My husband and I stayed at Esperas for one leg of our honeymoon and it was beyond anything we could have hoped for. The staff was incredibly helpful and friendly, and went out of their way to make sure we had a wonderful stay. They really paid attention to detail, and when we arrived had a bottle of champagne chilling for us, and the bed decorated with balloons and a welcome note.
Our room overlooked the Caldera (all rooms there do) and watching the sunset was one of the most romantic things I have ever seen. They helped us book a sail boat tour and took care of all the details getting us to and from the port. Just thinking about it really makes me wish I was going back.
My only reservation was not about the hotel, but Oia itself. Do not go there looking for late night festivities. Things close down shortly after dinner, so we found ourselves looking for places to socialize. Otherwise, the trip was just amazing and I can't sing enough praises.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Esperas is a unique full service hotel that offers you the opportunity to experience the traditional cave houses of Santorini coupled with one of the most breathtaking views on the planet. A five minute walk from the center of the picturesque village of Oia, the complex is exclusively situated on the edge of a hanging cliff side (the Caldera), overlooking the breathtaking sunset and the volcanic rocks. An ambiance of comfort and relaxation is present throughout the 20 houses, complemented by traditional furniture and antique pieces. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Agoda, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Esperas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Esperas Traditional Houses Hotel Oia
- Esperas Traditional Hotel
- Hotel Esperas Traditional
- Esperas Santorini/Oia