“Wonderful!”
Review of Atrina Canava 1894

Atrina Canava 1894
Ranked #3 of 58 Hotels in Oia
Reviewed 17 October 2013

You can't beat the view! You can't beat the room! You certainly can't beat the staff! Staying here was absolutely terrific! We stayed here in September and I would certainly recommend this hotel to anyone going to Santorini. The room was beautiful and breakfast served on our own balcony by Kosta was fantastic. You simply could not want for anything.

Reviewed 16 October 2013

One of my girlfriends recommended Atrina for our honeymoon; we are so happy we booked our stay in Santorini here! After seeing other resorts there, there wasn't anything that we felt we were missing out on here. We were here from Oct 1-7 this month.

You couldn't ask for a more beautiful setting. Every room has a fabulous, unobstructed view; a nice porch and a mini-kitchen, which makes bringing wine and some leftovers back helpful. Beginning the day with a Greek breakfast delivered to your patio table every morning is the perfect way to start any day - I'll miss that!

The pool would be wonderful to enjoy during warmer months- none of the pools there are heated, so it was freezing this time of year. It's a great place to lay out, enjoy the view, a book and a glass of wine from the poolside bar- which was reasonably priced compared to restaurants in the area.

The entire staff was friendly and helpful. Melanie in the front desk was very helpful with assisting us to find tours or discuss options since the weather was touch and go throughout the week. She also had some great restaurant recommendations!

The location was great as well- it's on the main ped-walk throughout the downtown of Oia. Just steps away from all of the shops and restaurants in the area.

If you're looking for quiet relaxation, a great location and a fabulous view, this is your place.

Room Tip: Look through their rooms online and request which you'd like - they have rooms to accommodate si...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 October 2013

Amazing Atrina Houses is simply the best place to stay on Santorini in Oia Village. This review is very late but we promised ourselves that we'd do it on return. So better late then never. We stayed for 4 nights in July and then moved to Firastefani, but by then we had been well and truly spoilt. Even though we had a VIP suite at our Firastefani accommodation, we had "Atrina Houses" withdrawal symptoms to get through. Everything is superb but the friendly professional service takes the cake. Athina and Irena just couldn't be more helpful with booking tours, recommending great restaurants and answering endless questions. We stayed in the Canava cave house with our 11 year old and it was perfect and certainly roomy enough. The fruit salad for breakfast was first class, but everything was great. As previous reviews have mentioned we were greeted on arrival by Costa the strongest man in Greece we reckon. After all the shopping in Athens, he carried my 30 kilo suitcase slung over one shoulder with ease. Amazing! And next time we visit I won't do that to you again Costa I will leave the shopping to last stop in Athens. A beautiful touch was the bottle of wine on arrival plus the mobile phone to use during our stay. We could ring Athina at any time from any part of the island for anything basically. And just to finish there is a lot you can do on Santorini besides relaxing and shopping. Visit all the beaches, do the sunset bbq catamaran tour, dine down in Amoudi Bay at sunset, hire a car and tour the island it's worth getting around. Santorini felt like paradise !!!

Room Tip: I think all the cave houses in this venue would be superb and the website allows you to do a virtual...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank L_P848
Reviewed 10 October 2013

Atrina Houses is one of the many resorts offering scenic "cave" houses on the cliffs facing the calderia with beautiful views of the Mediterranean. Although these resorts are simular in appearance on various parts of the Island, the differences are both in location and how they are finished inside along with how many stairs you have to climb for access. Atrina houses are in village of Oia on north end of Island which most people find to be the most upscale area. Oia has the best shopping, some of the best eating and scenery and is especially famous for it`s sunsets. Atrina has had more updating, including A/C (some of the cave houses can feel damp), nicer pool, furniture and bedding than some of the others. It is also higher on the cliffs with less stairs down (can still be 35 to 50) than some of the the other properties which can have 2x that amount or more. There is no other access so be prepared to be able to do steps if you plan on staying in cave houses. The help will carry luggage up and down so that is not an issue. They serve an excellent breakfast on your outdoor patio each morning (included). Resort is very well maintained and an excellent choice although you can stay cheaper other places. We rent a car but can use Island buses. Would suggest at least 3 day stay on Santorini but plan on a week if you really want to relax. It one of the most beautiful places on earth. Late spring and early fall are best seasons with best weather and less crowds.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Larry D
Reviewed 4 October 2013

Loved it here!!! I was so excited to stay here and Atrina did not disappoint! We stayed in the Tholos House for 4 nights at the end of September. The room was beautiful, very spacious, and the location was perfect. We ate breakfast every morning on our balcony with incredible views. The only thing I would mention is the bathroom doesn't have a shower head mounted to the wall, it's the kind you have to hold. It took a few minutes to get used to, and I had to put it down every time I wanted to shampoo,rinse, etc. but definitely not a big deal (I just felt like it made me waste water!) I feel awful that I can't remember the woman's name at reception but I am bad with names, however, she was awesome. Anything we needed, dinner reservations, transportation, cruise tickets, she handled, right away. She was so nice and definitely made a difference. I would 100% stay here again and hope I get the chance to sooner rather than later. Also- Santorini in late September- amazing weather during the day, HOT, but at night, it cools down quite a bit, probably because you are up so high on the cliffs, so keep that in mind when you are packing!

Room Tip: all the rooms had great views- don't think you could go wrong with any of them!
Reviewed 26 September 2013

Atrina is one of my favourite hotels of all time. We stayed for 4 nights but wish it was longer.
The staff were friendly and professional from the first time I sent an email. They were always replied to promptly.
Our airport pick up was arranged and the Kosta met the taxi at the pedestrian walkway. We were lucky to arrive as the sun was setting and we were already impressed.
Check in was prompt and easy, our bags were taken to our rooms whilst we were given a tour of pool facilities and room. Simply stunning
We were provided with a mobile phone for our stay. We could call the bar and our breakfast was delivered, or drinks throughout the day. You could also call reception if you needed anything.
A complimentary bottle of wine was also provided...thank you, I enjoyed it!
We stayed in Melanies room, it was a good size and felt very private. We didn't have other guests walking across our balcony to get to the pool or street level. There also wasn't too many stairs to climb.
We were given great recommendations for restaurants and car hire was organised for us. Nothing was too much trouble.
It was a fantastic 4 days, I wish it was longer and can't wait to return.

Room Tip: Melanies room . Close to street level, but very quiet no street noise from inside room. Also very pr...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Robyn10_10
Reviewed 17 September 2013

I travel A LOT! For work and for fun and I stay in a lot of hotels, so it take a really good experience to get me to write a review. This place was incredible. Our room was HUGE and very comfortable. Our views was unbelievable, the pool was perfect, the bar at the pool had great food and great drinks. The staff was very friendly but not in the fake annoying kind of way where everything they say come off as bogus and scripted (like some large luxury hotels).

The best thing about this place was what they did for us at the end of the stay. When we sent our boarding passes in an email for them to print they noticed that our flight wasn't until 3pm. At most hotels you would have to go to the front desk and negotiate to let them give you a late check out. . Not at Atrina, they called my room and offered it to me without me even asking. How nice is that??

Stay here.. trust me. You won't regret it.

Room Tip: We stayed in Canevas and it rocked!!
3  Thank VBlumen
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oia
0 mi away
Ikies - Traditional Houses
Kirini Santorini
Kirini Santorini
#9 of 58 in Oia

Been to Atrina Canava 1894? Share your experiences!