Kirini Santorini
  • Pool
  • Pool
  • Room Service
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsrelais chateauxour honeymoonsenior suitesister hotelwhite cavethe hotel managerrose petalsbeautiful hotelcell phonetour of the propertythe entire hotelwelcome drinkprivate poolbreathtaking viewsgreek saladthe cliffevery morning
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 December 2008

After getting married in June my husband and I went on our honeymoon where we traveled to London, Athens, Mykonos, Santorini, Barcelona and Costa Del Sol (Marbella)...Our stop in Santorini was by far the best part of our trip and the Kirini Hotel had everything to do with it. From the moment we arrived to the day we left (which I didn't want to) the hotel staff went out of their way to make our stay unforgettable. They even went so far to fill a prescription of antibiotics for me as I had a terrible sinus infection that had to be treated. Irini, the hotel manager, took the prescription slip, filled it and hand delivered it to my room (reading me the directions since they were in Greek). The hotel is a boutique hotel so it is small and cozy. We stayed in room 12 and it was perfect overlooking the pool and the Caldera. The pool is on the smaller side but relatively normal compared to the other hotels in the area. It was clean and perfect to cool off...There are many stairs which can be steep (not slippery like other people said) so wear comfortable shoes and prepare for a workout! We ate our complimentary breakfast every morning and it was always delicious. The staff again were accomodating and my husband and I felt like we'd known them for years. They were not too pushy and certainly gave us our privacy. The hotel is a short walk to Oia where everyone congegates to see the breathtaking sunset and a short cab (or rental car drive away) to Fira which is busier and full of life. We did one excursion set up by the hotel which was the private sunset cruise...We were concerned since it was somewhat pricy but it was COMPLETELY worth every dollar. Again, the crew on the boat were so nice...taking a million pictures of/for us and just being so sweet. We did rent a car, which there was a rental place across the street from the hotel and it was again another great decision. We drove to Akrotiri where the red and white sand beaches are and if you wanted to you could stop along the way at one of the many wineries. I loved my stay at the Kirini and marked it as one of the best parts of our honeymoon. I can't wait to come back sometime in the near future!

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank loki02468
Reviewed 28 October 2008

My husband and I stayed at Kirini (then named Katikies Suites) for a portion of our honeymoon trip to Greece. To say the least, we loved it!! Lefty (as he is known) the manager was always at our disposal, as was Sabrina the assistant manager. Both were very friendly and went out of their way to make our stay as enjoyable as possible. When we missed our ferry to Mykonos they even made arragements for us to stay last minute at one of their sister resorts in Imerovigli (and only charged us the Kirini rate which was less than the other) since they had no availability at Kirini. They even called the resort in Mykonos to let them know not to expect us and to see if we could get our money back for that night. Even without this misstep, their service and attention was second to none.

The hotel itself was great, built right into the cliff as so many of them are in Santorini - it had stunning views of the caldera and the pool deck was great for lounging and relaxing with fresh towels and staff (dressed all in white) to adjust your umbrella shade or bring you a drink. The room was spacious, clean and nice - our only complaint was that they had issues wiht the water one day and we had no hot water for an afternoon. Each guest gets a cell phone that can be used to call back to the hotel at the push of a button if you find yourself lost, need to hand over the phone to your taxi driver for more accurate directions, or whatever else you may need.

The location of the hotel was also great. Oia - is by far my favorite location in Santorini. It is not as busy as Fira and has amazing views of the sunset and caldera. The rest of island is easily accessible by taxi or 4 wheeler.

