From the moment my wife and I arrived at Alexanders we enjoyed our week in Oia. Vicky, who runs reception in the afternoon/evening, sat us down under the umbrella outside the small reception room with a glass of wine while she finished attending to another matter. After ten or so minutes, she joined us for an informative run down of Oia and Santorini, and she provided suggestions for our time there whilst we enjoyed another glass of wine. By the time we walked down the next few stairs to our cave villa off the balcony below reception, we felt welcomed and received a pleasant surprise with our cave villa.
The cave villa we had, and the others we saw, are very tastefully fitted out and we had the feeling of living in a very comfortable and well decorated small apartment (well, small by Sydney’s more spacious standards). Alexander has collected some unique antique style furnishings and decorations which provided a lived in feeling to the cave villas. Our room was kept immaculate all week by staff cleaning, making the bed (a challenge in the cave space the bed sits in), washing any glasses etc in the kitchenette, etc etc twice a day. The breakfast was served on the balcony outside our room; it was fresh and refills were available. The balcony has stunning views of the ocean and islands offshore. What a great way to start the day.
We enjoyed meeting other couples staying in adjacent cave villas under reception and having drinks before and after dinner; the balcony area is conducive to chatting or keeping to yourself. We have swapped eMails with other guests to stay in contact. Alexanders is located towards the edge of Oia along the caldera, which keeps the hustle and bustle down. We enjoyed the short walk into Oia centre each day where we found some excellent restaurants/bar/coffee shops, let alone some good shopping.
The receptionist in the morning, Assia, was helpful and organised a rental car for us on a number of days and it was delivered to Alexanders. We followed the suggestions Vicky made and had a great time exploring the island.
We would definitely stay at Alexanders again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxury, elegance, intimacy, breathtaking views of the caldera...Alexander’s is a boutique hotel consisting of suites, cave villas and cave houses all named after precious and semi-precious stones, according to Cycladic architecture. We are a hotel with less steps. We have been recommended by the New York Times, the Independent and the Daily Telegraph. Our hotel was the main location of the film “Thira.” Special occasions are magical when held at Alexander’s. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Odigeo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HRS and Hotel.de so you can book your Alexander's Boutique Hotel of Oia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alexanders Boutique Hotel Oia
- Alexanders Boutique Oia
- Alexander's Boutique Hotel Of Oia Santorini