“Beautiful Cave House Managed By a Lovely Women!”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Aspyn and Parker got engaged in the BLUE & WHITE Cave House
1st bathroom
1st bathroom
Private hot tub  with sunset view at your disposal just 3 minutes away from home!
Oia's sunset from SANTORINI PARADISE reception terrace. You are invited for wine & meze on the house
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Jessica A
Bacoli, Italy
“Beautiful Cave House Managed By a Lovely Women!”
Reviewed 28 April 2014 for a stay in April 2014
person found this review helpful

My husband and I were touring Santorini with my parents and booked the Blue and White Cave House for our stay. I looked at nearly 50 apartments in Oia before booking, as I wanted to make sure we would have an amazing view. We were not disappointed! It was like a postcard! The little bell tower right in front is such a special addition to the already outstanding Caldera view! We were there on a shoulder season, but there was still a young couple who came to take their picture on the bell tower (like the profile picture for the cave house)...I get the feeling that is a common place for photographers:) The house was very comfortable! We had everything we needed! The location is perfect! You are walking distance to all of the restaurants in Oia and 5 minutes from the Castle ruins where everyone goes to watch the legendary sunset. The sunset was beautiful even from the terrace of the house, whereas instead of watching the sun disappear into the sea, you watch the colors of the white houses turn pink and gold! We absolutely loved Oia and my husband and I even hiked from Oia to Fira one day (the path is near to the house). After 1 hour in Fira, we couldn't wait to get back to Oia and away from the throng of tourists! Constantina and Stavros, the couple who delivered breakfast, replenished towels, and tidied up for us, were such a welcoming and friendly couple! We ordered Constantina's special breakfast one morning and it was delicious! And Stavros ran up and down the walkways, insisting on helping us with our bags and helping us with our car rental! Maria, the house manager, was a dream to deal with also! We were blown away by how genuine and sweet she is! Throughout our stay, she would check in with us to make sure everything was ok and she was consistently making excellent recommendations on what to do/see. We were there over Easter and she even invited us to celebrate Easter with her to see the traditional Greek lamb roast! Unfortunately, we were flying out that morning, so we had to pass, but Maria even sent us pictures after! On our last night, she sat with us for over an hour, sharing a glass of wine and watching the sunset on the terrace! She mentioned how the apartment was decorated with her art, which we were very impressed by. She met us at the airport on our last day with hand-made lace doilies as parting gifts! Not only was Maria such a pleasant hostess, but she was so organized and helpful in preparing for the trip! She sent me quite a bit of information on the house, on Oia, on Santorini, on attractions and places to eat, and even information on Athens (which we toured before going to Santorini)! I have always loved the Greek people for their hospitality and friendliness, but Maria, Stavros, and Constantina went above and beyond! You will not be disappointed by your stay here! Maria told us about an apartment she is building with a hottub looking out over the sunset spot...hopefully we can make it back to check out that one:)

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The stunning views and first rate staff!
Liked least: Having to leave!
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
Amber H
California
“Beautiful Santorini”
Reviewed 11 September 2013 for a stay in July 2013

Our family stayed in Blue and White for 3 nights in July 2013. My friends stayed in Greek Paradise which was also owned by Maria. We loved our cave house. It was clean and comfortable, except the double/ queen bed is kind of small for me and my husband because we used to sleep in a king bed. Maria was very helpful and patient. She brought us some Greek desserts and fruits. We loved the sweet red wine she offered. We cooked our breakfast every morning, then started our activities. After the tours, we just stayed in the cave house and enjoyed the wine. The cave house was very closed to Oia main street, but with lots of stairs. If you are traveling with babies or young toddlers, it will be a problem. The view from the house is amazing day and night, and I think this is the best place for a relaxing vacation. I will stay in Maria cave house again if I have chance to visit Santorini.

Liked best: the view

Reviewed 18 April 2013 for a stay in March 2013

A romantic getaway
Julia B
Basingstoke, United Kingdom
“Absolutely amazing holiday in the most beautiful location”
Reviewed 29 September 2012 for a stay in September 2012
people found this review helpful

My partner and I decided that we would take a well earned holiday, and our first holiday abroad in many years. After much research, on hotels/rentals and reviews, we decided to choose one of Maria's properties. The one we initially enquired about was already booked up, but Maria was very kind in sending us photos of this beautiful cave house which was newly available. We were not disappointed, this property has the most wonderful, uninterrupted views of the caldera, is romantic, quite secluded and peaceful, clean and lovely inside. The private patio was wonderful, and we enjoyed many candle lit meals out there, watching the sea and the boats drifting by. We also had an excellent service from Miranda, who came by every morning with wonderful breakfast treats for us, and every day made the beds, and tidied whilst we were out. I would recommend staying in one of Maria's houses to all of our friends, Maria is a very welcoming and warm host, and her properties are stunning.

Maria recommended places to visit, eat and drink in Oia and also in other locations on the island. Following her advice we ate at Ochre restaurant, which is near to the windmills and the swimming pool, and has wonderful views out over the sea, perfect to watch the famous sunset with a loved one. As we took along Maria's card we were also offered a great bottle of Santorinian wine to enjoy with our meal.

We took a boat trip out to the volcano and swam in hot springs, visited Therassia and also snorkled in the crystal clear waters of Ammoudi Bay. To visit other towns on the island, we decided to take the local buses, and found them very comfortable (coaches). It is very easy to get about once you know to go to Fira from Oia on the bus, and you can go to everywhere else from Fira bus station. The fare is also only 1.60 euro for most single tickets.

Everyone we met was incredibly friendly and helpful, there was plenty to see and do on our 7 night trip, and we would definitely recommend visiting the ancient ruins of Thira, and also Ancient Aktrotiri and the nearby red beach (requires some rock climbing along the pathway)

We would definitely visit Santorini again, and would love to stay in one of Maria's houses again in the future, highly recommend staying with Maria to anyone who wants an special, and unique stay on this beautiful island. Oia is definitely the jewel in the crown on the island, and is absolutely stunning. Going out in the evenings is wonderful as the streets are a little quieter, the shops stay open until around 11pm, and you can amble up to the castle and look out across the island.

Absolutely magical holiday - missing the island already! Thank you Maria for making our stay so comfortable and well informed.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The private patio with it's stunning views out over the Caldera
Liked least: Loved it all
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 25-34
Friends getaway
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing