Alexander's Boutique Hotel of Oia
US$264
Travelocity
US$1,211
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsimperial suitecave househot tubroom upgradeevery morningunique experiencebottle of wineour honeymoonbreakfast is servedrented a carcaldera viewhighlight of our tripyogurtprivate jacuzzifew stepsbus stopthe main street
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 May 2013

We stayed in a cave room which I thought was rather cool. It's very different from a normal hotel room. There was a double bed and single bed so my sister and I each had our own bed. The single bed was quite hard, though. There was a little kitchen in our room with plates, glasses, silverware, fridge. We found that quite helpful as it allowed us to have lunch in our room so we didn't have to eat out so much. The morning breakfast was good: toast, butter, jams, meat, cheese, coffee, tea, cream, sugar, watermelon, orange juice, boiled eggs. There was an additional mirror outside the bathroom, which is always nice for getting ready. I also appreciated the little table in the bathroom, where we could spread out our toiletries. The free parking is street parking so you have to find it yourself. We never had to walk far though. You need an international driver's license if you want to rent a moped.
The first night we got there they had to put us in a different room. They were greedy and over-booked. It's frustrating to not be able to really unpack right away because you are going to have to move rooms the next day. I didn't really care for the room we had the first night, so I'm glad we didn't have it the whole time. It wasn't as cozy, and the shower was no shower at all, just a tub with a hand held nozzle, with very poor water pressure. The shower in our main room wasn't that great either. Unless you were very careful, water would get all over the bathroom. The shower curtain was not adequate at all. These cave rooms do not have outlets in the bathrooms. There is a hair dryer, but if you want to use a flat iron or a curling iron, you have to do do it in the main room. The first night there wasn't an outlet by a mirror so I had to flat iron my hair blind. The pool was not open yet. It would have been nice if the website indicated when the pool is available. It wasn't going to be opened until about May 21. We were there May 3-May 9.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Inger N
Reviewed 28 May 2013

This place is truely amazing. I wouldn't go anywhere else in Oia! The staff is so nice and helpful with everything. Alexander is very dedicated to making sure his guests know where the hotel is, even if he has to find you! Everyone here is genuine and the hotel is paradise. We stayed in the saphire room and had a great breakfast every morning. I dont have any complaints accept that I wanted to stay longer! Also, if you are worried about location, it is perfect. Its right next to the main walk way and also has places to eat and a market close by. Thanks everyone at Alexander's Boutique for making our vacation effortless! We will be back!

Reviewed 28 May 2013

In over 40 years of traveling, I would rank Alexander's Boutique Hotel ranks as one of the finest places I've ever had the pleasure of staying. The service, friendliness of the staff (including Alexander himself), location, decor and view were absolutely wonderful. A nice combination of elegance, down-home comfort, and the staff's incredible attention to detail gave us the feeling that we were staying with old friends who really cared about the quality of our experience while visiting. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 May 2013

My wife and I booked this hotel on the reviews on tripadvisor as it was to be a special trip for our wedding anniverary. The room we were given was probably there worst room, dark and poorly furnished, even though they had other rooms available.We were bitten to death by mosquito's and had to ask for them to spray the room.You would think a hotel would provide the best room available as its good business sense not depend on complaints to get moved. The staff were great , but the room terrible. I recommend you all to visit the resort be research your accomodation well..

Room Tip: Research your accomodation well
Reviewed 22 May 2013

We were very fussy guests and the staff were incredibly patient and helpful and really couldn't do enough for us. We were hoping for either a private balcony or somewhere to lounge around in the sun, which wasn't possible because the pool next door wasn't open because it was too early in the season (first week of May). I am not sure if there are rooms with private balconies at this hotel, but it didn't seem to matter in the end because we hired a car and drove to the Perivolos beach most days. This beach I can recommend highly, and it is an easy 30 minute drive from the hotel at Oia. The rooms at Alexander's (especially the Saphire and any on that level) are beautifully decorated, the views are amazing and we would definitely come and stay here again. It is also a short very pleasant walk into the lovely town. We can also recommend the "Sunset" restaurant at the port at Oia for excellent, fresh fish.

Room Tip: We loved the saphire room and any on that level. These get the evening sun but not first thing in the morning.