Most hotels have great views if they look on to the caldera. This hotel is no exception. There are many luxury hotels and Manu have private facilities such as small private infinity pool or jacuzzi for each room. In some respects the hotel could be said to be a little dated but I liked it. This hotel had a shared patio area ( near reception) and shared jacuzzi. I guess you get what you pay for and if you want individual facilities you'd have to pay even more. Our room was a cave built into the rock. It was quirky and had a separate bedroom and bathroom with small kitchenette which we used to cook our lunches several times. This room was quiet. Wifi worked well. The hotel sometimes felt like a backpackers hotel as there was a great turnover of guests and few stayed more than a night or two. We stayed in our room for the whole week but other people were being swapped around rooms between their stay! The room next to ours held at least 4 and so attracted groups which could be noisy or take over the patio area somewhat. Evetta was a great character and the other staff were kind and helpful at all times. The hotel was quite near a busy road with oversized coaches roaring past most of the day - handy for transport to Fira. The hotel does not have its own pool. The pool is in a very nearby hotel (2mins) away and looks over the other side of the island. It was absolutely fine. This was an unforgettable holiday for us and the hotel was a great choice for a first visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxury, elegance, intimacy, breathtaking views of the caldera...Alexander’s is a boutique hotel consisting of suites, cave villas and cave houses all named after precious and semi-precious stones, according to Cycladic architecture. We are a hotel with less steps. We have been recommended by the New York Times, the Independent and the Daily Telegraph. Our hotel was the main location of the film “Thira.” Special occasions are magical when held at Alexander’s. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Alexander's Boutique Hotel of Oia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alexanders Boutique Hotel Oia
- Alexanders Boutique Oia
- Alexander's Boutique Hotel Of Oia Santorini