We stayed at Esperas while we were in Santorini for our honeymoon at the beginning of October. We were only there for 4 nights and wish we could have stayed the entire 10 days of our honeymoon. Santorini was the last leg of our trip and we couldn't have had a better location to end our amazing vacation in Greece.
From the very start the staff was amazing. Danny met us at the parking lot and carried our very heavy suitcases down to our room (and back up again when we left!) and we were very grateful! The woman at the desk (I cant remember her name) was super helpful upon our arrival and even arranged for dinner reservations for us at Dimitri's for our first night. We stayed in the Honeymoon Suite and were beyond happy with the accommodations. We were greeted in the room with a complimentary bottle of wine on ice, fresh roses and balloons and a letter on the bed wishing us a happy honeymoon. How nice?! The room was spacious, clean and included two balconies. The one off the bedroom included our own hot tub which was a great way to enjoy the sunset : )
I cannot say enough about the spectacular views of the sunset from Esperas Houses. No matter where you are in the hotel you have an unbelievable view. It was pretty amazing to sit on our balcony with a glass of wine and watch the most beautiful sunset in the world. If the rest of Oia wasn't beautiful in of itself we could have been completely satisfied never leaving our hotel.
The food from their restaurant was delicious and the daily breakfast was good also. It was pretty typical of a free breakfast but we were not disappointed. It also helped to bring your food out to the pool deck and enjoy the view while we ate.
I honestly cannot say enough good stuff about the staff. They were friendly and helpful and eager to answer any questions we had. They even arranged our rental car for us and the guy came to the hotel to fill out the paperwork and brought the car to us. Doesn't get any easier than that!
Thank you, thank you, thank you Esperas for making our honeymoon in Santorini the most amazing 4 nights ever. We hope to be able to come back again someday!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Esperas is a unique full service hotel that offers you the opportunity to experience the traditional cave houses of Santorini coupled with one of the most breathtaking views on the planet. A five minute walk from the center of the picturesque village of Oia, the complex is exclusively situated on the edge of a hanging cliff side (the Caldera), overlooking the breathtaking sunset and the volcanic rocks. An ambiance of comfort and relaxation is present throughout the 20 houses, complemented by traditional furniture and antique pieces. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Esperas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Esperas Traditional Houses Hotel Oia
- Esperas Traditional Hotel
- Hotel Esperas Traditional
- Esperas Santorini/Oia