Esperas is an oasis for any traveler going to Santorini in high season when mass tourism descends on this iconic island in Greece. Despite the hordes of tourists converging in Oia to watch the famous sunset, a guest at Esperas gets a real bonus -- the exclusivity of private sunsets viewings from their room verandas or the hotel's poolside restaurant. Once you open the gate (having descended lots of white washed steps!) to Esperas you move into a different world of serene, secluded and special. This is a traditional hotel built into the hillside - with every room unique in layout (and I got to view several!) It is definitely a nice boutique property offering stellar service and a most accommodating manager who ensures each guest is greeted and briefed on the variety of special places to see while in Santorini - a concierge par excellence. It is an easy jaunt up the whitewashed stairs to the cute town of Oia. If you physically cannot negotiate steps then most places in Santorini - an island filled with steps to the sea - may prove a challenge including Esperas. Would recommend slightly off season to fully enjoy the island with less tourists - but if high season is it then Esperas provides a welcome space to begin and end one's daily touring. Or just hang out by the pool overlooking the sea and enjoy the exquisite ambiance and sense of place in this traditional hotel with rooms cascading down the hillside. Other Esperasa' guests did take the opportunity to just relax and be at Esperas. I wish that I had had more time to do just that!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Esperas is a unique full service hotel that offers you the opportunity to experience the traditional cave houses of Santorini coupled with one of the most breathtaking views on the planet. A five minute walk from the center of the picturesque village of Oia, the complex is exclusively situated on the edge of a hanging cliff side (the Caldera), overlooking the breathtaking sunset and the volcanic rocks. An ambiance of comfort and relaxation is present throughout the 20 houses, complemented by traditional furniture and antique pieces. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Agoda and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Esperas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Esperas Traditional Houses Hotel Oia
- Esperas Traditional Hotel
- Hotel Esperas Traditional
- Esperas Santorini/Oia