“"Food: Great. Service: Could do better! " ”
Review of Mezzo Cafe

Mezzo Cafe
Ranked #50 of 94 Restaurants in Oia
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

Having been turned away from the restaurant we had researched on Tripadvisor - we should have booked - we ended up at the Mezzo cafe. We ordered three main meals a large bottle of water and soft drink. The tall redhead waitress took the order but made no attempt to engage with us. The meals came quickly and to be honest were wonderful. My chicken souvlakia was tender and succulent. The fries were perfect and the Greek salad was delicious not to mention the tzaziki yum yum! All this with bread for €35. Perfect food just need to work on the customer service.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

We were blown away by this place and showed up twice without a reservation and were given the best seat in the house with a gorgeous view of the sunset. The sunset from the restaurant was better than the one we saw in Oia with more dramatic landscape in sight. The food was exceptional- lamb shank deliciously flavored & perfectly cooked, orzo seafood dish, appetizers, etc. It was so delicious the first night that we went back for more and were delighted with everything we ordered. Great place

1  Thank StellaD47
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Good views and good spot to stop. It can get really busy. The cafe was showing the soccer so it became quite a hive of activity around game times.

1  Thank AMD333
Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

Worst customer service my husband and I have had in a Greece. The worker, tall lady was unapproachable and not friendly. I ordered a bacon baguette which a tuna one came out to which I was told when I asked, 'well I heard tuna'. She did not offer me any other alternative and I had no choice but to eat it! In all my years in hospitality before I got my 'real' job, I've never heard that told to a customer. I would not recommend this place at all. Plenty of other nicer places in Oia.

Reviewed 22 June 2014

The restaurant is split over three levels and is the perfect place to watch the sunset over the Oia Peninsula. The food is very good with a particular recommendation for the Moussaka which was one of the best we have tasted on the trip. The time between course was quite quick so I guess if you want to linger in the restaurant you should tell them when you are ordering. Still one to visit if passing through or staying in Imerovigili.