Esperas Santorini
Book now, pay at stay
US$926
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Oia's Sunset Apartments(Oia)(Great Value!)
Book now, pay at stay
US$224
  • Pool
Caldera Villas(Oia)(Great Value!)
US$493
US$988
US$789
Savings alert! 30% below average rates

The price you found is 30% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$1,132/night.

US$1,530
US$1,058
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$1,342/night.

Laokasti Villas(Oia)(Great Value!)
US$350
US$313
US$1,895
US$1,513
VIP Suites(Oia)(Great Value!)
US$198
Savings alert! 31% below average rates

The price you found is 31% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$288/night.

US$1,023
US$818
Priceline
US$523
Savings alert! 40% below average rates

The price you found is 40% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$868/night.

All reviewsour honeymoonprivate balconysunset viewfront rowthe cliffthe hotel staffamoudi baywatch the sunsetevery morningwonderful hotelamazing viewsfamous sunsetbreakfast deliveredsteep stepscarried our bagsevery eveningthe entire staff
Reviewed 22 May 2011

We were fortunate enough to stay at this special hotel for six nights in May. The whole experience was amazing- the charming cave house with a fabulous view of the caldera and sunset, the welcoming friendly staff and great location. The room was incredibly clean and well maintained. The staff went out of their way to be sure we had everything we needed. The pool was wonderful with plenty of lounge chairs for relaxation. The breakfast was delicious with a wide assortment of food. Oia is lovely with great restaurants, shops and spectacular views everywhere you looked. We would definitely stay here again

Room Tip: You could not go wrong with any of the rooms
1  Thank rcjcough
Reviewed 20 May 2011

Very accommodating and hospitable service. The owner picked us up at the airport and drove us back to the airport (for 30 Euros each way). There were a couple of minor problems in our room (shower head and hair dryer) and they were fixed immediately. The view is postcard perfect. We stayed in a junior suite which had two full baths, kitchen (limited cooking capability), bedroom, sitting area and loft. There was a patio area outside on which was located table and chairs and two lounges. The pool area lounging is quite extensive but the pool is not heated. A full breakfast is included in the room cost. They will take your tray out to the pool or other outside area for you. There is lunch service (not included) and a full bar.

However, if you have mobility problems, this is not the place for you. There are a multitude of steps in and out of the hotel and into the village proper. You do get a workout and maybe that's why we didn't gain any weight while there for 10 days!

Room Tip: Room rates jump starting in mid-May.
1  Thank MinooTravels
Reviewed 18 May 2011

Partner and I spent 2 nights at one of the studios. Upon arrival, we were received by the very sincere George at the port.

We were greeted and well taken care by the hospitable staff of Esperas especially the owners - Yvonne and George. Staff goes the extra mile to ensure our requests and demands were met not only with excellence but also with quality and value. As we required ferry tickets on the subsequent legs of our trip and accommodation was not booked, George kindly assisted to find the suitable ferry timings and accommodation and proceeded to collect our ferry tickets and got it hand-delivered.

Constantly greeted with a smile. Truly impressed at such service excellence and the care for the customers.

1  Thank IWalkISeeIWander
Reviewed 8 May 2011

Like many reviewers, I spent hours researching hotels before my husband and I chose Esperas for our honeymoon. Although it was at the top of our budget (even with a low-season) discount, it was worth every penny.

When we got out of our taxi and followed the Esperas staff carrying our luggage down the windy stone paths to the hotel, I was awestruck by the views. Esperas is located in a truly breathtaking location. I am a go-getter kind of traveler--I like to be active and see the sights. But you can sit on your private balcony at Esperas and still be "seeing the sights!" You will be hard pressed to find a better view anywhere else on the island.

Yvonne and the staff are friendly and helpful without being intrusive. Any negative comments seem insignificant when compared to how comfortable, clean, quiet and private our room was, and how great the staff was. Yes, I ran out of hot water twice, and it would have been nice to have a light outside our door when we were fumbling with our keys in the dark. But the important things: location, comfort, service and beauty, were all top notch.

