I don't usually write bad reviews and was going to avoid giving one for this hotel, however 4 months after we stayed there, we are STILL talking about this terrible place! From the outset there were numerous problems with our room including electrics that didn't work, no hairdryer and a problem with the shower which were never properly dealt with. The so called "charasmatic" owner didn't want to deal with it. Unfortunately he was too busy socialising with what appeared to be friends to bother with the problems of his guests. Other guests that we met also commented on his lack of interest and the fact that he was incapable of even acknowledging or greeting any of us when we were staying at HIS hotel! We have truly never experienced such a thing before especially in such a small hotel - this was one of the reasons we booked to stay there. So please do not believe what you read about getting all this star treatment from the owner, we didn't see any of it and other guests commented on the same thing! The other most disconcerting situation was how the owner was regularly screaming and yelling at his staff in public, we even witnessed him yelling from the reception area across the cliff face to a member of staff in the laundry area, which is quite some distance! This really didn't make for a relaxed atmosphere and was thoroughly embarrassing to watch. We really wish we had done our research before booking to stay at this hotel. Unfortunately our vacation was ruined as a result and this place is expensive for what you get. There are certainly better hotels out there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxury, elegance, intimacy, breathtaking views of the caldera...Alexander’s is a boutique hotel consisting of suites, cave villas and cave houses all named after precious and semi-precious stones, according to Cycladic architecture. We are a hotel with less steps. We have been recommended by the New York Times, the Independent and the Daily Telegraph. Our hotel was the main location of the film “Thira.” Special occasions are magical when held at Alexander’s. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Agoda, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Alexander's Boutique Hotel of Oia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alexanders Boutique Hotel Oia
- Alexanders Boutique Oia
- Alexander's Boutique Hotel Of Oia Santorini