“What a nice visit!”

Alexander's Boutique Hotel of Oia
Ranked #38 of 56 Hotels in Oia
Reviewed 26 June 2013

Spent 2 nights in one of the nice cave suites. Great hospitality, Couldn't ask for a better view! We enjoyed the frest fruit for breakfast. The hostess, Ivita was wonderful with suggestions fo things to do and see. Not overbearing: just right. We could not have picked a better place for a romantic getaway. The pool is shared across the street and there is no resteraunt. However, there are tons of options in town and a lovely stroll to and from the bustle of the village.- Doug and Marie from Seattle

Room Tip: Do not ask for a room at the top level as there is a little road noise.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Marie-Campbell

Reviewed 25 June 2013

We stayed here for 10 days and had a brilliant time. The staff were so friendly and helpful. It was meticulously clean and the views were amazing. The photos don't do it justice. Although the pool was over the road, this actually worked well as there was more breeze on that side. It was also part of a tavern where many locals ate. The breakfasts were more than adequate. Fruit, toast eggs, cheese and ham with tea coffee orange juice and jams and honey which are served on the terrace with that stunning view.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rivareo
Reviewed 24 June 2013

Can't recommend Alexander's enough. From our first moment, when Iveta welcomed us like visiting family, to our last delicious breakfast with the view of the sapphire blue waters, this has been a stellar experience. We will miss the graciousness of Iveta and Anali, as well as the helpfulness of Alexis -- and even Mini-me! They made great recommendations of where to go, places to eat, things to see & do. As Iveta explained, this is not her job, it is what she loves to do -- and we are so grateful! The cave room is charming and roomy enough for three. The showers were hot and the AC cool -- perfect! We had a great view of the caldera right outside our room without having to suffer hundreds of stairs like the adjacent properties. Last night, we got to watch the sun set in the west and the full moon rise in the east -- all from the rooftop view point. Thank you all for making our days in Santorini so memorable.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank rockymtngirl
Reviewed 10 June 2013

I was traveling with two friends for our 30th birthdays, and we were so lucky to stay at Alexanders! We had no recommendations for Oia hotels, and chose the hotel based on online reviews, and could not have been happier. We were upgraded to the Diamond Suite, which was one of the most breathtaking rooms I have ever stayed in. Plus, to make the stay even better, the staff were lovely. Anali, Alexander's daughter, was a great host - showing us the "real" Santorini. And Iveta was lovely and made sure every aspect of our stay was taken care of. I would certainly recommend Alexander's to anyone traveling to Oia, and can't wait to return myself!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jo P
Reviewed 9 June 2013

I am beyond words trying to express my gratitude and enjoyment at Alexander's Boutique. Santorini in general is heavenly but our stay here made the experience much more fulfilling. The staff went above and beyond to be sure we were comfortable and satisfied. They also made great suggestions on restaurants and beaches, clearly very educated on the area. Their kindness and generosity makes the hotel welcoming and homey. An absolutely incredible breakfast is served in the morning with a priceless view of the Caldera. I felt like royalty. Alex himself is a sincere, wonderful host and I have absolutely nothing but spectacular things to say!!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 June 2013

We were so lucky to be ungraded to a suite on our second night - the location was splendid. The reception staff as well as the cleaning staff were so friendly and helpful. We were even invited to join the owner for a glass of wine and an opportunity to get a real insiders view of the island and Greece in general 9especially regarding the financial situation.) Most enlightening. Rooms were comfortable, breakfasts great and the jacuzzi an added bonus. Can't recommend this hotel enough. Thank you all.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 June 2013

We came back from two weeks vacation in Turkey and greece. I will says that I am very frequent world traveller and have seen many parts of world. My worst stay so far was in this hotel. First of all they charge your card if you book directly with them, not at discounted rate but regular rate. They told me that they will upgrade my room, however this was the worst room. They talk about blue marble in bathroom but is cement. Takes at least 16 hrs if you want to have enough water for Jaccuzi to work but when you start Jacczi, electrity can not hold and whole so called cave house is without elecricity. I was awake whole night looking for somebody, even though all surrounding hotels have their workers helping guests at 4 am, oweners told me they cannot afford to stay near hotel. My boat to Mykonos was changed to bigger boat by some other company but reception told me to go downtown on taxi to a private travel agency, which probably they had commision, but when I went there, they told me everything should be done at port and waste of time, money and frustation so people in Alexandera can make money .Do not stay with them. They are Liers.

Room Tip: Do not stay in this hotelo.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family