A few other notes about our trip: We went in April, which we highly recommend if hot weather and lots of beach time are not a top priority for you. Although we had some chilly days with light rain, it was also quieter, less crowded and cheaper. We happened to be there for Greek Orthodox Easter, which was a rare treat, no matter how you identify religiously. We were moved by the hilltop village of Pyrgos lit up with lanterns on Good Friday, the midnight four course traditional meal in the early morning hours of Easter Sunday, and the constant church bells and fireworks all weekend. We also recommend renting a car and driving around the island. Esperas will put you in touch with George from Gem--best car rental service we've ever had. You will never get rental car service like this in the States! We also hiked the old path from Oia to Imerovigli, which took us about 2.5 hours. You could continue to Thira for a total of 4 hours.

If you are looking for a quiet, cozy hotel with unbeatable service and views that will stop you in your tracks, rest assured that Esperas will not disappoint.

Room Tip: Room 115: more steps but also more privacy
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ediejokin
Reviewed 4 May 2011

I have waited a long time to give a review like this. This hotel and its staff were a storybook finish to my 10 day vacation with my mom for her 60th in Europe. We spent a few days in Venice, Florence, Athens, and finally Oia, Santorini.

I scoured TA tirelessly to make sure that each hotel that I picked would work for my Mom. The hardest decision for me to make was on Santorini. I knew so little about the island and spent countless hours researching hotels/areas. Finally, I decided that Oia would be the perfect place and the Esperas would be the hotel of choice. And I couldn't be happier.

First of all, the manger, Yvonne, was so helpful in booking the room. I must have emailed her 20 times with questions to make sure that the room was perfect for us. She patiently explained every detail to me and helped to reserve a specific room that would fit our needs. The experience was personal months before I actually arrived.

Oia is an amazing place. The single word I would use to describe it is "Majestic". I live in Southern California, a beautiful place. But Oia is something out of a fairy tale. It's kind of like a Catalina Island on steroids. The views of the Caldera and surrounding islands cannot be described. The buildings themselves represent the epitome of Greek architecture that I expected to see with a natural beauty that I was not prepared for. Access to the area is mainly by foot and involves a lot of stairs which can be a challenge for some. But my mom is 60 and she loved it there, it was her favorite stop on our trip. The hotel actually has everything you need so even if you come and never leave the hotel property, you'll love every minute.

We booked one of the "Esperas House" rooms which came with two balconies overlooking the Caldera. The room had a downstairs with a kitchenette, desk, single bed, and a patio with 2 folding chairs, 2 sitting chairs, a table, and an umbrella, and the upstairs had a queen size bed, bathroom, and a private patio with chairs, a table, and an umbrella. My mom slept upstairs while I (a 6 foot tall 200lb guy) slept comfortably downstairs. Everything was perfect. The room was clean, bright, comfortable, and every time we left the beds seemed to be made again. We kept the window open almost the entire time. No matter where you stood in the house you had an amazing view, even the shower! We spent hours just sitting a looking at the Caldera.

If the room isn't enough, they have a wonderful spread for breakfast including juices, coffee, tea, fruits, pastries, breads, spreads, Greek yogurt, eggs, meats, and cheeses. I stuffed my face every day. And the food offered by the hotel is actually great and at reasonable prices. There's almost no reason to leave! Much of the time, my mom chose to just relax by the pool or on one of our balconies. I have a more active taste so I chose to explore the island and ancient Thira.

Oia is the more secluded, quiet, dreamy part of Sanotrini. But if you want to get some nightlife in, you still can. You can easily catch a bus or taxi to Fira and stay out all night if you want. It's actually easy to catch a taxi from the taxi stand in the center of the town (even at 330am) and it costs about 15 Euros to get to Oia. So you can stay in the most beautiful place you can imagine and still get your fix of nightlife if you want to.

There are plenty of shops, restaurants, and cafes in Oia to explore too. There's also a point where everyone comes to watch the sunset. It gets so crowded that people cant even fit! But lucky for us, our balconies gave us the same view with all of the privacy and comfort of our own room. We could even wave to the people huddled up on top of the point.

The staff at the hotel are amazing. They made the stay perfect. They wont let you carry anything...they really go the extra mile to make sure that you relax and enjoy your stay. They are wonderful people and genuinely happy to be there and that vibe makes all the difference. I can't thank them enough for making our trip so special. I can only hope that one day I get to see them all if I get the chance to go there again.

Do yourself a favor and save the headache of tireless research and reach out to Yvonne. You'll see what I mean and you'll be happy that you did. Safe travels.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family