This was a last stop for 6 of us after Athens, a Star Clipper cruise and then Santorini. The good news. Yvonne and George are great hosts. There is one guy who works like a dog carrying bags, serving up breakfast, taking your tray out and always with a smile. He works after a hard day here at Ochre restaurant in the evening. He was the only one we tipped & substantially at this hotel. we had a suite for 4 which was not as advertised. At $700 a night I expected the bedrooms to have a TV which they did not, only the living room. The suite had a full bathroom with shower and a w/c which was indeed a closet maybe 3 feet wide with a toilet and tiny sink. Housekeeping was non existent. Cleaning the toilets involved a quick flush and run and was lacking. Ar $700 a night I expect the sheets to be changed which they were not. Dirty items were left and not cleaned. The bathroom in this suite and our friends studio needed a complete and updated tile replacement, it was terrible. That's the bad news. I would still suggest staying here, the view is amazing and it is location, ;location, location. The breakfast is outstanding. We ate at Papagalos(not sunset view) for great Greek food. As mentioned Ochre is perfect for food/sunset. we ate one night on our patio with local foods, leftovers and wine. a mini market is 10 minutes walk. We chartered a 43 ft power boat with Santorini Sailing and our group said it was the highlight, great stops for swimming and a feast for lunch prepared by two lovely ladies and the able captain(and bbq king). If you want a gyro sandwich the place right next to the tourist office can't be beat, an outdoor patio and locals eat here. This place can be better than it's billed. maybe the reviewers don't get out much and it blew them away, I think currently a very good rating with needs improvement.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Esperas is a unique full service hotel that offers you the opportunity to experience the traditional cave houses of Santorini coupled with one of the most breathtaking views on the planet. A five minute walk from the center of the picturesque village of Oia, the complex is exclusively situated on the edge of a hanging cliff side (the Caldera), overlooking the breathtaking sunset and the volcanic rocks. An ambiance of comfort and relaxation is present throughout the 20 houses, complemented by traditional furniture and antique pieces. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, HotelsClick, Ebookers and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Esperas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Esperas Traditional Houses Hotel Oia
- Esperas Traditional Hotel
- Hotel Esperas Traditional
- Esperas Santorini/Oia