“Breathtaking stay”

Ranked #3 of 55 Hotels in Oia
Toronto, Canada
“Breathtaking stay”
Reviewed 21 April 2014

This review is very overdue,
Before I begin, i would like to tell you that we are both travellers from Canada and I have been to many different 5 stars hotels/resorts around North America.

My wife and I went there for our Honeymoon July 2013 and the place blew us away. First off, the scenery is breathtaking, and the room is extremely unique, carved out into a cave. in your room you are provided with a music system preloaded with CDs that would suit every mood, especially when you are sitting outside on you beach chairs enjoying your view or breakfast in a semi private balcony.

Secondly, Service Fantastic. My wife had brought a hair straighter from Canada, and i had a converted, but for some reason, my converted got burned and as a result, the hair straightener got ruined. Called in Reception, i asked them if we can go somewhere to buy a hair straighter and i explained what had happened, they immediately sent someone to see what the issue was, brought one of their own hair straighter to use and a converter, no charge and I did not even ask for that. now that is what i call service.

You pre-order your breakfast in the morning, and they will bring it to your balcony at exactly the time you specified, they will softly knock on your door and leave, without even waiting for a tip.

I highly recommend this place for couples, it is very romantic place, excellent service, breathtaking view and location.

I hope I return one day.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank hkhadori

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 March 2014

I carefully selected Atrina as I was planning a special holiday with my girlfriend on which I planned to propose. I was not disappointed. The hotel is exactly as it looks on the website. Each room is half built into the cliff and the hotel sort of tumbles down the cliff just below the pedestrian walkway into Oia. Each room has a beautiful little terrace (ours was very private) that overlooks the stunning Caldera. I popped the question on the terrace as the sun went down over the headland, and my now fiancee said yes - in truth, in that setting, it would be very difficult to say anything else. The room (Tholos II) is spacious, the bed very comfortable and the little terrace is so perfect that we spent quite a bit of time simply relaxing there. The staff are extremely welcoming and the breakfast that they bring to your room each morning is divine. And finally, the location is absolutely ideal being a short walk into the beautiful village of Oia but just slightly away from the busiest parts. We had a wonderful 3 nights and could easily have stayed a little longer. In my view Atrina represents fantastic value.

Room Tip: All the rooms looked excellent to me - ours was Tholos II which suited us very well.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple

4 Thank Richard W
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 11 January 2014

From the stunning views, cute and cozy rooms, friendly service and awesome breakfasts, this place did not disappoint. We loved the location and would highly recommend for a honeymoon stay in Santorini.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Adtmsu
Broome, Australia
Reviewed 7 December 2013 via mobile

We absolutely loved this hotel. We stayed in Sept 2013, the room was fantastic, the service was efficient and friendly, the staff obviously enjoy working here and take their job of making your stay enjoyable and comfortable very seriously. A very good suggestion list of local restaurants came in handy along with other tourist information. We will definitely stay here next time we are in Oia.

Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Yvette P
Menlo Park, California
Reviewed 22 November 2013

My family and I spent 4 nights at Atrina in October and it was absolutely perfect...truly! The staff was unbelievably helpful, friendly and knowledgeable. I was there with my husband, 2 small children (ages 4 and 2), mother and a family friend my mother's age. The location has to be one of the most beautiful I've ever seen. The daily breakfast while looking over the caldera was amazing. Atrina deserves all of its rave reviews and then some! We'll be back!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family

1 Thank SFFamilyTravelers
São Paulo
Reviewed 11 November 2013

This hotel it is absolutely fantastic in all ways.. I do not have words enough to say how pleasant was our stay!
We spent 6 nights at Atrina. Athina and her staff did not save efforts to make our stay absolutely perfect! Hotel is very well located at Oia, near great restaurants and many shops.
All rooms are fabulous - spacious, comfortable and have a wonderful view. Breakfast is amazing, served on your patio everyday...
But the highlight is the staff.. Always smiling and ready to help you on everything that you may need! I could not thank Athina enough to made our stay even more special!

If you are looking for a hotel in Santorini I definitely recommend you to stay at Atrina Houses!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank VanessaVM
Paris, France
Reviewed 28 October 2013

We spent 5 nights at the Atrina Traditional Houses and it was an amazing experience. The staff helped making our stay perfect, they were extremely helpful and kind. The rooms are amazing: clean and well decorated. The breakfast is great and it's really nice to enjoy it from your own balcony while contemplating a breathtaking view.

One last thing: the hotel's dog is the cutest thing on earth ;)

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family