“That's how vacation should feel!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Oia Collection Suites and Villas

Oia Collection Suites and Villas
Ranked #16 of 35 Oia B&B and Inns
Utrecht, The Netherlands
“That's how vacation should feel!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2013

We stayed at the Oia collection for 4 nights in August 2013.
Although it was our 7th time on the island and we thought we have seen the best of it, to our surprise Oia Collection had even more to offer. We were usually staying in Fira, but this year decided to explore more of the island. Oia was magnificent and our choice of stay was exactly what we were looking for! The views from our villa and the privacy and relaxing atmosphere were priceless.

We had no problem with checking in or out and even got some really nice suggestions for restaurants, which we really enjoyed.

In the end it all comes down to value for money, and Oia collection was the value we were looking for. Nice and clean environment, exactly the way we expected it to be.
The Manager was very consistent in what was initially agreed when booking the villa so there were no surprises there for us. She was kind enough to arrange some dinner reservations for us in some of the best restaurants on the island, which would be difficult to achieve at the last minute in high-season.

I can recommend Oia collection to 30+ couples that are looking for a quiet and relaxing time on one of the most beautiful places in the world!

Room Tip: The Grande Villa was our amazing room!
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Ioanna K

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
  • Greek first
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2013

Almost everyone that has stayed at this hotel now has been lied to in one fashion or another. Like everyone else on the reviews, I had ongoing communication with the hotel manager even up to 2 days before I was about to check in. I didn't want to fall into an overbooked situation or have to stay somewhere else so I had confirmed months and weeks in advance by calling. The day I arrived into Oia, and you're suppose to call her as soon as you reach the post office, she tells us that she made a mistake and that she overbooked and the rooms were not available. Mind you there was 4 of us, and we booked 2 rooms the petit house and the lovers house!! She told us very sorry and apologized and told us that we will stay somewhere else just for the 1st night and we'll be able to move in the next day and that we would be refunded. We really didnt have much choice so we waited for finally, "Zac" to arrive. And by the way, we all thought "Zac" was part of Oia Collection but in fact he is the hotel manager for "Zoe Houses" and it's a value stay apartment for a quarter of what we were actually paying for one night at oia collection. They crammed the 4 of us in one apartment house at the Zoe House! Imagine if the 4 of us weren't friends or something?!!! Would you have to bunk with strangers?!!!

The next day we finally moved into our room but Antigone made us wait until proper check in time and we only had 3 full days at Santorini, so we weren't going to wait around so that we could Check in. We were really looking forward to just relaxing, no hassle and we had to deal with this. Honestly, I think they are running a scam, oia collection collects more money, they overbook so they can receive double the amount and then they have these vacancies with nearby affiliate locations (pay a little to shut the affiliates up) and lets them stay there for a night. Till now I have yet to see our refund!! Its definitely buyers beware situation. I thought possibly it wouldn't happen to me .... Boy was I wrong! I would pay anything more not to be scammed at.

I would never stay at this place or recommend anyone to stay here. Plenty of other places to stay... Canaves is great ad so is art maison.

• Stayed June 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
8 Thank Loloi3
Andy_Ge0rge, Manager at Oia Collection Suites and Villas, responded to this review, 21 July 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your feedback.

It would be great if we could also share the story of your accomodation.

First of all we accept and we are terribly sorry for the overbooking situation.Unfortunately this is something that happens in small properties like ours.

To begin with at your first day you arrived at Oia around 21:30 at night. That means that you almost lost your day already. We offered you a night at Zoes Houses FOR FREE-WITHOUT CHARGE because the overbooking was our fault and we always take care of our Guests.I am sure you received your refund already from your travel agency.

We allocated you all together since you were friends in a very big room not a small as you mention. Everybody can see that room in Zoe Houses website. We would never allocated you all together if you were not friends my dear! It is funny to say somethig like that.

The next day you called us around 09:00 and you told us that you wish to go to the beach and that you would return fot check in around 17:00 o clock. I will remind you becaused we talked together that you asked me if it would be a problem to come back late at evening for check in and i told you that there is no problem. After around one hour you called back again and you demanded to check in at the same moment. Your plans changed as i could see because it is hard for young people travelling as friend to make a schedule. We explained you that we will need around 1 hour to fix your rooms and we agreed that you could come and sit on the balcony enjoying our views up to the time our maid would have the room ready.

Regarding this comment: " I think they are running a scam, oia collection collects more money, they overbook so they can receive double the amount and then they have these vacancies with nearby affiliate locations (pay a little to shut the affiliates up) and lets them stay there for a night. Till now I have yet to see our refund!! Its definitely buyers beware situation. I thought possibly it wouldn't happen to me .... Boy was I wrong! I would pay anything more not to be scammed at." That point makes me laugh!! You are far away from the truth and i could use our legal rights against you but i will not because there is no point in that When an overbooking occures we pay from our pocket all t time and our property is damaged my dear! In your case for example we normally paid your accomodation to Zoe and you did not paid aything for your first night! How i could make profit from your overbooking when we did not received any money for that night??? You paid to us only the accomodation to our Villas ( that means we received money for 3 days not for 4 as your booking). You see how funny is to claim something like that???

Lastly now regarding your reccomendation for Canaves i want to say that Canaves is a great Hotel. We are not a hotel and we are not advertised as Hotel. We are private villas that is why you paid to us only 280 euros for Lovers House which is spacious, luxury decorated Suite and offers outdoor jacuzzi and great sunset views. With 280 euros in Canaves Hotel , i do not believe that you could take not even their standard Double.