Dinner the last night of our stay there poolside was the best meal we had all week (which is saying something since the food in Greece in general is fabulous and especailly at the restaurants we ate at in Santorini). Needless to say we can't wait to go back. We will definitely stay at Kirini again and would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2005, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 October 2008

My husband and I stayed at the Kirini during the first part of our honeymoon. We also traveled to Italy where we stayed at JK Place on Capri and Le Sirenuse in Positano. With these top hotels we actually knew the least about the Kirini and were worried that it would not live up to our expectations and we were completely wrong. The hotel is absolutely fabulous. It topped Le Sirenuse in comfort and service. The Kirini is not really a hotel, but rather lots of little rooms or caves built into the mountain side. There is no central location like a lobby (there sort of is, but not really) except for the pool. There are lots of steps and its a workout getting around, but the beauty of Oia is like a dream. We didn't want to leave the hotel to do anything because the view and scenery at the pool is so incredible. And its so quiet! The staff at the hotel is great, they won't let you open a sun umbrella or a towel...they are there to do everything! Irini, the hostess will help you with anything you need and she will get all your dinner reservations and even got us a boat for the day. She comes by every morning when you arrive at the pool and checks in to see if you need anything that day. The staff were so kind and friendly but also not overbearing. The food is also delicious. The grilled chicken salad, club sandwich and Greek wrap were so good that we ate lunch at the hotel every day. The breakfast is phenomenal also- it is complimentary down by the pool or you can pay 5 Euro to have it brought to your room to eat on your deck, which I highly reccomend. We live in NYC so we are spoiled with good food and the food at the Kirini couldn't have been better! The walk into town is easy, you are really close by. We ate at 1800, Ambrosia and Ambrosia Nectar and all were fabulous. Go to Ambrosia early - the view is beautiful. The only thing that we did not do that I would having been is get a room with a pool/hot tub on the deck. I absolutely reccomend this hotel and we are already talking about going back, we coudn't imagine a better spot for our honeymoon. If you have any questions feel free to contact me.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 August 2008

Good afternoon, I don´t know how to start to explain and give a opinion of Santorini - Oia (Ia) - and the hotel KIRINI...

Me and my wife stayed in Ia for 8 days, it was our honeymoon. We didn´t realize what was coming and what to expect in that period of time, but we can say that in the all and at the end it was a fantastic experience.
The Island is simply the best, we liked much more of IA than other parts of the Island, like Fira or Kamari (it was too way touristic), maybe the people are nicer, friendly...
Every day we have seen the sunset and aprreciate every minute and every second of views, smells, food and others...
I must say that in the hotel it was everything perfect, the food, the calmness and the affection of all the employes that worked in that place.
We must say thanks to one person, and to all the employes that make our stay a little more devine, thanks (Irine "hope we wrote well"), and to the all that worked to make our days a little more nicer.
In summary, what we loved in IA, was everything, the Island, the people, the calmness all of that. 5* and a lot more...

Thanks for all, and we expect to see you(IA, Kirini) shortly...

Nuno & Raquel

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 June 2008

We were awed by the beauty of this island and the beauty of The Kirini Hotel. Although the view is 5 star, we would not consider this worthy of a 5 star hotel rating, though, for the following reasons: 1) Our room was much smaller than expected for 700 Euros a night with awkward furniture and a sparse bathroom. The balcony was not private at all. The staff did oblige our request to lower the mirror in the bathroom so that I, a 5ft. 7 in (1 m,65) woman could see myself in the mirror. 2) The in room blowdryer was from the 1950's and I ran around the island with wet hair subsequently 3) Service was verrrrryyy slow 4) THE SPA WAS TERRIBLE - do not waste your money for one second!! The masseur made my husband keep his wet bathing suit on for his massage in the lobby of the spa!!!! (250 euros - a complete waste) ! 5) No complimentary shuttle pick up to and from the hotel. On the other hand, the new, young chef is wonderful. He was trained by a Michelin starred French chef and the food is delicate, precise, and well thought out. The fixed menu at The White Cave restaurant was beautifully prepared and delicious. The wine pairing was perfect, although parsimonious. We did feel rushed, though, throughout the meal. We agree with past reviewers regarding the lack of a true restaurant and bar on site. The staff was a bit too attentive and constantly present...hard to find privacy. The island is gorgeous with fabulous restaurants, but we will try someplace else next time.....

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled as a couple