All reviewsinfinity poolcave houseboutique hotelevery morningour honeymoonprivate terracegreek yogurtromantic dinnerhot tubthe cliffthe main streetsteep stairsfresh fruitcarried our bagspleasure of stayingsmall hotelunforgettable experience
Reviewed 14 October 2013 via mobile

I can't say enough good things about this place. The views from the hotel are stunning and the family that run it are exceptionally warm, friendly and considerate. It's not often you find a place where you feel that you have complete privacy and also feel so well taken care of at the same time. Breakfast on your balcony overlooking the Caldera is a quiet, peaceful 5 star experience. My wife and I stayed here for 5 days in the Mentha room in October. It's a perfect time to come here. The tourist season was almost over, the weather was perfect - warm days and cool nights. I would recommend this place over and over again. It's become one of our favorite places in the world -romantic and unforgettable. This was one of the best vacations of our lives.

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed 11 October 2013

I spent 3 nights at Pezoules and didn't want to leave! The breathtaking views of the Caldera, gorgeous accommodation & warm, family-run atmosphere has resulted in a fantastic boutique hotel which will makes you feel happy and relaxed from the minute you arrive. I really enjoyed the spacious and airy Valeriana House and its great, relaxing terrace. Finally, the delicious breakfast, with two excellent, well-sized variations to choose from, was ideal, signaling the start to a great day ahead.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Athinais A
Reviewed 11 October 2013

Gosh, I don’t believe I just stayed in this dreamlike small but extremely beautiful hotel in the town Oia of Santorini. Every moment I spent here is unforgettable, to be wholly honest.

Location:
Awesome to a 100% degree!!! The first second I stepped near my chosen room (Cave House by the name of Mentha, which means “Mint”), I burst out a loud WOW!!!!! In front of my naked eyes there lies a Zillion-dollar view of the vast Aegean Sea which blinks peacefully under the sun. The sailboats, the seagulls (not many), the hills and caldera, the cliffs, the surrounds and everything else worked such great wonders all in here. I knew for sure that I chose the RIGHT place to stay in Oia. You will never, ever, regret having chosen here as your accommodation.

Room:
The Cave House (No.7, Mentha by name) is bang under the smallish but extremely pretty swimming pool (this is a very good sign for me who hails from a Cantonese culture wherein water means wealth). The little balcony (but spacious enough) is my favorite place to linger since it offers two chairs and a parasol. So just sitting here is whole bliss and pleasure, and you need do nothing but watch the vast ocean. I was rendered speechless throughout my stay: it is unbelievably and hurtfully beautiful, though I am a person known to be choosy and picky.

Facilities:
This hotel has only 6 rooms. On most levels (its name, Pezoules, means “Levels”) there is only one room, so you have all the view to YOURSELF. The pool area has four stylish, chic chairs to sit on, enjoying some fruit juices and cocktails in all peacefulness. The bartender and bellboy are very pleasant and responsive, answering all my questions about the local area. You would willingly spend some time in the picture-perfect setting available in the bar area.

Food:
I ordered a room service in the evening and the bartender was so considerate that he placed it on the round table and also put two glass lamps (with burning candles inside) by the table. So the evening dinner was made a true highlight. The nightly breeze, the dim moonlight, the tasty food and the pretty lighting around you are altogether making for an unbeatable experience suggestive of one word: Romance. The breakfast turned out to be even more wonderful: they offered home-made pie (maddeningly yummy!!!) and warm bread (also home-made!!!). Sitting on the little but dreamlike balcony and eating a brekkie became my most unforgettable stay in all these years’ intensive world travels, telling you the truth.

Design:
I had a strong urge to meet the designer of this dreamlike property. Luckily, I met the property’ owner couple, Dimitri and Mirella. The gentleman is so nice and his wife, Mirella, is a whole breeze. Through the talking I learned that they spent 4 or 5 years in making their dream property look like now from scratch. It was so touching because you can imagine how many efforts they have put in here (the island is alive for only half a year in each calendar year, since in winter months it is rainy and most hotels are closed except for construction workers and maintenance specialists left). As a world traveler, I MUST stay that this couple is so much worth my RESPECT and it is THEM who made my holiday so wonderful and my every wish satisfied. Thanks a zillion, Dimitri and Mirella.

Bed extremely comfy. Lamps artistic. Sanitary ware of sound quality. Doors, chairs, sofa, air-conditioner and furniture all carefully selected and fully functional. Bathrobe skin-friendly and snowy white. Slippers big enough for taller men. Bathroom absolutely chic and adorable with a hard-to-ignore view even!

Services:
The comely receptionist girl, Ioli, impressed me in every round of communications we had prior to my stay. She answered my questions efficiently and cared about my travel connections and ground transfers proactively. With her assistance, the whole stay was made a huge success. And the bellboy, who is like an Italian super model but hails from Bulgaria actually, is a great help with my heavy luggage, all smiles style. And the bartender, who is also gorgeously smiley, took care of my drinking and eating requests smartly and with efficiency.

I am sure this very new property (only 5 months old as of this writing) will boil down to be a HUGE stat among so many top properties in Oia.

Stay here and you will be thankful of my this very recommendation, I PROMISE.

Room Tip: Any of the six!!!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
10  Thank Duncan J
Reviewed 10 October 2013

My wife and I recently spent 5 nights at Pezoules and it was absolutely perfect in every respect. The rooms and pool are stunning and the service from Dimitri, his family and his staff was impeccable. We highly recommend you stay here....you won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: The lowest room has the most privacy...but don't worry about room selection as they are all fantastic. No bad choices.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Andrew B
Reviewed 9 October 2013

My wife and I found Pezoules on the internet and thought it looked amazing. However, we ended up visiting Santorini on a cruise so we could not stay at the hotel. We emailed the hotel and explained the situation and asked if we could come and spend the afternoon at the hotel's infinity pool, thinking they would understandably say no. Well to our surprise, they agreed to let us come visit for the afternoon. When we finally arrived, the owner came to the door to welcome us, he gave us full use of the infinity pool area and bar, and really treated us like family. Pezoules is absolutely wonderful and the setting will take your breath away. The owner, staff, amenities, food, drinks, and service were absolutely spectacular. I have nothing but praise to give this place and the people who run it!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple