“Million Dollar View...moderate prices”

218 Degrees Cafe Restaurant
Ranked #31 of 99 Restaurants in Oia
Cuisines: Greek, Mediterranean
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 22 October 2018

The view is stunning from any seat in 218, the prices are very moderate for this prestige location in Oia.
Food is excellent. I had the sea bream, my wife had the clubhouse sandwich, both were well prepared. We also enjoyed a local bottle of white wine. Staff were and attentive.

Reviewed 22 October 2018

We wanted a place to sip wine and enjoy an appetizer for lunch. This place was chosen because it was off the main path and had an amazing view of the cauldron. After reviewing the wine list, a bottle of Estate Argyros Mavrotragano was chosen. It is a reasonable priced rare local red wine. They served the wine with some nuts for us to enjoy. The wine was so amazing we ordered another bottle with appetizers of baked feta cheese and a desert of greek yogurt and honey topped with chopped pecans. Yummy! After reading other reviews, we did not have the same experience of slow service. However, we were not in a rush and we got their attention when we needed service . They staff does not hover of you which is nice when enjoying a vacation. Get their early, sit on the second level and relax with wine, appetizers and a view.

Reviewed 10 October 2018 via mobile

The view was amazing we sat the edge overlooking the Caldera. I ordered a beer and water. The service is not that great..

Took about 4-5 mins to get any sort of attention (mind you there was only one other couple in the terrace with us). After ordering it took about 5-7 mins to get my drinks. In the 45 mins we sat there the waiters did not approach us to ask how we were doing. I asked for an ash tray and the waiter gave me a snob look and gave me one. I didn’t feel the hospitality from these waiters as I did from a number of other restaurants on the Oia strip.

Anyways I wouldn’t go back because the service was poor, and the beer is over priced. 7.5eu for a 12oz beer.

Reviewed 9 October 2018

We went here to have a romantic dinner. The views were spectacular, but the same can be said of a lot of Oia. The service was great and friendly.

Reviewed 9 October 2018

We stumbled upon this place late one night looking for a meal. This looked like it was over two floors and we headed downstairs to where it was a little busier. Well the view was just magnificent – you could see all over the side of Oia, just beautiful all lit up at night. We were greeted with a warm welcome and my boyfriend managed to snaffle the best seat in the house as I was preoccupied with a local kitty! I had filo parcels to start and my boyfriend had the pitta with hummus. What arrived was gigantic portions that we ended up sharing – they were enough for a main alone! For the main I had moussaka and my partner had pork. Again, massive portions and very tasty. Could not fault it one bit. The waitress was very friendly with big smiles and the wine was delicious. I would not hesitate to go again and I would certainly recommend this place.

Date of visit: August 2018