“Exquisite!”

Ranked #3 of 55 Hotels in Oia
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Exquisite!”
Reviewed 17 June 2012

This place is like a dream world. Oia in general was our favorite part of Santorini when my wife and I visited the island for a week in June, but this hotel was definitely part of that great experience. Spacious and nicely done traditional rooms. Spectacular views from the balcony. Exceptions customer service with timely delivery of food and breakfast (early morning brought to the balcony). Nice swimming pool with great view and lots of tanning beds. Hospitable and kind staff. A bit over priced compared to the other areas of Santorini but well worth it in our opinion!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Seya9493

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Al Khobar, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed 16 June 2012

We spent 3 days in Santorini with my husband and two little kids(2 and 5 years old) and I can say that was one of the most wonderful time we had.

Starting for the owner, Atina who receive us very well, she and the people who works there are verygentle and helpfull , taking care of all we need (car rentals, tours , etc..)
The room(Junior suite) is wonderful, (look lthis roons we use to see in Decor magazines)and charming . The wiew ffrom the balcony is AMAZING.
The breakfast is delicious(You have to try fresch greek Yogurt...hummm)and fruits and...everything delicious!!!
Fantastic!!!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Mjnunez77
New York City, New York
Reviewed 9 June 2012

Just returned from my 11 day trip to Santorini celebrating my birthday. This is not a hotel, it is a home away from home, with impeccable service and amazing people. It was hard to do anything else but enjoy the view. The breakfast ritual each morning was one of my favorite things with pressed coffee and fresh juice overlooking the sea. I will most definitely be back! Thanks to my new friends at Atrina. XXOO Stephanie

Room Tip: All rooms are great - we were in both Tholos and the Studio both were wonderful
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank WKA_NYC
Seattle, WA
Reviewed 23 May 2012

Wow. I have to start with the view even though this is a review on the property. Breathtaking. I have to say that this is the most beautiful vista I have ever seen first hand. Stunning. OK, so our arranged pick up from the airport to the moment we walked in to the room was great. We stayed in Mina's House. Go there. We had the biggest and coolest terrace of the property. Popped open my free bottle of chilled white wine and sat there for what seemed like hours just staring out at that view. The room was clean, well appointed and perfect. Athina was awesome. She answered so many questions from us and offered to help or do extras on several occasions. Loved her. So nice. We stayed in Athens, Mykonos and Santorini. This was by far the most expensive place we stayed, but I would come here again in a heartbeat. Most people will only come here once and it is worth the splurge if you can handle it. What an experience!! Thank you Athina and Adrianna and staff.

Room Tip: We stayed in Mina's room. Everything was excellent except for the bed. It was VERY firm. We woul...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Mauibums
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 22 May 2012

We stayed here for our honeymoon in July 2010 after an extra night in Athens due to an airport strike. The staff were super friendly and flexible with our late arrival. We spent most of the day lounging outside our room. It isn't exactly private, but we had enough space from the other guests that we were happy. The owner was so sweet. She got up at 5am to make sure our cab picked us up on time on our last day. She also helped us verify that our flights would be leaving as scheduled because of yet another strike. :) Breakfast was perfect - fruit, juice, yogurt, and pastries - just what you want before a day sitting in the sun. I would stay here again and highly recommend to any of my friends - especially a couple looking for a romantic trip. Skip Fira - Oia is the place to be. If you want to see other parts, rent a scooter for a day, but I promise you'll be right back at the pool the next day. Best view on earth without all the cruise ship traffic.

Room Tip: I suggest a room on the lowest level for the most privacy. We stayed in Mina's House and it was...
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank KristenMLCoe
London, UK
Reviewed 23 February 2012

I just smile when I think back to our stay here! It is so amazing, in so many ways!

Our pre-arranged pick up, organised through the hotel was there at the airport waiting for us. On arrival, we were just blown away by the view at the top of the property and the look and feel of the Cave Resort. Check in was very smooth; we were shown to our Cave House (The Studio) promptly. We were greeted by a reasonable sized patio which had two sun loungers and a dinning table and chair on it. I can not express enough how fabulous the view is from your patio (all patios have the same view) Once inside, we were greeted by a cool, open plan large studio, with a cute bathroom. It was very clean.

The pool area is small but again, wow, what a wonderful place to relax and look out over the Caldera. Towels are provided and a complimentary bottle of water for you.

I should mention the breakfast…you ring from your Cave House when you are ready for it and it arrives within 15mins max of placing the call. The breakfast is very nice - yogurt, fresh fruit, pastries, fresh orange, coffee/Tea. It's substantial. Though I will add a bit of feedback for the properties Manager; if you are staying for a week like we did, the breakfast does start to become a bit repetative. Maybe you can mix it up a bit every other day?

Oia and this Cave Resort is beautiful. I want to go back…I just loved waking up to the view across the Caldera every day!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Around_the_World_165
Stafford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 February 2012

We stayed for a week at Atrina. It is worth the price for the views alone. Each room or house as they describe has everything you need for a comfortable stay. They are all generously sized and well appointed. The view from the room was spectacular to say the least. Breakfast was served on your terrace and was really nice but possibly could have been varied slightly over the week. The pool area is compact but this is no ones fault as all properties in Oia are built into the cliffs so space is always going to be a bit tight. We had a wonderful holiday and nothing was too much trouble for the small team of friendly staff. They were always there if you needed something but left you have your own space. I particularly liked the way they popped down and lit lanterns around your property as the sun went down. A more relaxed and chilled out atmosphere would be hard to find.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple