“Great experience”
Review of Atrina Canava 1894

Atrina Canava 1894
Ranked #4 of 56 Hotels in Oia
Reviewed 10 October 2013

Atrina Houses is one of the many resorts offering scenic "cave" houses on the cliffs facing the calderia with beautiful views of the Mediterranean. Although these resorts are simular in appearance on various parts of the Island, the differences are both in location and how they are finished inside along with how many stairs you have to climb for access. Atrina houses are in village of Oia on north end of Island which most people find to be the most upscale area. Oia has the best shopping, some of the best eating and scenery and is especially famous for it`s sunsets. Atrina has had more updating, including A/C (some of the cave houses can feel damp), nicer pool, furniture and bedding than some of the others. It is also higher on the cliffs with less stairs down (can still be 35 to 50) than some of the the other properties which can have 2x that amount or more. There is no other access so be prepared to be able to do steps if you plan on staying in cave houses. The help will carry luggage up and down so that is not an issue. They serve an excellent breakfast on your outdoor patio each morning (included). Resort is very well maintained and an excellent choice although you can stay cheaper other places. We rent a car but can use Island buses. Would suggest at least 3 day stay on Santorini but plan on a week if you really want to relax. It one of the most beautiful places on earth. Late spring and early fall are best seasons with best weather and less crowds.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Larry D

Reviewed 4 October 2013

Loved it here!!! I was so excited to stay here and Atrina did not disappoint! We stayed in the Tholos House for 4 nights at the end of September. The room was beautiful, very spacious, and the location was perfect. We ate breakfast every morning on our balcony with incredible views. The only thing I would mention is the bathroom doesn't have a shower head mounted to the wall, it's the kind you have to hold. It took a few minutes to get used to, and I had to put it down every time I wanted to shampoo,rinse, etc. but definitely not a big deal (I just felt like it made me waste water!) I feel awful that I can't remember the woman's name at reception but I am bad with names, however, she was awesome. Anything we needed, dinner reservations, transportation, cruise tickets, she handled, right away. She was so nice and definitely made a difference. I would 100% stay here again and hope I get the chance to sooner rather than later. Also- Santorini in late September- amazing weather during the day, HOT, but at night, it cools down quite a bit, probably because you are up so high on the cliffs, so keep that in mind when you are packing!

Room Tip: all the rooms had great views- don't think you could go wrong with any of them!
Reviewed 26 September 2013

Atrina is one of my favourite hotels of all time. We stayed for 4 nights but wish it was longer.
The staff were friendly and professional from the first time I sent an email. They were always replied to promptly.
Our airport pick up was arranged and the Kosta met the taxi at the pedestrian walkway. We were lucky to arrive as the sun was setting and we were already impressed.
Check in was prompt and easy, our bags were taken to our rooms whilst we were given a tour of pool facilities and room. Simply stunning
We were provided with a mobile phone for our stay. We could call the bar and our breakfast was delivered, or drinks throughout the day. You could also call reception if you needed anything.
A complimentary bottle of wine was also provided...thank you, I enjoyed it!
We stayed in Melanies room, it was a good size and felt very private. We didn't have other guests walking across our balcony to get to the pool or street level. There also wasn't too many stairs to climb.
We were given great recommendations for restaurants and car hire was organised for us. Nothing was too much trouble.
It was a fantastic 4 days, I wish it was longer and can't wait to return.

Room Tip: Melanies room . Close to street level, but very quiet no street noise from inside room. Also very pr...
2  Thank Robyn10_10
Reviewed 17 September 2013

I travel A LOT! For work and for fun and I stay in a lot of hotels, so it take a really good experience to get me to write a review. This place was incredible. Our room was HUGE and very comfortable. Our views was unbelievable, the pool was perfect, the bar at the pool had great food and great drinks. The staff was very friendly but not in the fake annoying kind of way where everything they say come off as bogus and scripted (like some large luxury hotels).

The best thing about this place was what they did for us at the end of the stay. When we sent our boarding passes in an email for them to print they noticed that our flight wasn't until 3pm. At most hotels you would have to go to the front desk and negotiate to let them give you a late check out. . Not at Atrina, they called my room and offered it to me without me even asking. How nice is that??

Stay here.. trust me. You won't regret it.

Room Tip: We stayed in Canevas and it rocked!!
3  Thank VBlumen
Reviewed 16 September 2013

Informative and warm staff, beautiful view. Nice breakfast in the room balcony.It would be better if the bathroom was more treated.

1  Thank Marilyn1999
Reviewed 16 September 2013

Absolutely superb. Atrina's is only about 50 metres from the start of the pedestrian walkway, so access from the road is quick and easy, and in any case our (Atrina arranged) taxi driver rang ahead and Atrina's friendly staff were there to meet us and transport our luggage. We had the Senior Suite booked which is a spacious residence only maybe 20 steps from the top of the cliff-top office. A further 20 odd steps down from our suite was the pool and bar, which was a brilliant place to have a cocktail or two and a small meal.
Guests are provided with a mobile phone during their stay which has two pre-programmed numbers; one is for the office so that if you are ever in any difficulties anywhere on the island, a quick call and you will be sorted; the other number being for the bar. This can be used to order drinks and food during the day from your room if you wish, and is also used to order breakfast each morning, which is delivered to your terrace in quick time and placed on a clean linen tablecloth on your table. Very civilised.
Quality of food and drinks was first class, especially as there is no formal restaurant, and both the owners and staff are extremely friendly and helpful, from arranging sailing trips, car/bike hire, restaurant recommendations, taxi pick up etc. Nothing appears to be any trouble.
I cannot recommend this property highly enough. It is brilliant!

Room Tip: My personal preference would be to book a room higher up the cliff so as to avoid more steps than ne...
5  Thank RussellS76
Reviewed 3 September 2013

We spent half of our honeymoon at Atrina, and it was just perfect. The reservation process was simple, the staff helped arrange a taxi to the hotel, and every single detail was perfect. The breakfast on the balcony was delicious, and the staff was extremely helpful wi dinner reservations as well as reserving a sailing cruise for us.

Rooms were spotless and cleaned twice a day. Breakfast was delivered 10 minutes after ordering, and the hotel was very relaxing. Walking around Oia is simple, too, so don't worry about that!

You will not be disappointed!

Oh, did I mention the view?! Incredible.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oia
Andronis Luxury Suites
Filotera Suites
Filotera Suites
#6 of 56 in Oia
Petit Palace Suites Hotel
Iconic Santorini, a boutique cave hotel

Been to Atrina Canava 1894? Share your experiences!