Our policy is to offer low rates for our Houses,which are really great as location and style, since we do not offer all the Hotel services as we are not a Hotel. We offer daily cleaning service, bell boy and also a mobile phone from which you can call us for free for any assistance.

So i believe that we are fair enough and no cheaters at all as you claim.

Thank you once again for your feedback and for the chance you gave me to clear things out from our behalf.
Las Vegas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2013

I was excited to, finally, arrive in Santorini for my dream vacation. After all, the photos shown are pretty amazing - right? Buyer be ware. What you see in these photos is not what you actually get. I was given a much smaller room, that had no decor. It was far from 4-star, it was much more like 2 star. 'Zac' was the individual who was supposed to be running the hotel. When I arrived, there was noone there to greet me. In fact, I had to go to another hotel and get them to call him. However, he didn't answer for 30 minutes. I was lost in Oia Santorini, with no clue where the hotel was. He finally comes to meet me. FACTS ABOUT THE STAY: There was never a person at the front desk - all week. Wi-fi didn't work, unless I sat outside. They claim that there is a pool (funny part), you actually have to walk almost 8 blocks to get to a public pool. When I asked about it, Zac sadi, well "you can just buy a drink or something and they'll let you stay there all day." The mattress was so cheap/hard that it felt like an old college dorm room. Upon check-out, nobody was there ... and I had to lug my bags up the steep Santorini steps at 5 a.m. These people have no clue what 4-star is or the word "service". This hotel stay was supposed to be the highlight of my several week trip in Europe. Instead, it was the worst part. DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY AT OIA COLLECTION. I looked all around Oia, if you want great service with the best location stay at Andronis Luxury Suites.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
6 Thank snd881411
Port Melbourne
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 December 2012

I unfortunately can't rate the facility, as we never actually got to see it, but I can rate Oia Collections (and Antigone) as a company for which I would provide the worst possible rating. We booked at Oia Collections and had regular contact with Antgone in the lead up to arriving (including emailing from Athens the day before arrival).

Upon arriving in Santorini there was nobody there to greet us. I finally managed to get a hold of Antigone who advised she had us coming in tomorrow (start of the lies). We weare also advised there was some bad news in that she had double booked as she expected us in the next day. After eventually being picked up, we were driven around for over an hour and given no information as to what was happening. Eventually we were dropped at another of Antigone's facilities in Imerovigli, where we were coerced to stay. It was a nice enough place, but we booked in Oia as that is where we wanted to be (and there is absolutely nothing in Imerovigli).

To cut a long story short, we were eventually told the place we had booked in Oia would not be available for any of our time on the island. We cut our losses and were lucky enough to book ourselves into Oia Suites (absolutely fantastic - and the service was brilliant). And to top of our Oia Collection/Antigone adventure, we have only just received the balance of our refund - some 10 weeks after returning from our trip. Without regularly emailing and calling, I have no doubt we would not have seen the money.

While I;m sure the actual facility is very nice, be wary when booking through Oia Collections as they seem to book without care and attempt to shuffle people around when over-bookings occur. Antigone will tell you what you want to hear, but be wary as I found her to be dishonest.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
14 Thank AGL77
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2012

What an incredible spot! It's true - this is where everyone gathers to get the best view of the sunset, and we had our own terrace to enjoy it from. Many a breathless tourist asked "Do you live here?" We answered no, and then gave them the name of the place and the owner. Many people should know about this spot, as it is a somewhat-hidden gem. One of the Collection's traditional cave homes, our spot was just a few steps from the castle and about 10 feet away from the restaurant next door. Our host, Dimitri, was helpful and kind and supplied above and beyond the amenities we were looking for. He even stocked our fridge with bottled water and local Santorini wine! The space was spartan yet comfortable, and beautifully appointed with ceramic light fixtures and minimal, tasteful art. Exceptionally clean, nicely fragrant, and cozy. Also available were an espresso machine for morning coffee, a great collection of music, and a television which we never even switched on. The view from the front door - impeccable! This place was priceless, and we kept saying over and over during our trip that we got the BEST spot in Oia to stay. Thank you Dimitri! We will treasure our memories from our stay in Oia.

Room Tip: Stay in Dimitri's house. It is perfect.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank AnnieGunn
Basel, Switzerland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2012

We stayed 2 nights at the Lovers House, a beautiful cave apartment with charming decoration, equipped kitchen and bathroom. In fact, we had booked 3 nights, but when we arrived in the evening, we were told there was a problem with the booking, and the Lovers House was occupied. We stayed in the smaller blue cave apartment in the first night, and were promised that this first night would not be charged. 14 days later, we still do not know if the money will indeed be refunded. The location is in the charming older part of Oia at the northern tip, where the sunset is in its most glorious setting - therefore it also becomes extremely crouwded during this time, with tourists coming from all over the island and gathering to take pictures. The service was faulty: a breakfast basket with bread, cakes and yogurt was brought in the second morning at 10am, instead of 9am as promised, which forced us to change our plans for the day. Coffee, sugar and milk or juice were not part of it, and we had not been made aware that we should take care of that part on our own. The price paid should have included a dinner at a sister hotel, but was not offered to us. Finally, in the last day we informed we would be leaving at 1pm (and this seemed to be OK for the staff), but were basically thrown out of the appartment at noon, because a potential next customer (that finally did not stay)wanted to see the rooms. If the prolems with service quality and reliaility can be solved in the future, it can become a great location!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Everson N
Heraklio, Greece
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 September 2012

The oia collection houses are located right at the spot where everyone gathers to see the sunset. The rooms are nicely decorated and the service is very friendly. Antigoni is the heart of the buisness and lets guests feel as if they are friends visiting over.Bed quality is also excellent, something not always found in hotels in greece.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple