I only have wonderful thoughts about our stay here! Everything is not only as advertised, but above and beyond. Yvonne and her staff make a stay on Santorini what it should be: relaxing, comfortable, stressless and extremely enjoyable. We arrived at 11:30 p.m., and half expected some problems, but no, the porter was waiting for us at the gate. Be warned, if you have trouble with stairs, or don't think you would like to negotiate between 30 and 100 of them every day, don't come here or any other cliffside hotel. A nice quiet place, with a nice pool and terrace. The food is wonderful! At first glance, it might seem a bit expensive, but bear in mind, that each plate is enough to feed two people. Great pizza!
The bar prices are a little high, so you might want to stock up at a local minimarts. For example, a 330 ml bottle of Mythos beer is 5 euros, but you can buy 500 ml cans at the store for 1,70 euros. As our room had a small bar fridge, we stocked up on local fruit, wine and snacks.
Rooms are cleaned twice a day, which is unheard of. I suspect it might be because you can't flush toilet paper!
You can book tours at the desk with Yvonne, and she is very helpful in providing all kinds of info about the island, including bus schedules and charges, restaurant reservations, etc.
A word of advice: if you're looking for peace and quiet, don't stay in Fira! It's where the cruise ships let off their passengers, and it can get pretty packed. It is full of jewelry, clothing, shoe and souvenir shops, which do their best to get you to go in, especially the jewelry ones. Usually, the cruise people may make a two hour bus trip to Oia, but then they are off again. Stores are open from around 9:30 a.m. to 11 p.m. We shopped early, before the crowds and the heat set in.
And don't expect huge rooms, with all the amenities of a big chain. The price is location, location, location. The rooms are small, but more than adequate. The beds are super, the water pressure is great, lots of hot water, two burners, a sink and a small fridge in the room and two balconies. What more could you want. And honestly, how much time do you think you will be spending in there anyways?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Esperas is a unique full service hotel that offers you the opportunity to experience the traditional cave houses of Santorini coupled with one of the most breathtaking views on the planet. A five minute walk from the center of the picturesque village of Oia, the complex is exclusively situated on the edge of a hanging cliff side (the Caldera), overlooking the breathtaking sunset and the volcanic rocks. An ambiance of comfort and relaxation is present throughout the 20 houses, complemented by traditional furniture and antique pieces. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Odigeo, Agoda and Hotels.com so you can book your Esperas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Esperas Traditional Houses Hotel Oia
- Esperas Traditional Hotel
- Hotel Esperas Traditional
- Esperas Santorini/Oia