“Best Experience in Santorini and great quality!”

Alexander's Boutique Hotel of Oia
Ranked #37 of 58 Hotels in Oia
Reviewed 27 September 2010

Santorini was the ultimate dream vacation and Alexander's Boutique Hotel made our trip even more enjoyable. I was very satisfied with my stay at Alexander's. Upon arrival the staff were very helpful and very friendly and we received an upgrade to an imperial suite as we were on our honey moon. We were very satisfied with the decoration in the room. Roses, and champagne were available for us on arrival. From our balcony, we could see a beautiful view of Santorini while enjoying the jacuzzi. Overall, a highly recommended hotel and even more so, if you are looking for a break away from home with your partner.

Reviewed 27 September 2010

I have just returned from a magical stay at Alexanders Hotel.
I booked the "Cozy Cave House" and when we arrived the lovely Assia told us we would stay one night there and then get upgraded to the Imperial villa. The cozy cave house was adorable, clean, neat and actually very BIG by european hotel standards.
We enjoyed our first night there, in the morning breakfast was served on our shared balcony (silver service on starched white linen with egg, toast, croissants, fresh fruit salad, yogurt, ham, cheese, coffee, juice) looking at the most spectacular view ever.
Our upgrade to the Imperial Villa was a breathtaking surprise - the imperial has a private balcony and jacuzzi looking out over oia and the water. Its a massive 2 bedroom apartment which is absolutely worth every cent which it is advertised for. The amazing thing is we went to Oia to get married but did not tell the hotel - it was pure chance we got upgraded for the remaining 4 nights and we had our wedding ceremony on that balcony which we will never forget.
The thing about Alexanders is not just the view but the service. The staff (Assia and Vicky in reception, Angelos, Peter) are all friendly, helpful and attentive, and that is what turns the hotel into a true european boutique establishment.
Vicky gave us lots of tips on what to see, where to go for great food and the best beaches and sailing trips. There is a fantastic taverna across the road (Anememilos) which serves the best authentic greek food on the island and a handy supermarket practically next door.
If you are looking for the chrome, marble tiles and impersonal service of one of the hotel chains, this hotel might not be for you, but if you are looking for up-market accommodation that stays true to the original village style, with personalised high quality service then this is the place to be. If you stay here, you will be part of the view, rather than just looking at it!

Reviewed 26 September 2010

May be most of the hotels in Oia are like this, quiet, sea view terrace, cave house....but this is definitly the most enjoyable stay I had in different islands of Greece. What else could you complain about when you find yourself having such a spectacular view? I wouldn't at least.......

There is no swimming pool in Alexander's, you have to walk like 100m to another hotel for a pool. The terrace is shared, but I like chatting with people around the world so its ok for me. There is a mini market next to Alexander's and, with its well-equiped kitchen, I just stayed there and read all the way through my first afternoon. Its quiet around Alexander's coz there is a 5 -10 mins walk to the bus terminal, the very centre of Oia.

The cave house I lived probably is the smallest one in Alexander's but still big and cozy enough for the two of us. One minor demerit is that the bath water is running a bit slow. The breakfast is very good, fresh fruit, yogurt, egg, slices of bread, and its served to you on your terrace. Its just enjoyable to have breakfast under the sun having such a wonderful sea view.

The staff there are all very friendly and helpful. My wife and I had decided that we would be back.....hopefully soon......

Reviewed 22 September 2010

I booked this hotel as a "splurge" in Santorini, and I was disappointed! I think our room was "upgraded" to one of the cave villas, but it was pretty unremarkable. Dank and dark, and really claustrophobic! The room had an AMAZING view, but that didn't make up for everything else. The service was okay, not great by any definition. I would definitely seek out another place in Oia, especially for what we paid (in the off-season, at that!).

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 September 2010

Switch you into another hotel next door without telling!

When we arrived, the receptionist checked our booking and seemed very clam and lead us to a room 1 min walk, next to the reception. We were very disappointed when I saw the room, It was not that bad, but there is NOT A THING looked like in the picture.

After carefully checking we found it was COMPLETELY DIFFERENT HOTEL called "Strogili", even had a different reception. We were very angry and went back to the reception, the receptionist even trying to lie to us and said there were same hotels at the same rate. When we checked out we refused to pay the full rate for a hotel which was NOT booked by me (I would simply not book Strogili at that location for that room for Alexander's rate, and Alexander's left us no choice). The receptionist started to become very aggrassive and said if I staied, I d pay for it. However there were no people told us until we found it out by ourselves. Finally we had a phone call with the manerger and he aggree the rate we would like to go for.

As we stayed in another hotel in Oia for 3 nights, so we know for the rate Alexdander's boutique hotel asked for, you can get much much better serves and rooms, and most important, stay in the hotel you booked!

Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
6  Thank mintfortea
Reviewed 21 August 2010

The town of Oia is absolutely beautiful, you will have a very memorable stay which ever hotel you stay in. Hotels are accordingly priced based on location within the town and whether they have a swimming pool or not. However, beware of the following before booking Alexander's:

1) We booked the "Cavest" room for our stay. When we arrived we were told that we had been "upgraded" for our first night to a better room. This was the hotel's rather dishonest and sneaky way of informing us that they had actually double-booked our room for our first night. We did not want the inconvenience of moving rooms during our stay, unfortunately there were already people in the room we had booked so we had no choice.

2) Beware the picture of the pool on the website. The pool is not in the hotel, it is in another hotel 5 min walk from Alexander's to which you have access. (The website does not explain this.)

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
5  Thank JoshF123
Reviewed 20 August 2010

We normally get it right as we travel a lot, but this time was the exception..we telephoned two days before to book and spoke to the owner who appeared charming and offered us a 'superior' room for €220 a day (supposedly an upgrade!)
On arrival, after being told to wait outside the poky reception in the boiling heat for half an hour while the Bulgarian receptionist seemed more interested in pushing island boat trips to 2 American ladies, who did not appear to have ever travelled before, we were then shown to a pokier and dated bedroom with dark furniture and no windows..the cave-like living in some parts of Santorini is one thing but this was another..very depressing.
We asked to see alternatives which seemed more than the large Bulgarian lady could manage as it involved a 10 minute walk to a completely different location! It seemed touch and go as to whether she was going to make it,
We luckily managed to escape to book another charming hotel nearby.
On returning to collect our bags I heard the receptionist describe the hotel swimming pool.. But surprise surprise, this was also not on the premses but involved a 5 minute walk in the other direction to an entirely different hotel!
It is not for me to tell you where to stay but all I can say is just watch out with this one!

Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
9  Thank Msproperties1
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oia
VIP Suites
#31 of 81 in Fira
Mill Houses Elegant Suites
Mill Houses Elegant Suites
#7 of 22 in Firostefani

Been to Alexander's Boutique Hotel of Oia? Share your experiences!