“Best ever! Really (I travel a lot)”
Review of Atrina Canava 1894

Atrina Canava 1894
Ranked #3 of 58 Hotels in Oia
Reviewed 9 June 2012

Just returned from my 11 day trip to Santorini celebrating my birthday. This is not a hotel, it is a home away from home, with impeccable service and amazing people. It was hard to do anything else but enjoy the view. The breakfast ritual each morning was one of my favorite things with pressed coffee and fresh juice overlooking the sea. I will most definitely be back! Thanks to my new friends at Atrina. XXOO Stephanie

Room Tip: All rooms are great - we were in both Tholos and the Studio both were wonderful
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank WKA_NYC

Reviewed 23 May 2012

Wow. I have to start with the view even though this is a review on the property. Breathtaking. I have to say that this is the most beautiful vista I have ever seen first hand. Stunning. OK, so our arranged pick up from the airport to the moment we walked in to the room was great. We stayed in Mina's House. Go there. We had the biggest and coolest terrace of the property. Popped open my free bottle of chilled white wine and sat there for what seemed like hours just staring out at that view. The room was clean, well appointed and perfect. Athina was awesome. She answered so many questions from us and offered to help or do extras on several occasions. Loved her. So nice. We stayed in Athens, Mykonos and Santorini. This was by far the most expensive place we stayed, but I would come here again in a heartbeat. Most people will only come here once and it is worth the splurge if you can handle it. What an experience!! Thank you Athina and Adrianna and staff.

Room Tip: We stayed in Mina's room. Everything was excellent except for the bed. It was VERY firm. We woul...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Mauibums
Reviewed 22 May 2012

We stayed here for our honeymoon in July 2010 after an extra night in Athens due to an airport strike. The staff were super friendly and flexible with our late arrival. We spent most of the day lounging outside our room. It isn't exactly private, but we had enough space from the other guests that we were happy. The owner was so sweet. She got up at 5am to make sure our cab picked us up on time on our last day. She also helped us verify that our flights would be leaving as scheduled because of yet another strike. :) Breakfast was perfect - fruit, juice, yogurt, and pastries - just what you want before a day sitting in the sun. I would stay here again and highly recommend to any of my friends - especially a couple looking for a romantic trip. Skip Fira - Oia is the place to be. If you want to see other parts, rent a scooter for a day, but I promise you'll be right back at the pool the next day. Best view on earth without all the cruise ship traffic.

Room Tip: I suggest a room on the lowest level for the most privacy. We stayed in Mina's House and it was...
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank KristenMLCoe
Reviewed 23 February 2012

I just smile when I think back to our stay here! It is so amazing, in so many ways!

Our pre-arranged pick up, organised through the hotel was there at the airport waiting for us. On arrival, we were just blown away by the view at the top of the property and the look and feel of the Cave Resort. Check in was very smooth; we were shown to our Cave House (The Studio) promptly. We were greeted by a reasonable sized patio which had two sun loungers and a dinning table and chair on it. I can not express enough how fabulous the view is from your patio (all patios have the same view) Once inside, we were greeted by a cool, open plan large studio, with a cute bathroom. It was very clean.

The pool area is small but again, wow, what a wonderful place to relax and look out over the Caldera. Towels are provided and a complimentary bottle of water for you.

I should mention the breakfast…you ring from your Cave House when you are ready for it and it arrives within 15mins max of placing the call. The breakfast is very nice - yogurt, fresh fruit, pastries, fresh orange, coffee/Tea. It's substantial. Though I will add a bit of feedback for the properties Manager; if you are staying for a week like we did, the breakfast does start to become a bit repetative. Maybe you can mix it up a bit every other day?

Oia and this Cave Resort is beautiful. I want to go back…I just loved waking up to the view across the Caldera every day!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Around_the_World_165
Reviewed 5 February 2012

We stayed for a week at Atrina. It is worth the price for the views alone. Each room or house as they describe has everything you need for a comfortable stay. They are all generously sized and well appointed. The view from the room was spectacular to say the least. Breakfast was served on your terrace and was really nice but possibly could have been varied slightly over the week. The pool area is compact but this is no ones fault as all properties in Oia are built into the cliffs so space is always going to be a bit tight. We had a wonderful holiday and nothing was too much trouble for the small team of friendly staff. They were always there if you needed something but left you have your own space. I particularly liked the way they popped down and lit lanterns around your property as the sun went down. A more relaxed and chilled out atmosphere would be hard to find.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank StaffordMR
Reviewed 5 February 2012

This is not a cheap place, but the Santorini leg of our Greek trip was our time for relaxation between Athens and Naxos. Between the enormous (and delicious) breakfast brought to our balcony, the cushioned sun loungers at the edge of our deck area, the beautiful infinity pool, soft bath robes, great toiletries and delivered club sandwiches whenever I couldn't bear to move, Atrina was perfect for us. I'd definitely return!

Room Tip: The lowest level of rooms offers a bit more privacy from the street and a view unobstructed by other...
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mjsinbaltimore
Reviewed 31 December 2011

Wow! I stayed at Atrina when my best friend was getting married in Oia. She reserved the room for us, so it was a very nice surprise when we got there. It is a truly beautiful hotel with best in class service. We stayed in the Canava Suite and I would definitely stay there again. I looked forward to waking up every morning to walk outside to see the view of the volcano and enjoy the breakfast that was delivered on the patio. This hotel is expensive, but it is as beautiful as it looks and the service is fantastic.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank KristyCA
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oia
0 mi away
#1 of 51 in Imerovigli
Kirini Santorini
Kirini Santorini
#9 of 58 in Oia

Been to Atrina Canava 1894? Share your experiences!