“I love Old Oia Houses!”
Review of Old Oia Houses

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Oia
Old Oia Houses
Ranked #43 of 56 Hotels in Oia
Reviewed 17 July 2010

We stayed in a traditional cave house for 4 nights in May 2009 and loved it. The price was such a great deal - and we had the same view as all the more pricey options. It was a bit of a walk down from the street but that made it fun. Pros: the view, location, the view, price, coziness, the view, charm, amenities like huge bathroom, stocked kitchen, balcony. Cons: staff was only available sporadically, unless you contacted them at their busy restaurant up the road (which was kind of hectic and confusing at first), but again kind of added to the charm. We also had an ant invasion the last day, but it didn't ruin it for us. I would definitely return to Old Oia Houses.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank heiho

Reviewed 11 July 2010

Charming, no frills room in a real cave house. Amazing, breathtaking views everytime you opened the wooden shutters in the morning to take in the immense beauty of the caldera. Such a lovely and unique experience and the perfect way to really get the full Santorini experience. Unbeatable value. If you're taoller than 5'7", watch your head in the doorways... I learned the hard way! ;-) Highly recommended!

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank michaelrc310
Reviewed 10 July 2010

First of all, the owners Gil and Vasilis weree such gracious hosts. Not only did they personally show us the rooms, they made sure we had fresh bread daily and a clean room that was well maintained. These were probably the cutest places that I have ever stayed in. My parents also were staying in another room that was just as amazing. Every room had a mini fridge, kitchenette, full bathroom, two bedrooms, dining table, tv, aircon, and was furnished in a cute Greek style. The views were amazing here and I am glad that I could stay here instead of being one of the millions of tourists who step off of a cruise ship and run through Oia in an hour so that they can see the sunset. This place was a dream come true.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Amerisam
Reviewed 2 July 2010

Old Oia houses is simply magnificent. Our stay in Santorini wouldnt be the same if we hadnt discovered this place. In my opinion in a place like Santorini its very important to choose the right hotel with the best possible views and Oia houses is just brilliant in every way possible.

We reached the bus station at Oia and according the directions provided by the owners set off to find the place. We were carrying very heavy luggage so it was quite a task manoeuvring through Oia village with the winding streets and stairs in the blazing sun. I almost died! After say about 15 minutes we found LOTZA, the restaurant we were supposed to check in at. I walked in and was blown awayyyyy by the amazing views! wow! all my strength just came back looking out into the ocean. We had to wait for our room to be cleaned so we sat and had a little meal and it was just perfect! After a while our room was ready and little anna came to escort us to our house. Again I dragged my luggage through the streets of oia and after about 5 minutes reached a red door. The red staircase lead us down to the front of our house on a cliff and we were stunned by the absolutely amazing view of the Caldera. It was just perfect!!! All this right from our front porch! Unbelievable. The porch/balcony had an umbrella, 2 chairs and a table and 2 deck chairs. Lovely!
We entered the room and again I was speechless. It was a big cave like room so tastefully decorated with a little kitchenette. Anna the house maid was so nice and helpful. She stocked up the kitchen with bread, butter, coffee, tea, juice, a huge bottle of water! She explained us everything about the room and told us fresh bread would be brought everyday (which she did) she was the best!

We paid next to nothing for all this and couldnt have asked for more. Hats off to the owners Vasilis and Gill. I wish we could have met them but they were away.

Dont look any further. This is the place to stay in Oia, Santorini. Highly reccomended to one and all! Thanks for reading and do see my pictures of the place.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank bbindal
Reviewed 2 July 2010

We spent 3 nights in one of the 2-bedroomed houses and all loved the place. The house, despite being close to all the action, was quiet and private and the views from the balcony were out of this world! Breakfast was provided in the apartment and this included orange juice, tea, coffee, freshly baked bread and jams etc.
Oia is beautiful especially if you are an early riser and can get out to take photographs before the crowds arrive. We loved everything about Oia and the Old Oia Houses.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank Cenem
Reviewed 23 June 2010

Plain and simple - our house was awesome. The woman who runs the rental service is a touch scattered and every time we saw her at their restaurant (Latzo) home base it was like she was meeting us for the first time but the houses are supremely excellent. Very spacious and clean with comfortable beds, a large bathroom and adequate sized kitchen. The best part is the private veranda where we enjoyed bottles of wine overlooking the famous caldera view. I would recommend this to any and all who want to stay in Oia.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank OGontheReg
Reviewed 20 June 2010

After spending many weeks checking out hotels and B & B in Oia we eventually settled for the Old Oia Houses, Gill was there to meet us when the taxi dropped us off and we stayed in room no. 5, Gill was also happy to arrange a taxi to pick us up for our trip back to the ferry. The accomodation was basic but thats what we expected. Very central to all the tavernas and shops, also the sunset viewing areas too. Only stayed two nights before catching the ferry to Crete so it was perfect for what we wanted. The view were wonderful from both our bedroom and the private terrace. Excellent value for money at 95 euros per night in comparision to many of the other over priced hotels. The balcony too was quite private, which couldnt be said for many other of the more expensive hotels in the area. Please be warned that Santorini is expensive!!!, we paid £20 for a small bottle of sun cream as I forgot to pack mine...If I was going to return to Santorini then I would definately stay here. Thank you Gill.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple