First I'm not a serial hotel reviewer. Generally, I expect highly rated hotels to be as advertised and only write reviews to warn travelers of lodging choices that may not be optimal. Hence, writing a positive review during the 5th day of a one week stay is a first.
The benefits of Esperas:
- traditional setting and first class lodging
- views that are to die for both from the pool area and your private terrace
- amazing sunsets guaranteed
- a beautiful pool area
- outstanding service and a staff that is attentive yield not intrusive
- food service that, while there is no restaurant, is very good and reasonably priced
- other niceties like free DVDs, books, treats on the bed at turn down and gift pool bags and wine upon check in
- its a superb value when you balance all the benefits (we couldn't be happier)
The hotel even sent someone to the pharmacy when someone in our group needed medication.
- views, views and more views
- a wide selection of restaurants
- one of the most beautiful main streets in Europe with shops, restaurants, etc. mixed in with breathtaking vistas
- one pleasant encounter with locals and merchants after another
Finally, we rented a boat for the day and explored the Caldera (sea filled crater) ourselves rather than join one of the many boat tours. This is something I highly recommend. Nothing like docking directly at a restaurant and eating a lunch with views of the volcano, Caldera and towns above.
Feel free to email if you have any questions. This place is wonderful and I will try to take the time to reply.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Esperas is a unique full service hotel that offers you the opportunity to experience the traditional cave houses of Santorini coupled with one of the most breathtaking views on the planet. A five minute walk from the center of the picturesque village of Oia, the complex is exclusively situated on the edge of a hanging cliff side (the Caldera), overlooking the breathtaking sunset and the volcanic rocks. An ambiance of comfort and relaxation is present throughout the 20 houses, complemented by traditional furniture and antique pieces. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Agoda, HotelsClick, Ebookers and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Esperas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Esperas Traditional Houses Hotel Oia
- Esperas Traditional Hotel
- Hotel Esperas Traditional
- Esperas Santorini/Oia