“Good honeymoon”
Review of Oia Mare Villas

Oia Mare Villas
Ranked #2 of 34 Oia B&B and Inns
Reviewed 27 May 2014

The staff there were really friendly and hospitable. They arranged a car to pick us up in Fira and helped us with luggage. The swimming pool was so beautiful at night. The only problem is that it is not a good place for sea view and sunset.

1  Thank Mengdi Y
OiaMare, Υπεύθυνος Σχέσεων με Πελάτες at Oia Mare Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2014

Thank you for the wonderful review and sterling endorsement of Oia Mare Villas ,

Reviewed 26 May 2014

We visited Santorini for my 50th birthday celebration. I chose this hotel based on the style of rooms, the views, the luxury of something so different - and it didn't disappoint! We had an amazing few days there, the cave rooms and shower cubicle were perfect, we opened the shutters to a spectacular view of the volcanic crater and ocean. It was so quiet on our sun terrace and with the beautiful view it was hard to leave to go exploring. The pool and breakfast area were lovely, such a nice leisurely breakfast with ocean views. The staff were very helpful and attentive we couldn't have asked for more. If you're looking for a special treat or luxury this is the place! We can't wait for the chance to go back.

Room Tip: Ask for a sunset view room
4  Thank Christine H

Thank you for the wonderful endorsement of our hotel and staff. Your views and descriptions help us continue to provide an excellent level of service.

Reviewed 18 May 2014

This place had wow factor from the moment you saw it!
When I booked with Oia Mare, I immediately received an email full of information, signed "we are waiting for you in Oia". I felt welcomed already and my anticipation grew! I booked the transfer service they recommended, and was happy I did - having never been in Santorini, I'm not sure I would have found this place on my own. After checking in at the Best Western which they have partnered with due to location, the porter for Oia Mare met me and showed me the rest of the way.
The hotel itself is stunning. It was very clean, and so peaceful. My room was more than I could have imagined having booked a single (room 112) - it was located above the pool and breakfast cave, with a north facing door and west facing balcony. The first room was a kitchenette, then there were two stairs into the bedroom which had a very comfortable double bed. Off the kitchenette was a cave-style bathroom. It was so quiet, you could only hear the waves lapping the shore of Amoudi Bay, or the bells as the donkeys went up and down the stairs.
There was a continental breakfast each morning which I really enjoyed. The first day it was a selection of cheeses, ham, eggs, bread, jams (try the blackberry!), cereals, fruit, etc. The second day there was a potato salad that was heavenly, and a few other items I hadn't seen the day before.
Service at the hotel was great, they will coordinate anything you need and were warm and friendly.
If you're staying at Oia Mare, there's really no need to leave to watch the sun set either - you're already in a perfect location! I will definitely stay here again if I return to Santorini.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank mullhol
OiaMare, Υπεύθυνος Σχέσεων με Πελάτες at Oia Mare Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2014

Thank you for the vote of confidence and your carefully chosen words to describe
Oia Mare Villas. Our whole staff is grateful.

Reviewed 17 May 2014

This was a truly unique hotel built into the cliff with incredible views. The breakfast was suprisingly tasty and the service top-notch. I would recommend an airport pickup as check-in is actually at a Best Western that is not easy to find. I was surprised to see a charge of 100 euros on my credit card statement in addition to the 4 night room rate. I had to email to inquire about the charge and was informed that the 100 euro charge was for 6 towels which were stained with makeup. I've never been charged for damaged towels in the past so this was a bit of a shocker.

1  Thank Joseph K

Dear sir Joseph ,
We would like to thank you for your kind and honest comments
which will indeed help us provide better service, but also help fellow tripadvisor users.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

Only had one night and wanted another month! Unique boutique hotel on side of the cliff, close to the caldera - THE place to view the sunset. Staff was warm and welcoming, loved the views from all over and easy access to Amoundi Bay too.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank michelle g

From every single member of the Oia Mare Villas staff, a big and heartfelt thank you for your great description of our hotel and the way we choose to provide our guests with a relaxing stay at a beautiful location.

Reviewed 12 May 2014

I spent a week at Oia Mare Villas in April and it was just perfect! The staff were exceptionally helpful, polite and friendly! We were made to feel very much at home. The room was extremely comfortable and more than enough space for all 3 of us. The location was spectacular and we were able to watch the stunning Oia sunsets without having to leave our sundeck. It’s a bit of trek up and down the stairs so if you have mobility issues it might not be the place for you, but I could have stayed a month. Will absolutely be back and highly recommend Oia Mare Villa’s . Thank you to the staff for making my stay so wonderful!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Vix C

Reviewed 6 May 2014

Of course the best thing about this hotel is location. You cant find better place to stay! We got the cava that is super cool. Dont expect super luxe .. but you will find a lot of charm for sure. The room in the cava is big, nice.. confort is ok... staff is nice.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank JanainaBuccioli
OiaMare, Υπεύθυνος Σχέσεων με Πελάτες at Oia Mare Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2014