“Best Gelato in Europe”

Ranked #1 of 7 Dessert in Oia
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Reviewed 28 October 2013

We were taken to Lolita's by a local while in Santorini and he had told us he had eaten gelato all over Europe and this was the best. I told the owner that I hear he made the best gelato in Europe and he told me I would have to try it to decide for myself. I tasted the Baklava which was delicious but after my husband taste the dark chocolate, I decided to give it a try. It was beyond amazing. So that was what I had. The gelato was smooth, and rich, but the flavor was better than any chocolate that I have tasted in six continents and as far as gelato nothing is even in the same ball park. It was a beautiful day in Oia but the gelato made it even better.

By the way the owner is looking for a wife. He has a notice on the chalkboard: I make gelato will you marry me?

3  Thank Kathy G
Write a ReviewReviews (1,632)

Reviewed 20 October 2013

Once you tried Lolita's gelato, they spoilt your taste buds and you couldn't eat the other gelato sold in Fira anymore. More sugary. They are not the same. When you are in Oia, it's a must stop! I went for Baklava flavor twice!

Reviewed 15 October 2013

Lolita's almost ruined our holiday. We had their gelato on our very first day... and from that point on I could eat nothing else.

Definitely have the Baklava flavor. Well... have them all but have the baklava twice.

1  Thank GrantPaul
Reviewed 14 October 2013

When you tire of the crowds on the main promenade of Oia, navigate the maze of walkways and make a stop at Lolita's. We came here three days in a row! The owner went to "Gelato University" in Italy, and he learned well, because this is the best gelato I've ever tasted. It's creamy and bursting with flavor. My go to flavors were hazelnut and pistachio, but I tried samples of others, and they were all delicious. The service is friendly, and they are happy to let you try as many samples as you like. It's also nice that they're open late, because you'll want to make this your dessert stop after dinner.

Also note that signs in the shop indicate that the owner is looking for a wife, and he's kind of cute. And who wouldn't want to marry a gelato maker?

2  Thank Anita E
Reviewed 12 October 2013

I had seen the reviews and agree that you can't call this a 'Restaurant' and Rank it as 'so popular', considering there are so many really good restaurants in Oia to satisfy hunger. My Sister and I found this place by chance and were not disappointed. The blueberry gelato was lovely and refreshing on a hot day, but quite pricey, considering the location. We had other ice creams on our trip and again they were also refreshing and served their purpose.