very impressive.

Also, the breakfast is very Delicious too and surely with the very beautiful scenery.

We read some people experience about staying in cave house, sometimes you may find the cave house very humid and smelly, however, it never happens in Alexander cave house, it is very clean and comfortable, we enjoy the stay there.

It is absolutely not pricey but very nice hotel, we strongly recommend this hotel to anyone going to stay in Oia.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 July 2012

Fabulous! We were lucky enough to see a full moon during our stay which was absolutely stunning from the terrace at Alexander's. Breakfast was equally enjoyable with direct views over the bay. The staff were all amazing - special thanks to Yvetta and Han and co for going the extra mile and making our stay so enjoyable.

The cave room was exactly what we were expecting - we would highly recommend a stay here without hesitation.

Joel and Helen (Manchester UK)

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 July 2012

Amazing view from balcony just outside authentic cave room and super friendly staff. Receptionist vieta was phenomenal. She went beyond what you can expect from a hotel. Highly recommended if you are considering staying at Oia.

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed 2 July 2012

We travelled to Santorini with our two small children and stumbled upon Alexander's Boutique Hotel - so glad we did! We can heartily recommend it to anyone who wants to experience 4-5 star luxury in Oia without totally breaking the bank. We stayed in two different cave houses and they were both immaculate. The staff and service were top notch, the location great and most importantly, the view was absolutely breathtaking.

It's towards the beginning of the village of Oia and we found the location excellent, with a great view of the caldera on the left, volcano and Thirassia island right ahead and whitewashed houses of Oia on the right. There was a good-value supermarket just a few steps up the street and a pool that we could use free of charge right across the street. A few minutes walk up the street (back towards Fira) was the absolute best place to see the sunset (better than sunset point!) and most importantly we were able to find places to park our hire car for free just a few metres from the hotel. We found this so convenient, especially with kids.

Thanks to everyone at Alexander's for a fabulous time in Oia!

Room Tip: Some of the cheapest rooms have a shared patio (which were totally fine) but if you pay a bit extra...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank traveln2012
Reviewed 26 June 2012

The hotel is very good for someone who want a cost effective hotel with above average but burdenable level. It is good because its cave room design. I got a cave room with a seperate yard that can see the sea privatly with my friends when having breakfast & dinner in my house. The staffs are very warmhearted & hospitality with 5 stars service standardard that makes me feel living in my own house during the 2-nights trip. The decoration inside the cave is also very good & make me feel clean & neat. Kitchen is helpful esp a mini market nearby to help cook by myself when I want my home-made style dinner.

Room Tip: good to someone want quiet place to live while within walk in distant to local center - commercial d...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 June 2012

We stayed here for the first couple nights of our stay in Santorini, before migrating more toward the center of things on the island. Be aware if you stay anywhere in Oia, you are gaining access to the island's greatest beauty (the promenade of Oia, and of course the majestic sunsets) but you are a bit isolated from most of the activity on Santorini. Anyway, should you choose to stay in Oia for some or all of your time in Santorini, then I strongly do recommend Alexander's. The location is great in that you are close enough to the pedestrian promenade of Oia to walk to it, but since you aren't right on it, you avoid the tourist crowds. The cave rooms are a unique experience unlike lodging elsewhere in the world, and the daily breakfast on the balcony is an experience not to be missed (though, as others have noted, it would be better if Alexander's offered some greater selection on the breakfast as it's quite plain). The people at the hotel were very nice, as they moved our bags promptly and made arrangements for us to take the wooden boat to the volcano (something highly recommended for a Santorini vacation). We did find the hotel staff's restaurant recommendations to be a bit off the mark though.

Annoyingly, the pool was not open when we visited. The jacuzzi however was quite wonderful and offered caldera views -- the ultimate relaxing, luxurious experience!

Others have posted tips on getting to this hotel. Rather than bus or taxi, I recommend a company with the website SantoriniTransfer.com who operate a shared ride service. From the port to Alexander's, in May 2012, it was 11 euros per person. While certainly more than the bus, we found it to be a reasonable cost for 2 people to get to the hotel in a fairly timely manner (even though we were the last ones off the shuttle since we were going to the farthest point on the island), and the shuttle driver certainly knew where the hotel was.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank jays165
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oia
Residence Suites
Oia's Sunset Apartments
Porto Fira Suites
Porto Fira Suites
#7 of 80 in Fira

Been to Alexander's Boutique Hotel of Oia? Share your experiences!