Words are not enough to explain how amazing our experience was. All the wonderful comments/reviews on this hotel from Tripadvisor were indeed true and my husband and I were lucky to have had a taste of it!
The room that was provided to us was not for honeymooners but we felt it was. It was pretty spacious even the toilet. We are from Asia and based on experience the hotels in most Asian countries are wide compared to European hotels but I must say Esperas was an exemption. The staff were very friendly and accommodating esp. Hassna, George and Mario. Even before our arrival, Hassna was getting in touch consistently to ensure we have a smooth transfer from airport to hotel. Since I mentioned that we are from Asia, the staff didn't show or do anything that would make us feel uncomfortable or unwelcome as compared to other hotels from other islands where we stayed with. We stayed here for only 4 days and we wish we stayed longer (or even forever). George was always making sure we had our breakfast on time. And I'm not talking about the usual breakfast like bread and coffee but a real full one! Oh, and they served a complimentary local wine on our first day. The hotel is also situated in the best area in Oia. It is near to shops, restaurants and other sights. The best part was - we had a spectacular view of the sunset from our balcony and from the hotel bar while having a sip of martini especially prepared by Mario while most people go over the castle from the side of our hill to watch the sunset. Mario was even very friendly to have offerred to take some few photos of us while the sun was setting down. And my! he was good.. then he told us he attended few classes on photography. Wow, super Marion indeed, right?! It's true to what they say - "It's not just the place you see when you travel but the people you meet that can make your journey worth while". It was always been my dream to travel to Santorini and having a wonderful time in Esperas was an additional spice. Thank you so much!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Esperas is a unique full service hotel that offers you the opportunity to experience the traditional cave houses of Santorini coupled with one of the most breathtaking views on the planet. A five minute walk from the center of the picturesque village of Oia, the complex is exclusively situated on the edge of a hanging cliff side (the Caldera), overlooking the breathtaking sunset and the volcanic rocks. An ambiance of comfort and relaxation is present throughout the 20 houses, complemented by traditional furniture and antique pieces. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Agoda and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Esperas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Esperas Traditional Houses Hotel Oia
- Esperas Traditional Hotel
- Hotel Esperas Traditional
- Esperas Santorini/Oia